Game Discussion Thread: Sabres @ Leafs, 9/27/10

nfreeman

Alright, ladies, there's a game tonight. It's preseason, but our boys are playing, and nobody's started the GDT at 10:35 AM?

NHL Network is allegedly showing the game LIVE at 7 pm. Maybe we'll even get HD!

Roster & lines per Sabres Edge:

Forwards

Nathan Gerbe-Matt Ellis-Mike Grier

Drew Stafford-Derek Roy-Mark Mancari

Jochen Hecht-Paul Gaustad-Cody McCormick

Tyler Ennis-Paul Byron-Zack Kassian

Defense

Jordan Leopold-Steve Montador

Mike Weber-Andrej Sekera

Chris Butler-Dennis Persson

Goaltenders

Patrick Lalime

Jhonas Enroth

So, we'll get our first look at Leopold, we'll see Weber, Persson and presumably Enroth, and we'll see the Savage Beast with not one but two high-scoring smurfs on his line. I'm kinda curious to get a look at Byron (5'9", 156), who put up 99 points in 64 games in his last season in juniors, and then 33 points in 57 games last year in Portland.

We might also see the new white jerseys.

Go Sabres.

NHL Network is allegedly showing the game LIVE at 7 pm. Maybe we'll even get HD!

Excellent, can't wait for the game. I'm having to work late again tonight. Is there a web link that will be showing the game tonight? Just so I have it on in the background while I *caugh* work hard.

Must be some reason...

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2010/09/gameday-update-ennis-out-for-tonight.html

"...The game is a radio-only broadcast in Buffalo. The NHL Network telecast will be blacked out."

Well I stand corrected then... but what the ######? :blink: :blink: How is an out-of-market game blacked out??

As far as a live stream, I stumbled across this site before Saturday's game. I hadn't known that the game would be blacked out, just assumed I wouldn't be home/awake that late. I'm not positive if this guy streams every Sabres game, or most Sabres games, or if it was a only a one-time deal, BUT the quality was excellent -- better than any other online stream I've ever seen. So it's probably worth checking out 20-30 mins before the game.

http://www.theblanetwork.com/

Oh, and white jerseys! Good timing. I just ordered a white Myers jersey online.

Free customization on nhl.com today only!

So $115 instead of ~$170 I think. Plus I've got a 20% off next purchase, bringing the total after shipping to <$100 :thumbsup:

I'm also strongly considering purchasing a white Myers as well today.

Thought about purchasing a Third until I read the words "screen printed single layer twill" and "glued" not followed by "sewn".

Sounds like NHL store is going on the cheap with the premier 3rds. Why would I want one if those tacky numbers and name plate are screen printed instead of layered sewn twill and blue stitching? It defeats the point of "retro".

I'm going to see what they look like through the Sabres Store at the arena. They do their own names and numbers.

Archived