GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

wonderbread

First period in the books not too bad of an effort although I did see some spurts of scrambly play in our own end. I do not like these games where we out shoot the other team but not out chance them. In fact they may have had more quality chances.

I hope someones earlier statement of making backup scrub goalies look like Vezina winners is not prophetic.

Go Bflo let's get this one.

Was that a Rivet and Montador pairing I saw?

Yeah I saw Rivet's back when Richards waltzed past him. But Rivet gave him the whip.

But forget that. Did I see two ladies in the crowd wearing mustaches? I hope they were fake.

When you get the other player's in front of the net and they are playing the puck you have to knock them down. Thats a bad play of Meyer's

Bflo - PHL :bag:

As I type Vanek responds for Bflo off Leightons A$$ priceless

Bflo :beer: PHL :bag:

Maybe I'm a little pissed and jaded right now, but I am not seeing a whole lot from my couch that is different from what I saw live on Wednesday.

Babysteps brother. I am a bit leary too but they have to start somewhere. Honestly it will take a nice stretch of well played games to get me really feeling better about this team.

Guest Sloth

Babysteps brother. I am a bit leary too but they have to start somewhere. Honestly it will take a nice stretch of well played games to get me really feeling better about this team.

I didn't expet the Sabres to do well when they went out west, and I wasn't disappointed/surprised with their poor play. What did surprise me was the continued terrible play after the road trip out west. 3 wins in the last 15 games? You've got to be kidding me. 16 games ago I thought the Sabres were in good position to win their division. Man, I even had hopes they'd win the conference. I am now worried the Sabres will not make the playoffs. The Sabres have to win this game in regulation.

Yep.

My guess is that Lindy figures if you put that much stank on the ice at one time, they will cancel each other out, and somehow become competent.

I don't hate that pairing; in fact, I wish it had happened earlier. Stay-at-home D paired with offensive D is good. Ruff and Rivet had to train Butler, I get it, but Monty is a decent offensive D.

And the problem with this team has everything to do with the folks up front, and little to do with D, anyway.

I didn't expet the Sabres to do well when they went out west, and I wasn't disappointed/surprised with their poor play. What did surprise me was the continued terrible play after the road trip out west. 3 wins in the last 15 games? You've got to be kidding me. 16 games ago I thought the Sabres were in good position to win their division. Man, I even had hopes they'd win the conference. I am now worried the Sabres will not make the playoffs. The Sabres have to win this game in regulation.

True that with Phl currently right behind them in the standings this is like your 4 pt division game with the points you need and keep from the other team.

Maybe I'm a little pissed and jaded right now, but I am not seeing a whole lot from my couch that is different from what I saw live on Wednesday.

Same here. Mair, just before Vanek's goal, really had his legs moving as he skated into the Flyers zone and tried to disrupt a breakout. It was so noticeable, which made it so disturbing. Vanek scored and I was like, "That's nice."

That blood transfusion girl and her mother were cute.

Looked like a fan might need some blood after a puck went into the stands. Why the hell am I noticing so much sh*t in the crowd? You guys saw the Yeti sitting next to JFK, right?

Archived