1. 1. Pick a host

• Jay Leno
    • Conan O'Brien
    • David Letterman
    • Craig Ferguson
    • Jimmy Fallon
    • Jimmy Kimmel
    • other

Ok, it's rather cool that we have people on sabrespace who know something about Star Trek. I'm a casual fan of the series, but I will admit I'm not a "trekie." As for the rankings, I'm with Kirk. Gotta go w/ the man that screamed, "Khhhhhaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn! After Kirk, I'd put Riker over Picard. Riker got the women, just like Kirk, and he delivered the arss kicking when it was needed. Picard only impressed me w/ his anger towards the borg.

I watched the first three series avidly. They all had their moments. But Next Generation with the Borg had by far the best story lines.. The Borg is iconic. We use it in business to describe a personality or company type. What they did with the last movie was sheer genius. They can launch a whole new generation of the original.

Got to love message boards.. A thread on late night comedians derails into Star Trek. I could understand it if we took a right turn to Conan the Barbarian..

Ok, it's rather cool that we have people on sabrespace who know something about Star Trek. I'm a casual fan of the series, but I will admit I'm not a "trekie." As for the rankings, I'm with Kirk. Gotta go w/ the man that screamed, "Khhhhhaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn! After Kirk, I'd put Riker over Picard. Riker got the women, just like Kirk, and he delivered the arss kicking when it was needed. Picard only impressed me w/ his anger towards the borg.

Picard pulled plenty of tail too (not quite the same quality as Riker, but he was alot older) and delivered his fair share of a$$-kickings as well. And he didn't need facial hair (or head hair) to pull in the hotts, his brain power and British accent made them give up the goods. He also played a mean piccolo. I can't believe all this Riker love, he was basically Picard's b!tch.

This is my new favorite thread. :lol:

He bangs Shahna on Triskelion and has a green Batgirl all over him, and the best you can come up w/ is KHHHHAAAAANNNN? :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I absolutely loved Norm McDonald on weekend update. There's just something about a guy who continues to push a joke after it bombs. The guy was an absolutely horrible actor and it showed in his delivery, but for some strange reason, it worked.

It just goes to show you,.. Germans love David Hasselhoff.

1. Leno - I really enjoy his clever style of comedy and sketch bits. Strong all-around, and seems very at ease.

2. Kimmel - Loved him on The Man Show, and think he's naturally funny. I see no humor in the constant bits involving his idiot family.

3. Conan - Love/hate. I love his dead-pan humor, but hate his juvenile, awkward improvisations that make him look amateurish.

4. Ferguson - Bores me to tears. Can't make it through ten minutes.

5. Fallon - Like watching a train wreck. Sad and pathetic to see, really.

6. Letterman - Way too partisan politically, and not even remotely funny anymore. Bits are tired, he looks tired... can't stand him.

none of the above. After hockey, it's all about the Seinfeld reruns while I brush my teeth and get ready for bed. Can't stay up much later than that, gotta get the kids up too ###### early for school.

As far as captains go...When I was young KIRK was the man. Now I'm older, and when I think about it...KIRK is still the man :blush:

none of the above. After hockey, it's all about the Seinfeld reruns while I brush my teeth and get ready for bed. Can't stay up much later than that, gotta get the kids up too ###### early for school.

As far as captains go...When I was young KIRK was the man. Now I'm older, and when I think about it...KIRK is still the man :blush:

Kirk was a superhero. Then rest, mere mortals.

(...Picard's b!tch... :lol: )

i actually voted for kimmel - but it's all about personal preference. did anyone catch kimmel drop-kicking leno on leno's own program? (forward to the 2:58 mark.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FNmWFD4oWg

i think the leno/conan thing is strange and has more to do with nbc's dysfunction than anything else. that said, two things: (1) i thought bryan curtis's take on how conan was funny when he was at 12:30, but wound up with a super unfunny "split the stylistic difference" problem when he moved to 11:30 (see http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-01-13/good-riddance/?cid=hp:beastoriginalsC1 for the article) and (2) it's an epic fail on the part of conan's management team in failing to get a written commitment to the 11:30 time slot when they negotiated his contract to host the tonight show.

Mmmmm. Angelique Pettyjohn. Google image, safe search off.

oh, good heavens.

Archived