Hockey Gold

Hawk

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Golden?

I think Russia will win, primarily because I think Brodeur has lost his mojo in crunch time, but will of course be rooting for the USA.

The question is will Stevie Y have the balls to sit Marty if he shows any lackluster play. A lot of pressure on Canada to win in Vancouver.

Russia all the way. They are so stacked - Ovechkin, Malkin, Kovalchuk, Semin, Gonchar, and Nabokov/Bryzgalov in goal. If they fail to medal, it will be because of Kalinin.

Too much pressure on Canada.

Team U.S.A. just doesnt look that great on paper. (outside of the net, of course).

Maybe the Swedes, but they seem to have slid a bit from their peak a few years ago.

Finland has wet-dream goaltending this year, but maybe not the horses up front.

Czechs will never win again sans Dominator.

Slovakia is looking like the dark horse - any team with Gaborik, Chara, and Hossa has a puncher's chance. Who knows, maybe Halak gets hot.

That's why Olympic hockey is so great. Any one of those teams could pull it off. I'm just bummed they are playing on NHL sized ice this year.

Hoping Canada will win gold, but clearly there are a number of worthy teams all close, good goal tending and a few bounces either way and any of Sweden,Russia,Finland,Canada,USA could easily win and not be a shock. Wanting Canada in my heart but think Russians will win.

Kind of wish we could somehow appreciate each competitor for their effort and skill and leave the nationalism out of it. Its a big world with many fine excellent people we might enjoy. Would be nice if sport might be used to draw us together, not reason for divisions. :)

The USA has been counted out for gold by critics already which makes them big underdogs. Now I really can't wait to watch and hope they can upset. They were mentioning last night that Team Canada decided to build their team out of veteran players who have had success in pressure situations, so it'll be interesting to see how that works out for them. The Women's teams play with a lot more chemistry because they've been skating together for a year or so now, so I'm hoping the USA finds some chemistry to beat the talent that the Russian and Canadian teams are stacked with. :pirate:

Head says Russia; Canada defense a little slow and Goalie situation doesn't look great going in(Brodeur, Luogo and Fluery all toasted in recent outings)

The Heart says USA, I am counting on strong goal tending and a team young enough not to realize the pressure and that uses's it speed and finds the chemistry to have fun and make some noise. USA,USA,USA....

Hasek won gold for the czechs. Miller can win gold for the USA. My heart says USA and my head won't bet against my heart. We have a solid defense, great goaltending and it's not like our forwards have never scored before.. CAnada and Russia, they're all star teams. Skill from top to bottom, they don't have the role players the USA does. Does that work? I don't know. But here's hoping. It's time to get some pride back for USA hockey.

Miller's already angry at the olympic committee over the helmet issue. I don't think it was a good idea to get him riled up. Now he'll really be raring to win.

Yeah, you don't wanna get Ryan angry. :thumbsup:

What's up with these jackass athletes who think rules don't apply to them?

Archived