GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Which just evens up the score since there was already a star player out for the bad guys.

Hmm ... do we see Kennedy-Roy-Stafford or does somebody below (e.g., Torres) get a shot on that line?

Not sure when he said it, I think this morning, Ruff thought Connolly was still a bit slow from being out (maybe why he wasn't there for the pass). If I had to guess, he moves Connolly away from Pommers and puts him with Stafford.

Ennis-Connolly-Stafford

Kennedy-Roy-Pommer

Torres-Mair-Grier

Ellis-Gaustad-Kaleta

You might think that makes a slow line, but I see it as limiting both of their minutes and telling them to perform higher than usual when they are out there.

From Mike Harrington

"Stafford ... skating on a line with Ennis and Connolly.

Stafford is working on a power play unit right now with Derek Roy, Jason Pominville, Toni Lydman and Craig Rivet. The Buffalo captain is also a newcomer to the struggling unit, which is 0 for 9 in this series. The other PP unit is Connolly-Paul Gaustad-Tyler Ennis-Andrej Sekera-Tyler Myers."

++++++

Why is Ennis being punished? :)

So maybe the lines to start will look like:

Ennis-Connolly-Stafford

Kennedy-Roy-Pominville

Torres-Mair-Grier

Ellis-Gaustad-Kaleta

This is what playoffs is all about.. adversity.

If we can't pull it off in the next two games then it will confirm what we thought all along, that the team wasn't tough enough to win when it mattered the most.

If we come back to Buffalo still in the series and go on to win, then one hopes the boys learn something from the experience.

Go Sabres, show us a dominating road performance tonight! :death:

I think there are now only 8 occupied houses in Detroit proper. Everyone else is either foreclosed on or dead.

That means 1 family was watching it and one house left the TV on to keep the dog company while the owner went hooking.

Now that is funny. On a sidenote, I think this game falls on the Shoulders of Connolly and Gaustad...time to show up idiots

Did anyone get called up to replace Vanek? Mancari? Gerbe?

PTR

They should have never sent Gerbe down. He wouldn't be in the lineup tonight anyway, but they had burned a callup to keep him around, so they should have kept him with the team. They really aren't in a rush to call anyone up though. If by some chance they do need another body for game 4, the Pirates are bouncing between Portland and Manchester, so it's a quick ride into town.

Hi all! Back again from Iraq! Getting all of 2 hours' sleep and getting up at 2am to watch this on Versus on AFN (American Forces Network) TV. LET'S GO BUFF-A-LO!!! Feeling a weird one tonight, like Mair scores 2 in the win, or something like that. :pirate:

I look forward to reading everyone's comments during the game!

Torres needs to move up to one of the top two lines...you got the guy for a reason, now make him prove his worth....

I love this idea. I was waiting for Lindy to toss Torres with Roy and Kennedy in Game 2 instead of Grier. I think maybe one reason Torres isn't producing is because he's skating with Ellis and Mair, instead of playmakers.

Hi all! Back again from Iraq! Getting all of 2 hours' sleep and getting up at 2am to watch this on Versus on AFN (American Forces Network) TV. LET'S GO BUFF-A-LO!!! Feeling a weird one tonight, like Mair scores 2 in the win, or something like that. :pirate:

Welcome back and thanks!

Welcome back. You should sign up for the Tshirt give away. If you win, I want to see the shipping charges "at no charge to you" to Iraq. :lol:

They should have never sent Gerbe down. He wouldn't be in the lineup tonight anyway, but they had burned a callup to keep him around, so they should have kept him with the team. They really aren't in a rush to call anyone up though. If by some chance they do need another body for game 4, the Pirates are bouncing between Portland and Manchester, so it's a quick ride into town.

If I understand the call-up process correctly (and it's possible I don't), both Gerbe and Ennis were/are on 'emergency' call-ups due to injuries. As far as I'm aware, these don't count towards any call-up limitations in the postseason. So, barring any more injuries, if Vanek comes back, I believe Ennis has to be sent back to Portland OR he will then count as a call-up with the roster at full capacity.

This is what playoffs is all about.. adversity.

If we can't pull it off in the next two games then it will confirm what we thought all along, that the team wasn't tough enough to win when it mattered the most.

If we come back to Buffalo still in the series and go on to win, then one hopes the boys learn something from the experience.

Go Sabres, show us a dominating road performance tonight! :death:

...and just like that, my deepest, darkest fear is exposed. (Well, hockey fear, anyway.) Thanks.

Archived