Sekera

gee

Derek Roy; He's like a huge Hem -Roid! Nothing but a pain in the ass! He skates one way, no back checking let alone finishing checks. Watch the play were Sekera struggles to keep the puck in OT during the Devils game. Roid could have easily made a play on Kovalchuk. Our esteemed anouncers did not call him out but the coach did the next day.

That Roid needs to be lanced right now!

Yeah. getting paid 4 million to be the PPG player he is. How dare he!

Derek Roy; He's like a huge Hem -Roid! Nothing but a pain in the ass! He skates one way, no back checking let alone finishing checks. Watch the play were Sekera struggles to keep the puck in OT during the Devils game. Roid could have easily made a play on Kovalchuk. Our esteemed anouncers did not call him out but the coach did the next day.

That Roid needs to be lanced right now!

I'll trust you on that play; I was at the other end. But Roy is doing just fine.

He may have been the best Sabre on the ice last night

Roy has been the only sabre to produce with anything approaching big league numbers. Right now he's all we've got,

If you think so.

I'm going to vomit now and p.s. I will have tickets for sale after watching that crap again last night.

I was talking abvout Sekera not Roy, not that that changes your opinion, just sayin

Gotchya. Still want to puke though.

I have never seen anyone else who loses their feet as easily Roy does. I'm always amazed at him. I think he thinks he is a better player when on his knees, ass, belly or back and sweeping his stick for the puck.

TC is next and I think he learned the trait form Roy.

Gotchya. Still want to puke though.

I have never seen anyone else who loses their feet as easily Roy does. I'm always amazed at him. I think he thinks he is a better player when on his knees, ass, belly or back and sweeping his stick for the puck.

TC is next and I think he learned the trait form Roy.

That has changed this year. I don't know if he's finally decided to sharpen his blades, or what, but he is not on the floor all the time this season.

I still can't get over how much Roy gets bagged around here. He's been the best forward on the team, by far, since Briere left town. So maybe he comes across as kinda douchy, but doesn't your circle of friends have at least one kinda douchy guy in it too? The guy plays hard every night and has some top tier skill. Give the guy a friggin break.

I still can't get over how much Roy gets bagged around here. He's been the best forward on the team, by far, since Briere left town. So maybe he comes across as kinda douchy, but doesn't your circle of friends have at least one kinda douchy guy in it too? The guy plays hard every night and has some top tier skill. Give the guy a friggin break.

Are you his personal assistant or something?

I don't think he brings it every night. Not even close. And that's the whole problem with him. He's one of the best players on the team and, as you say, maybe the best forward, but there are still way too many games where he is invisible. Like Friday night against Ottawa -- 21 minutes, 0 pts, 1 shot on goal. He seems to me to lead the brigade of guys who don't feel the need to play hard at home because they think all they need to do is show up and someone will hand them a win.

I concur.

I don't think he brings it every night. Not even close. And that's the whole problem with him. He's one of the best players on the team and, as you say, maybe the best forward, but there are still way too many games where he is invisible. Like Friday night against Ottawa -- 21 minutes, 0 pts, 1 shot on goal. He seems to me to lead the brigade of guys who don't feel the need to play hard at home because they think all they need to do is show up and someone will hand them a win.

NONSENSE. ;)

He plays in the defensive zone better than any other forward we have. Just because he didn't score doesn't mean he was invisible.

I concur.

NONSENSE. ;)

He plays in the defensive zone better than any other forward we have. Just because he didn't score doesn't mean he was invisible.

Do you think he brings it every night?

Do you think he's better in the defensive zone than Grier? Hecht? Niedermayer?

• 3 months later...

Not sure what to make of this. Maybe because I hate Butler, think Sekera sucks and think Weber is going to be a rough tough d man. I thought Lindy was over his man love crush for Sekera. Guess not though. Can someone please tell Ruff that Sekera will not ever become Soupy and stop thinking he will please. Sekera has done a seasons worth of boneheaded giveaways due to style in 4 games already. Enough.

Instead of starting on a new thread on Reggie I though I would revive this one much like the Gerbe sucks thread has been revisited.

I cant believe this but I gotta say that I'm starting to love Reggie. There is a caveat to that however. He has limitaions and as long as you know they are there, you have to like this guy.

I am settled on living with his miscues that you can absolutely count on game in game out. The bonehead giveaway, the stupid pass etc. Count on it. What I have come to admire from Reggie is that he makes these gaffes because he is trying. Trying to make a difference with a rush or just to do something creative that blows up in his face and costs us a goal as Miller looks dumbfounded at him. But he is in fact trying and no one can deny his skating ability.

Reggie, Butler or Rivet?

So Reggie I owe you an apology but still am not to the man crush level that Lindy is with you. Lindy doesn't respect that he has to put limits on you. Much like with Miller he just doesn't have a clue. Or is it an option lol.

And so while I may have been wrong about Sekera, looks like I was right about Butler and Weber.

Instead of starting on a new thread on Reggie I though I would revive this one much like the Gerbe sucks thread has been revisited.

I cant believe this but I gotta say that I'm starting to love Reggie. There is a caveat to that however. He has limitaions and as long as you know they are there, you have to like this guy.

I am settled on living with his miscues that you can absolutely count on game in game out. The bonehead giveaway, the stupid pass etc. Count on it. What I have come to admire from Reggie is that he makes these gaffes because he is trying. Trying to make a difference with a rush or just to do something creative that blows up in his face and costs us a goal as Miller looks dumbfounded at him. But he is in fact trying and no one can deny his skating ability.

Reggie, Butler or Rivet?

So Reggie I owe you an apology but still am not to the man crush level that Lindy is with you. Lindy doesn't respect that he has to put limits on you. Much like with Miller he just doesn't have a clue. Or is it an option lol.

And so while I may have been wrong about Sekera, looks like I was right about Butler and Weber.

Manfully owned up to. Good job.

I agree on Butler and Weber.

I rank every defenceman who plays in defensive situations by the quality of players they face (QCMP) and how many goals they are on the ice for at even strength and while shorthanded.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/globe-on-hockey/the-nhls-top-defensive-defencemen-at-midseason/article1867013/

Shakira #5

I rank every defenceman who plays in defensive situations by the quality of players they face (QCMP) and how many goals they are on the ice for at even strength and while shorthanded.

http://www.theglobea...article1867013/

Shakira #5

Horse hockey!

Great journalist. Zero explanation as to WTF he is talking about.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/globe-on-hockey/the-nhls-top-defensive-defencemen-at-midseason/article1867013/

Shakira #5

And look who is number three! Letting Lyds and Pigeon go were mistakes - neither signed an outrageous contract, and I can't say that their "replacements" have been their equal - Pigeon has more of an offensive game than Leopold and is better in his own end, and Lyds is better defensively than leopold, morrisonn or Montador. I will concede that Lyds has no offensive game whatsoever.

Archived