GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

wonderbread

According to Paul Hamilton, Chris Butler will be the odd-man out on defense tonight. I assume defensive pairings will be same as when Butler was out injured....

10/57

5/52

44/4

With Ottawa's recent woes, this is the time this team really needs to pick it up and make a separation. Ottawa is playing bad are very close a west coast Canada trip.

According to Paul Hamilton, Chris Butler will be the odd-man out on defense tonight. I assume defensive pairings will be same as when Butler was out injured....

10/57

5/52

44/4

With Ottawa's recent woes, this is the time this team really needs to pick it up and make a separation. Ottawa is playing bad are very close a west coast Canada trip.

Lindy's pet is being sat down? Unbelievable! To bad it didn't happen about 20 games ago. <_<

I heard this and I don't know how often they meet, but I hope that the last meeting wasn't prior to this 15 game nosedive? Since they are always together on the road, an impromptu meeting can be called pretty quick.

I wonder if Lindy is sticking to the format where all attendees MUST bring something to discuss to the table?

I reread the last sentence several times. I really wanted it to be a casserole joke. Alas, damn you LB.

Bernier scored two in the first period in his first game as a Sabre...

I'm going way back (and maybe showing my age) but we picked up someone in the mid-80s who scored in his first game with the team. Doug Smith maybe? It hurts my head to think back that far. :D

I'm going way back (and maybe showing my age) but we picked up someone in the mid-80s who scored in his first game with the team. Doug Smith maybe? It hurts my head to think back that far. :D

It was Doug Smith indeed.

Stu Barnes was just the opposite.

Bernier scored two in the first period in his first game as a Sabre...

...and then vanished into a puff of smoke. Torres doesn't need to score necessarily (it would be nice, though). What he does need to do is talk it up on the bench and get the other Marys involved in the game. Oh, and maybe Lindy should make each player chug three cans of Red Bull just before they take the ice.

Lindy's pet is being sat down? Unbelievable! To bad it didn't happen about 20 games ago. <_<

Pick your poison.

I'm a bit of a Sekera fan, but I don't know that I'm comfortable with him and Montador paired together. I don't think I realized how bad our blue line really is... FML. :(

It seems that most of us (myself included) care a lot more about these games than many of the players do. I will not watch tonight's game since I will be playing hockey myself. I will watch the highlights later on NHL On the Fly. If I like what I see, I may watch the next game; if I don't, I won't. This could be the start of a new way to cope with these sandbaggers. Gee, I feel better already!

If there is just one odd man rush for the Sabres tonight it will feel like a win for me. Next game we'll go for two...baby steps.

Didn't you catch the four on two that dissolved into nothingness? I think they get their share -- they are just so forgettable. The players end up in the corner, spinning around, like an electric football game.

By the way last weekend's Regional Division II ACHA Hockey tournament was a blast at the Danbury Ice Arena. Two teams with multiple Nathan Gerbes advanced to the finals in Simsbury, Ct at the end of March.... Montclair State out of NJ and Central Connecticut State University. The youngun's hustled and hit.

Archived