1. 1. Pick a host

• Jay Leno
    • Conan O'Brien
    • David Letterman
    • Craig Ferguson
    • Jimmy Fallon
    • Jimmy Kimmel
    • other

I don't know if maybe I'm the only one following the whole dispute between NBC and Conan O'Brien, host (soon to be former) of the Tonight Show. I've been a strong Conan fan for many years and for the life of me can't understand why people care to watch the redundant "humor" of Jay Leno. In my opinion the guy hasn't been funny or relevant for a very long time and his shtick is utterly worn out.

Naturally, it is going to take people who didn't typically watch Conan, a while to get used to his witty, clever, tongue in cheek humor. Conan's style isn't for everyone, but it typically requires an ability to perceive sarcasm. I guess people who don't understand the Colbert Report or Monthy Python, probably don't like Conan O'Brien.

But even then, my issue isn't with who is funnier. It's with the fact that Jay Leno was supposed to retire. The man was done. Rather than usher in a new era of Tonight Show, NBC decided to keep the old windbag around. Apparently, Jay Leno is the man running NBC and he gets what he wants, which is the Tonight Show back.

You can have it Jay, you unfunny douche. I'll just go watch whatever network picks Conan up. Then when Leno retires again, we can all watch NBC float up sh*t creek without a candidate to take the Tonight Show over. Hell, I bet they CANCEL it.

I don't watch any of these shows. Leno isn't worn out; he never has been funny.

I like Stewart and Colbert, but I can't watch them in their live time slot, because they make me think too close to bedtime.

What time do you go to bed? :cry:

With the risk of making this a Kirk vs. Picard thread, I'm going with Letterman > Conan > Leno.

BTW, Kirk PWNES Picard.

Craig Ferguson is by far the funniest of them all. In fact, he is the only one I can watch at all.

Ferguson is the best of the bunch. Stewart is very good too.

Can still tolerate Leno (his standup routine prior to getting the Tonight Show was incredible, it's gone down the past few years). Letterman's show on NBC was great, but through the years he seems to have become Andy Rooney (a bitter old man).

Never cared for Conan. Haven't seen enough of the others to have an opinion.

Always liked Dennis Miller's shows the few times I got to see them and his Weekend Update was by far the best since the Dan Ackroyd, Jane Curtin, Bill Murray days. (Carrying tangent further: Norm MacDonald's WU's were pretty good as well.)

I'm with team CoCo. After him I like Ferguson and then Kimmel. Can't say I watch much TV, but when I do it's usually late at night. However, this past week I've been watching Conan, then Kimmel, and then Ferguson and switching back and forth as necessary.

Leno is simply not entertaining at all, as a matter of fact he reminds me of George Pataki with that vacant-behind-the-eyes look and demeanor. Letterman was always so-so. Stewart and Colbert are about as entertaining as Leno.

Always liked Dennis Miller's shows the few times I got to see them and his Weekend Update was by far the best since the Dan Ackroyd, Jane Curtin, Bill Murray days. (Carrying tangent further: Norm MacDonald's WU's were pretty good as well.)

I absolutely loved Norm McDonald on weekend update. There's just something about a guy who continues to push a joke after it bombs. The guy was an absolutely horrible actor and it showed in his delivery, but for some strange reason, it worked.

I absolutely loved Norm McDonald on weekend update. There's just something about a guy who continues to push a joke after it bombs. The guy was an absolutely horrible actor and it showed in his delivery, but for some strange reason, it worked.

If you wanna be a good SNL actor you have to make a bad joke look funny......... that's all SNL has nowadays is bad jokes, lol.

Riker was horrible! Sure, he was somewhat badass and banged Troi and lots of other hotts, but how many Enterprises did he end up destroying? </geek> :lol:

lol I don't actually think Riker is the best, he's just sort of become and internet gimmick lately because of his beard. Kirk was obviously the best.

lol I don't actually think Riker is the best, he's just sort of become and internet gimmick lately because of his beard. Kirk was obviously the best.

Riker's an internet gimmick now? Boy am I glad I don't know a thing about the internet anymore. It's all sabrespace and TSN for me now.

Ok, it's rather cool that we have people on sabrespace who know something about Star Trek. I'm a casual fan of the series, but I will admit I'm not a "trekie." As for the rankings, I'm with Kirk. Gotta go w/ the man that screamed, "Khhhhhaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn! After Kirk, I'd put Riker over Picard. Riker got the women, just like Kirk, and he delivered the arss kicking when it was needed. Picard only impressed me w/ his anger towards the borg.

Archived