Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

Eklund says Sabres in on Kariya -- so of course it probably won't happen but what are your thoughts on Kariya? Haven't seen him discussed too much around here.

very gifted hands, great positioning, especially on the rush. He has lost a few steps though.

very gifted hands, great positioning, especially on the rush. He has lost a few steps though.

Yeah, his age is most bothersome to me. But age isn't everything. I haven't gotten to see too much of him since the "Mighty" Ducks days -- can he still hang with NHLers? Apparently so, at least according to his stats. Can he be a leader? Could he be a candidate for the "C" ?

Buy or sell -- Paul Kariya in Buffalo

Yeah, his age is most bothersome to me. But age isn't everything. I haven't gotten to see too much of him since the "Mighty" Ducks days -- can he still hang with NHLers? Apparently so, at least according to his stats. Can he be a leader? Could he be a candidate for the "C" ?

If Buffalo were in a position to be actual contenders, I would want both Kariy and Selänne, even at their ages.

But Buffalo is not in a position to make a run this season IMO. To many questions on the top 6 and defense.

Eklund says Sabres in on Kariya -- so of course it probably won't happen but what are your thoughts on Kariya? Haven't seen him discussed too much around here.

Useless bit of trivia:

That would be a lot of Hobey Baker Award Winners who played for the franchise:

Tom Kurvers (82), Robb Stauber (88), Brian Holzinger (95), Chris Drury (98), Ryan Miller (01), Jordan Leopold (02)

Paul Kariya (93)

Useless bit of trivia:

That would be a lot of Hobey Baker Award Winners who played for the franchise:

Tom Kurvers (82), Robb Stauber (88), Brian Holzinger (95), Chris Drury (98), Ryan Miller (01), Jordan Leopold (02)

Paul Kariya (93)

Blueline!

i said a while back we should bring kariya here.

Aren't we stocked to the gills with over the hill 3rd line players who have lost several steps?

Nieds and Grier. Add kariya and it's the over the hill gang.

KR, you're a very good poster, but Grier is not over the hill. He was very good for the Sabres all year last year, and was their best forward in the playoffs.

KR, you're a very good poster, but Grier is not over the hill. He was very good for the Sabres all year last year, and was their best forward in the playoffs.

C'mon. He might not be over the hill, but he certainly isn't on his way up it, either

Ok, my comment was tongue in cheek, to a point. And losing several steps was an exageration. Grier was great for this team on many levels last year, but he had clearly lost a step since his first stop.

Grizzled vets have a place on every team, especially playoff contending teams. They tend to be defensively responsible, blood and guts players who know how hard it is to win In the playoffs, that they don't have many opportunities left, and so are willing to do anything to win. Grier was great, and I am glad he was re-signed. I am OK with nieds, but I worry about how much he has left. Adding one more nearing 40 player to that third line may be overkill, which was more my point. I would rather see a youmg buck like gerbe or Kennedy learn at their knee.

Hopefully the play of these grizzled vets rubs off on the young guys on the team, which would be a drastic improvement over the way Roy is currently rubbing off on them.

Archived