Who the heck writes this schedule?

silvermike

I have no idea, but maybe they should find another line of work?

Some teams will have 4 games played as the Sabres hit game 2...awful.

Yup, and we get to play catchup in games throughout February and March :doh:

And every year, The Rangers seem to hit 16-18 games, with the rest of the eastern conference averaging 12.

Who was it last season that played a game, then had 4 days off, played another, then 6 days off? The Sens?

I have pimped this before but...

All NHL teams should be playing two games every weekend of the season.

Either:

Friday and Saturday,

Saturday and Sunday, or

Friday and Sunday.

There should be a weeknight devoted to play for the majority of teams.

Mondays would work folowing the NFL regular season.

anybody remember ESPN's broadcasts of 'National Hockey Night'?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Hockey_Night

Over the course of the season, holidays and daytime weekday holiday games/ broadcasts could be played.

Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and Day, MLK Day, Presidents Day, Easter, etc...

Less meaningless games played on nights (ahem...Phoenix here Thursday!!)

They definitely do not do themselves any favors.

Now, where is that "garage league/ blockheads" post?

Nothing to get the fanbase pumped for hte start of the season like a week off followed by a game against Phoenix. Ugh. The league should begin each season with a series of home-and-homes in-division for all 30 teams.

Don't you mean...."Nothing to get the fanbase pumped for hte start of the season like a week off followed by a loss against Phoenix. Ugh."

Don't you mean...."Nothing to get the fanbase pumped for hte start of the season like a week off followed by a loss against Phoenix. Ugh."

For those not living close enough to Canada....don't forget, CBC needs to have at least two games (one early, one late) and usually three featuring Canadian teams on Saturday night for Hockey Night in Canada. I'm sure that affects the NHL schedule for everyone else...

I wrote the schedule.

and I double checked it. So there. I had to make some changes. For example a monday night game wouldn't due as I had my pampered chef party. Wednesday night this week either as I had dance class.

Friday Pilates so Thursday just worked.

and I double checked it. So there. I had to make some changes. For example a monday night game wouldn't due as I had my pampered chef party. Wednesday night this week either as I had dance class.

Friday Pilates so Thursday just worked.

Well that and JP Losman makes his UFL debut on thursday. We can't have anyone in Buffalo watching that.

These 4 off days are really unfortunate. The strong opinions were really flowing after the season opener and now every one has calmed down...well most of us, that is. :lol:

I still have a strong opinion but it's more about the amount of HW I have in my last year of this college than anything else.

Although I'm going to the Phoenix game. YAY.

FWIW, Ruff said Lydman should be good to go. I wonder who sits?

I guess not on Lydman, “Toni is not doing as well as we hoped,” Ruff said. “He had progressed to a point but still isn’t where he thinks he’d be able to play. Unless things change tomorrow, he’s doubtful. If u get a chance to watch his vid on sabtv he's pretty funny.

Mair may make the team but not play because they'd be at 23 players still, but no roster spot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got a look at the competition for December:

Ottawa twice

Capitals

Rangers twice

Penguins twice

Blues

Leafs twice

Blackhawks

Canadiens

Devils

Should be interesting to see what the record will be after that run...

I just got a look at the competition for December:

Ottawa twice

Capitals

Rangers twice

Penguins twice

Blues

Leafs twice

Blackhawks

Canadiens

Devils

Should be interesting to see what the record will be after that run...

What I'm worried about is the long holiday homestand coming up -- tough foes. But I'd be worried if it was Carolina and the Leafs over and over.

What I'm worried about is the long holiday homestand coming up -- tough foes. But I'd be worried if it was Carolina and the Leafs over and over.

That's true, cos we do seem to play better against better foes.. and forget the lunchpail against the bottom dwellers.

Archived