GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Interesting that Gerbe got the call before Ennis. Anyone here with with his finger on the pulse of the Pirates who can tell us how the little guy has been doing?

Nathan Gerbe, one point in his last 5 games.

Ennis no points in his last 5.

I guess Gerbe wins.

I just threw up.

Nathan Gerbe, one point in his last 5 games.

Ennis no points in his last 5.

I guess Gerbe wins.

I just threw up.

Wasn't the only reason Ennis got called up last time because Gerbe was out with concussion?

Gerbe would really have to be lights out tonight for him to get the call ahead of Ennis next time

Wasn't the only reason Ennis got called up last time because Gerbe was out with concussion?

Gerbe would really have to be lights out tonight for him to get the call ahead of Ennis next time

Definition: Lights out: To score more than any Sabre has in the past two games, or more than 1.

You are a beacon of light in these dark times.

That of course assumes you are referring to pitching and not catching.

Carry on.

Speaking of dark times, holy moly what a weather day. Here in northern PA, it snowed after midnight, then turned to freezing rain/sleet and then rain. It got almost pitch dark about 1:30 and we had a whale of a thunderstorm, followed by sunny skies for about an hour. Now the rain is turning back toward freezing rain, with heavy snow and strong winds expected later tonight and into tomorrow. Pretty cool if you're into weather.

Interesting that Gerbe got the call before Ennis. Anyone here with with his finger on the pulse of the Pirates who can tell us how the little guy has been doing?

Gerbe could fit into the USPS box so it was cheaper to bring him up.

lol, that's true.

the gerbe, roy stafford line appears to have real good chemistry.

much much better there from the Sabres.. compared to the pretend-effort against the Devils, this was eye-opening

Mair and Kaleta have been flying around, and it's getting infectious.. Gerbe's bouncing around like a hamster on 'roids, Stafford's thrown a few checks, Roy's backchecking was good, even Vanek's jumped in with a few good plays

it's not one-way traffic however, 11-11 SOGs, and they've missed a few blinders on open goals, and Miller's been his stellar self with a couple of great saves too.

i don't like the Caps much, but i really admire their side-to-side passing, creates excellent scoring chances.. in the past Miller's had problems dealing with that but he's really much better at it this season.

I love it when Myers falls all by himself. I laugh. After Miller pokechecks Ovechkin, that is.

Two huge saves by Miller before the Sabres made it 2-0.

Hey, Eleven, the building sounded very loud after Ovechkin took that diving penalty.

Rick's on his game too! "Call him Henrik! Call him Hank! Call him Tallinder! Call him goal scorer!"

Roby just emphasized the second syllable in "cremated." Vanek almost got creMATEd in front of the net.

Good stuff.

Someday I will figure this team out...

Play like crap against NJ, then come out and play very well against the Caps...clearly this team has the ability to play well when it puts its mind to it. Clearly they choose when and where to put their mind to it. Clearly this team still has some growing up to do regarding coming to play every night...they have been better at it than last year but IMHO its still a WIP...

A very fun game to watch so far. I wish they played like this when I go to games. :wallbash:

Looked like Pommers fanned on an open net shot.

Good game by Gerbe, Ellis, Vanek and the ENTIRE D so far. Tallinder showed every one of the forwards how to play offfense with his goal there.

Keep it up, boys, and get the win!

Archived