Game Discussion Thread: Sabres @ Leafs, 9/27/10

nfreeman

They're better in the Sabre store. I picked up one there last year at Christmas time for my brother and everything was stitched on. It also didn't have that stupid size label on the front.

Really? Every Premier in the Sabre store today had the stupid size tag on the front.

Not to bad. Gerbe looks like he couldmake this team.

Weber on the other hand is Mark Mancari II, Career Ahler.

+1. Gerbe is pushing hard and is pretty effective. And regrettably, Weber looks like he has the body and the aggressiveness to be an NHL player, but not the decision-making or the passing. It might get better with experience, and he seemed to improve over the course of the game, but in the first half of the game last nght, it seemed like every pass he made was off target and every defensive zone decision was poor.

For that matter, neither Sekera nor Butler played particularly well either. Right now it's not a question of which of those 3 is going to win the job, it's which one is going to be the least bad.

Really? Every Premier in the Sabre store today had the stupid size tag on the front.

That's disappointing. Maybe they're in mass production mode right now. At least you can remove them if you decide to go that route.

Oh, and I'm sure it's been said already, but I've decided that Leopold will be going by the nickname Butters this season.

Essp. Stafford. Can't remember the last time i've seen him skate this well.

I heard on the broadcast last night he dropped 15lbs to play lighter and skate faster. In the two games I saw, it does appear to be..

That's disappointing. Maybe they're in mass production mode right now. At least you can remove them if you decide to go that route.

Oh, and I'm sure it's been said already, but I've decided that Leopold will be going by the nickname Butters this season.

I think I missed something... :unsure:

It has and he should. Will he turn into Professor Chaos?

The bright side -- Toronto skated its top 6 D.

Komiserik, Phaneuf, Kaberle all look pretty good.

Toronto should be worried - -- Gunnarson, Schenn, and Beuchemin look terrible.

Good call. As for Schenn, is that guy ever going to materialize into what they'd hoped? I see my fair share of Loaf games during the season, and it looks like the guy just doesn't get it at this level.

Archived