Ballard hits Vokoun with stick by mistake

nucci

I don't know what everyone is so upset about. We need more players to hold their goalie accountable when they give up goals. He should be wearing the 'C' after that. Maybe Valkoun will try harder next time. Nothing to see here.. Move on..

I don't know what everyone is so upset about. We need more players to hold their goalie accountable when they give up goals. He should be wearing the 'C' after that. Maybe Valkoun will try harder next time. Nothing to see here.. Move on..

I blame Darcy for trading him.

I also didn't see the second swing. I didn't notice it until the no hockey network called ESPN aired a replay of it. Ballard had to realize he didn't hit a post on his first swing. The guy should've been trying to help Vokoun as soon as he went down. Instead, Ballard skated off and watched from the other side of the rink. Loser... :thumbdown:

Clearly, Vokoun put himself into a position to get injured. You can't blame Ballard for that.

I thought Vokoun played that like a big baby. I'm not kidding. He got CLIPPED with the stick and got what? 2-3 stitches. He was thrashing around on the ice like my 11 year old after he smashes his knee on a dresser or something like that. AND THEN A STRETCHER!!!! Come on! Like a girl he was touching his ear and looking to see if there was blood.

I mean it sucks that he got hit an all, but that swing made it LOOK worse than the result actually was.

MAN UP!

But if you watch the video really closely, you'll notice that Vokoun falls in an awkward direction. It doesn't add up. There had to be a second stick swinger hiding in the blue paint.

He did fall back and to the left. Next step is to form the Bettman Commission who will say that Vokoun's injury resulted from the "magic puck". It bounced off Vokoun's pads, hit him in the head and then made the back of the net bulge before coming to rest. (And, less than 3 grams of rubber was missing from the puck!)

F. Lee Harvey Ballard

I thought Vokoun played that like a big baby. I'm not kidding. He got CLIPPED with the stick and got what? 2-3 stitches. He was thrashing around on the ice like my 11 year old after he smashes his knee on a dresser or something like that. AND THEN A STRETCHER!!!! Come on! Like a girl he was touching his ear and looking to see if there was blood.

I mean it sucks that he got hit an all, but that swing made it LOOK worse than the result actually was.

MAN UP!

He was trying to draw a penalty.

Archived