Kassian arrested, Lagace offered a contract

tom webster

As much as the thought of having Kassian in the lineup excites me for what he'll bring to this team,I'm also dreading the thought of all the possible negatives he'll bring. Like the article said,this guy needs to mature. The last thing this team needs is an Avery type personality that puts himself ahead of the team. On the other hand,Kassian at his best is exactly what this team needs.

The last thing this team needs is an Avery type personality that puts himself ahead of the team. On the other hand,Kassian at his best is exactly what this team needs.

I'm thinking more like Carcillo or Hartnell, who are known for taking dumb penalties. They're physical and aggressive, but to a fault sometimes. Of course, the rest of the Sabres are so far the other way, that having someone like that might balance things out.

What a dummy Kassian is! He has what the Sabres have been lacking in the forwards ranks for years(especially a guy who could hopefully play on a scoring line). It was probably a long shot for him to make the big club come October, but this stunt probably guarantees him another year in the junior ranks. :doh:

Very interesting and worry-some IMO. The kid just seems to get in trouble. On the ice and off the ice. Not sure if it's just a stage of his life but these do seem minor incidents but just seems like this will just lead to bigger things. The mid-ice hit he made in his Windsor debut some say was questionable or unlucky and a fight at a bar... i mean, who hasn't had a fight in a bar? But, from a guy such as Kassian you expect more and his judgments just seem off. His maturity isn't anything to get very worried about yet but it could be if we continues on the wrong path.

Very interesting and worry-some IMO. The kid just seems to get in trouble. On the ice and off the ice. Not sure if it's just a stage of his life but these do seem minor incidents but just seems like this will just lead to bigger things. The mid-ice hit he made in his Windsor debut some say was questionable or unlucky and a fight at a bar... i mean, who hasn't had a fight in a bar? But, from a guy such as Kassian you expect more and his judgments just seem off. His maturity isn't anything to get very worried about yet but it could be if we continues on the wrong path.

I haven't had a fight in a bar. Does that make me weird?

I haven't either, and vanek-man's concerns are quite reasonable, but a smile crossed my face when reading the article. He's a wild beast! He does need to stay out of trouble though.

just people blowing things out of proportion.. like someone said, who hasn't had a fight at the bar (ok, so not EVERYBODY has. i'm not even 21 yet. but seriously, big deal.)? i'd rather have this guy going bar to bar handing out bruised lips than have Derek and Timmy going bar to bar groping each other

just people blowing things out of proportion.. like someone said, who hasn't had a fight at the bar (ok, so not EVERYBODY has. i'm not even 21 yet. but seriously, big deal.)? i'd rather have this guy going bar to bar handing out bruised lips than have Derek and Timmy going bar to bar groping each other

furthermore, i'd like to point that (at least in my opinion) beating up a taxi driver over a few cents or dollars is a LOT worse than getting in a fight at a bar, but i'm sure half of you would give your left testicle to see Kane in a sabres uniform. all that ASIDE from the fact we haven't heard the full story, who knows what really happened? maybe some other dudes there were getting rowdy and starting ###### with his buds, or something like that. everyone likes to paint the picture that he's some bad guy and got wasted at the bar and started throwing fists at everyone and everything.

i donno, i guess it's a pretty slow off-season, i just think people are over reacting to nothing. especially whoever likened him to Marshawn Lynch... lol please. the kid got suspended for a hit that honestly i dont even know would have earned a suspension in the NHL, and one little scuffle in the bar and you all raise questions about his maturity etc. Granted I don't follow much hockey outside the NHL, but unless you guys follow him in and out like the Sabres, I think you're all basing your opinions off what someone else said.

by the way here's the hit (and ensuing beatdown of the poor guy's team mate :thumbsup: ) he was suspended for, for those of you like me who hadn't seen it yet:

to me it looks like a fluke play. it looks like he was timing his hit, the puck took a crazy bounce straight up in the air, and more than anything else Kassian tried to avoid the collision and ends up hitting the dude high. just my take on it. charging, yes. 20 games suspension???

I guess I need to know if he won the fight...

My first thought as well.

No, that's not what does it.

Why the f*ck does Kassian have to become Marshawn?

What he said , ;)

But almost anyone who has done the bar scene for a length of time has been presented with the challenge. I do not know the particulars here but I do like the take no schitt attitude and agree that's what this team needs. This type of youthful vigorism just needs to be tempered with a little better judgement thats all. And speaking from experience it's pretty easy to get into a tussle w/canadians in a bar, they are little more of the old code throw a few punches and knock each other around and have a beer afterward vs knife you or shoot you outside the bar if you won.

What likely happened as often does with celebrities or those that are almost famous is that some wannabe saw a chance to make a name for himself by challenging Kassian and goading him on. Just speculation but we all know this happens with celebrities in drinking establishments. It happens with athletes from the N.F.L. and the N.B.A. on what seems like a daily basis and guns are quite often involved. It could be worse. He could have robbed a cabbie for chump change like Kane.

furthermore, i'd like to point that (at least in my opinion) beating up a taxi driver over a few cents or dollars is a LOT worse than getting in a fight at a bar, but i'm sure half of you would give your left testicle to see Kane in a sabres uniform. all that ASIDE from the fact we haven't heard the full story, who knows what really happened? maybe some other dudes there were getting rowdy and starting ###### with his buds, or something like that. everyone likes to paint the picture that he's some bad guy and got wasted at the bar and started throwing fists at everyone and everything.

i donno, i guess it's a pretty slow off-season, i just think people are over reacting to nothing. especially whoever likened him to Marshawn Lynch... lol please. the kid got suspended for a hit that honestly i dont even know would have earned a suspension in the NHL, and one little scuffle in the bar and you all raise questions about his maturity etc. Granted I don't follow much hockey outside the NHL, but unless you guys follow him in and out like the Sabres, I think you're all basing your opinions off what someone else said.

by the way here's the hit (and ensuing beatdown of the poor guy's team mate :thumbsup: ) he was suspended for, for those of you like me who hadn't seen it yet:

to me it looks like a fluke play. it looks like he was timing his hit, the puck took a crazy bounce straight up in the air, and more than anything else Kassian tried to avoid the collision and ends up hitting the dude high. just my take on it. charging, yes. 20 games suspension???

The guy I want on my team is Stanisz. Teammate enudres a questionable and late hit, and Stanisz tears the gloves off and goes after a bigger opponent with a well deserved reputation for fighting. More than a single tough guy, we need a team-wide attitude that says we stick up for one another.

The guy I want on my team is Stanisz. Teammate enudres a questionable and late hit, and Stanisz tears the gloves off and goes after a bigger opponent with a well deserved reputation for fighting. More than a single tough guy, we need a team-wide attitude that says we stick up for one another.

Well we all saw Stafford go after Chris Neil when he leveled Drury a few years ago. That didn't go so well for Stafford, and now everyone on the board is calling for his head (and i agree). I'd rather have the big guy.

Well we all saw Stafford go after Chris Neil when he leveled Drury a few years ago. That didn't go so well for Stafford, and now everyone on the board is calling for his head (and i agree). I'd rather have the big guy.

We want that guy who plays with passion when it's not required by circumstance. Mister Rodgers would have felt compelled to jump Neal. (I won't edit that sentence, but I managed to screw up both names!

We want that guy who plays with passion when it's not required by circumstance. Mister Rodgers would have felt compelled to jump Neal. (I won't edit that sentence, but I managed to screw up both names!

Well I guess that's true, but like I mentioned earlier, I don't really follow hockey outside of the NHL, so I have no idea who this kid is other than the guy Kassian beat up after laying out his team mate. But chances are you're gonna find that passion in any young player, the question is whether or not it lasts once he starts making cash. It seems like every year we call someone up from Portland and they generally have performed pretty well.. for the first few games haha.

Anyway my favorite wussy-gone-tough-guy moment is Connolly going after Parise after Parise tripped up Miller in one of his first games back from injury last year. The play looked almost identical to the one that Miller had been hurt on a month earlier, and Connolly went over and leveled Parise... then stood there with the biggest "well ###### now what do i do" look on his face. priceless.

Well I guess that's true, but like I mentioned earlier, I don't really follow hockey outside of the NHL, so I have no idea who this kid is other than the guy Kassian beat up after laying out his team mate. But chances are you're gonna find that passion in any young player, the question is whether or not it lasts once he starts making cash. It seems like every year we call someone up from Portland and they generally have performed pretty well.. for the first few games haha.

Anyway my favorite wussy-gone-tough-guy moment is Connolly going after Parise after Parise tripped up Miller in one of his first games back from injury last year. The play looked almost identical to the one that Miller had been hurt on a month earlier, and Connolly went over and leveled Parise... then stood there with the biggest "well ###### now what do i do" look on his face. priceless.

And could this have something to do with Lindy?

Does anyone remember how Roy and Pommer used to hustle when they were first called up?

Look at Kennedy and Ennis - That's how.

And could this have something to do with Lindy?

Does anyone remember how Roy and Pommer used to hustle when they were first called up?

Look at Kennedy and Ennis - That's how.

It could be Lindy, I can't really argue that. We've seen it time and time again. I don't feel like doing the research, but I'm guessing over 50% of the players called up to Buffalo for the first time since 2006/7 have scored points/goals in their first NHL game. How many times did a player come up and have a huge game, or even two or three really good games in a row, and make us all wonder if he was the missing piece? Then a few games down the road, or if they played well enough to earn a permanent spot, they start slacking. Could be once Lindy spends enough time with them they just aren't as enthused about it. Maybe I just have a terrible memory, but it seems to have happened a lot.

But that said, Pommer and Roy are also making 5+ mil a year. And you guys (not you specifically Kristian, i don't know everybody's stance individually) hate on Connolly's contract!

Archived