GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

Now we'll see what these guys are made of. I'm thinking that Saturday's game was a blip. They were dominating till Vanek got hurt, then the wheels fell off. Now its a new game, a new day. I'm still confident that the Sabres will eventually win the series, but it starts again tonight. Win tonight and they're golden! Remember that the game is on Vs, which is great for HD, but bad for the announcers.

LETS GO BUFF-A-LO!!!

I really hate cliches, but this is truly "gut-check" time. While I want a win, I'll even be satisfied with a close, hard fought loss knowing the series still has a long way to go and Vanek may be back on Wednesday. Wait -- did I just type that? Go get 'em, Sabres!

How about a Miller shutout to turn the momentum back on the side of the blue and gold?

Guest Sloth

I understand the Sabres have been out hitting the Bruins, but Boston has been dictating play in this series. Buffalo has to step it up and show they are the better team tonight. Where has Connolly been? The guy has done nothing on the ice, except be on it when the Bruins light the lamp. Connolly has to get his game on. Anyone have an idea of what Lindy will do with the lines? Some type of shake up needs to made.

I really hate cliches, but this is truly "gut-check" time. While I want a win, I'll even be satisfied with a close, hard fought loss knowing the series still has a long way to go and Vanek may be back on Wednesday. Wait -- did I just type that? Go get 'em, Sabres!

How about a Miller shutout to turn the momentum back on the side of the blue and gold?

Yeah it would be nice if the dominant Miller and not just the good to very good Miller showed up.

Yeah it would be nice if the dominant Miller and not just the good to very good Miller showed up.

Just a good Miller would be okay if a completely asstastic Gray Cloud wasn't there. He was more responsible for two of those goals than Miller.

7:00pm

Now we'll see what these guys are made of. I'm thinking that Saturday's game was a blip. They were dominating till Vanek got hurt, then the wheels fell off. Now its a new game, a new day. I'm still confident that the Sabres will eventually win the series, but it starts again tonight. Win tonight and they're golden! Remember that the game is on Vs, which is great for HD, but bad for the announcers.

LETS GO BUFF-A-LO!!!

Is the a MSG or VS game?

THis game has double OT written all over it and Sabres have to come out on top. If they can get a win and have Vanek back by Wednesday, all is good in the world. I have Game 5 playoff jacket getting stitched up today (blue, yellow and white checkered linen sport coat with official chest patch (vintage) on the back and shoulder patch stitched on front chest pocket.................

Just a good Miller would be okay if a completely asstastic Gray Cloud wasn't there. He was more responsible for two of those goals than Miller.

That's a real stretch, especially on the first goal. Miller going for a nice skate was a bigger problem.

Tim Connolly, Paul Gaustad and a defenseman not named Myers or Tallinder need to show up tonight. The Sabres power play has stop looking so pathetic. They don't have any games against the Lightning coming up to pad their power play stats. They will have to get it going against a team with a good PK unit.

Tim Connolly, Paul Gaustad and a defenseman not named Myers or Tallinder need to show up tonight. The Sabres power play has stop looking so pathetic. They don't have any games against the Lightning coming up to pad their power play stats. They will have to get it going against a team with a good PK unit.

To me that starts with Roy and Connolly not turning the puck over with bad passes since they often handle the puck along the wall... and SHOOT THE PUCK!!! I'm looking at you Connolly after you passed it into Roy's skates when you had a wide open shot.

Lines I'd go with to start:

Ennis-Roy-Pominville

Torres-Gerbe-Kennedy

Mair-Connolly-Grier

Ellis-Gaustad-Kaleta

Then I'd also switch to:

Ennis-Roy-Pominville

Kennedy-Gerbe-Kaleta

Torres-Connolly-Grier

Ellis-Gaustad-Mair

Then I'd also switch to:

Ennis-Roy-Pominville

Torres-Connolly-Kennedy

Mair-Gaustad-Grier

Ellis-Gerbe-Kaleta

I think the biggest issue the Sabres have had in the series (and all year frankly) is not being able to clear out pucks from thier defensive zone. They seem to win some battles on the boards, but cannot pass it out of the zone before a giveaway. IMO, this is a MUCH bigger problem than the problem about the defensemen bringing the puck out of their zone across the blueline.

If the Sabres can remedy this and stop the damn turnovers with weak, ill-timed passes, they should be fine...

I think the biggest issue the Sabres have had in the series (and all year frankly) is not being able to clear out pucks from thier defensive zone. They seem to win some battles on the boards, but cannot pass it out of the zone before a giveaway. IMO, this is a MUCH bigger problem than the problem about the defensemen bringing the puck out of their zone across the blueline.

If the Sabres can remedy this and stop the damn turnovers with weak, ill-timed passes, they should be fine...

Agreed about the turnovers. The Sabres need to play much better in their own end. Montador has been getting a lot of minutes, but I think he is one of the biggest culprits.

I'll probably miss the first period (my daughter has swim lessons all this week). Here hoping these guys can put together a COMPLETE 60 min. game. Saturday was unacceptable. This team has no killer instinct. We need to have scoring from people other than Myers and Ellis. And for God sakes, please cut down on the turn-overs and lazy passes.

I looking for a more physical approach to tonight's game. On Saturday Boston literally beat us, by beating us up. I would also like to see Torres, at least on the 2nd line. I don't want Grier up any higher, because he has been looking slow. I'm hoping Saturday is not a true indication, of how The Sabres are going to be for the rest of The Playoffs.

I looking for a more physical approach to tonight's game. On Saturday Boston literally beat us, by beating us up. I would also like to see Torres, at least on the 2nd line. I don't want Grier up any higher, because he has been looking slow. I'm hoping Saturday is not a true indication, of how The Sabres are going to be for the rest of The Playoffs.

If it is, you won't have to worry about watching them play like that much longer.

Okay not officially a playoff series till you play one on the opponents ice.

Well we have a playoff series, tied 1-1, star player out for the good guy's, other's need to step up, play smart and play to win instead of not to lose.

I am surprised with the physical tone in this series that a lot here are clamoring for Gerbe to be called up, I for one think this series requires Mancari size assuming he does play to his size.

So for tonights game, this one is simple to me;

Move Torres into Vaneks slot and put Mancari in Torres spot. Use Mancari in front on PP where Vanek would normally play and please have the rest of the team show up and play with desperation. Bounces tend to come to the team that earns them.

No excuses if you can't get up for playoff hockey then you do not deserve to be there.

Go Buffalo.

star player out for the good guys

Which just evens up the score since there was already a star player out for the bad guys.

Stafford's playing.

Hmm ... do we see Kennedy-Roy-Stafford or does somebody below (e.g., Torres) get a shot on that line?

Archived