Olympic Hockey Game Discussion Threads

Bmwolf21

I am also looking for a link to online viewing...atdhe.net doesn't have anything listed for it that I can see.

I'm surprised NBC doesn't have it streaming online. They claim to offer free streaming of all Olympic events but the website seems to be behind live tv. www.NBCOlympics.com I'll keep checking to see if they start a stream for it.

appears to be up now.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/hockey/resultsandschedules/match=IHM400A01/index.html

you may have to go through some registration stuff but it's free.

It was a nice shot, too. Great example of what can happen when a player just reacts and throws the puck at the net.

Yeah that was a laser by Ryan. After the first I thought the Swiss played pretty solid. Although they did have like 5 days of practicing together compared to 1 for the US. I expect the U.S. to pot a couple more here in the 2nd

3-0 after two.

Team USA looks pretty good so far. I know the Swiss aren't elite, but they're also not horrible and we've manhandled them pretty well in terms of puck possession and shots. Game could easily be 6-0.

One really good chance for the Swiss and they straight up missed the net. Miller hasn't been tested yet, but he's made all the saves.

Is anyone watching the Canada-Norway game? It honestly looks like Canada is playing a team with 20 Nathan Gerbe clones. With the standard NHL rink being used I don't see how you can argue that many of the teams in this tournament have a chance, not like it matters anyways.

Is anyone watching the Canada-Norway game? It honestly looks like Canada is playing a team with 20 Nathan Gerbe clones. With the standard NHL rink being used I don't see how you can argue that many of the teams in this tournament have a chance, not like it matters anyways.

I only saw a small part of it, and obviously, Canada dominated. But only after Norge hung in there for a period.

As for the rink comment, I think your last few words are it: it is so entertaining to watch the game on the bigger rink, but I think the same teams would contend, anyway.

Women dominating Russia right now. Woooo! :thumbsup:

13-0. This sport might not make it to 2014, and I hope it does.

BTW, funny that it's easier to get scores off of ESPN.com (which normally sux) than it is to get them off of TSN or the NBC or CTV sites.

13-0. This sport might not make it to 2014, and I hope it does.

BTW, funny that it's easier to get scores off of ESPN.com (which normally sux) than it is to get them off of TSN or the NBC or CTV sites.

I definitely think they need to keep Women's hockey around. It's a growing sport and will get more competitive as the years go on. It's gotten bigger at the college level and it'll only get better at the pro level. They've been talking a lot about how hard China is working, and while I think I could probably play net for them, at least the effort is there. They obviously don't have a comparable trophy like the Stanley Cup to compete for, so really, the Olympics are the biggest achievement Women players can strive for. It would set Women's hockey back years if they got rid of it.

Archived