GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

As I sit here suffering from "rare, but serious side effects" of the seasonal influenza shot, I am reminded that the Sabres are about to suffer from "common and serious side effects" of losing. Time to right the ship. LETS GO BUFFALO!

edit: Flux Capacitor mishap.

7:00am

As I sit here suffering from "rare, but serious side effects" of the seasonal influenza shot, I am reminded that the Sabres are about to suffer from "common and serious side effects" of losing. Time to right the ship. LETS GO BUFFALO!

Caps going for their seventh straight.. we're just looking to get back to winning ways after that :bag: performance Monday

They'd better be up for it today, against arguably the best team in the league - even though it's no excuse, but a game against the Devils doesn't really set anyone's heart a-flutter.. but today, against that menace Ovie and his lot, gotta hit them hard, drive to the net, get shots on the goalie and mop up the rebounds.. game on!

Go Sabres!! :pirate:

7:00 AM start? What's the score, I can't find it anywhere.

Sabres have a very difficult November, they have to win the last two on this home stand. No excuse for playing so poorly against the Devils.

Sabres 4

Caps 3

Swelling of the throat?

I'll be interested to see if the Sabres can display any heart without Grier and Gaustad. Frankly I'm pessimistic.

Is losing always to be equated with a lack of heart (effort, passion, etc.)? I've said it many times myself. Interesting how we as a society view losing. A character flaw.

Is losing always to be equated with a lack of heart (effort, passion, etc.)? I've said it many times myself. Interesting how we as a society view losing. A character flaw.

Well, I think a team can play with heart and effort and still lose. That type of loss is not, IMHO, indicative of a character flaw and is greatly preferable to just mailing it in as they did vs. NJ.

Bartender, I'll have what he's drinking!

Make it 2!

Well, I think a team can play with heart and effort and still lose. That type of loss is not, IMHO, indicative of a character flaw and is greatly preferable to just mailing it in as they did vs. NJ.

A team can mail it in and still win. It happens a lot, but it doesn't bother too many fans. See 06-07.

I'm down here in DC for a few days and its interesting to listen to the true sports hacks down here. Last night on the local Comcast network (I was flipping through and saw a picture of Kaleta), the guys anchoring the 30 minute show were talking about whether or not the Caps should "Saber" Buffalo tonight because of Kaleta's hit. What was funny was how they quickly discounted Kaleta as dirty, but then went on to talk about how Ovechkin is just a hard playing, tough scorer who (this is honestly what they said) "never does a dirty hit, the league just overreacts to his aggressive play."

I know the sports media business is pretty much the bottom of the barrel, but at least the Buffalo media does not seem to be that delusional.

All said, I'd rather have Ovechkin on my team than play against him!

Archived