Would you buy season tickets?

PromoTheRobot

Would you buy season tickets?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Money aside, you'd you buy Sabres season tickets?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe a mini-pack

This poll is especially directed at Blue & Gold Club members. My number came up and I have the chance to buy seasons. On one hand I feel like this team should not be rewarded with my $$$ support. On the other hand if they do ever get it right it will be too late for me to get them. WHat are your thoughts?

PTR

If money was no object I wouldn't buy season tickets unless there were some major changes between now and the start of the season. A little tweak here and there and hoping players play better is not he recipe for getting this team into the playoffs. After seeing this team do very little the past two off-seasons followed up by a third? It would be like buying tickets for a movie you already saw and didn't like.

Tough call. It's kind of like voting. The right to vote is one of our greatest individual rights, but the reality is that your single vote really doesn't matter. In nearly 100% of cases, your one vote will not change things, no matter who you vote for. Same here. Whether or not you buy seasons tickets likely won't change anything for the Sabres either. 94.995% will still be reported as 95% renewal rate and they will likely recover most, if not all, of the money from that marginal (not a measure of how good it is, but instead that it is "on the margin") seat through individual ticket sales. So, really it's just a question of whether it is worth your money to you or not. Unfortunately, this individual versus aggregate effect is one of the biggest problems in both the voting system and in mediocre franchise management.

All that said, if I had the money, I'd probably buy.

Tough call. It's kind of like voting. The right to vote is one of our greatest individual rights, but the reality is that your single vote really doesn't matter. In nearly 100% of cases, your one vote will not change things, no matter who you vote for. Same here. Whether or not you buy seasons tickets likely won't change anything for the Sabres either. 94.995% will still be reported as 95% renewal rate and they will likely recover most, if not all, of the money from that marginal (not a measure of how good it is, but instead that it is "on the margin") seat through individual ticket sales. So, really it's just a question of whether it is worth your money to you or not. Unfortunately, this individual versus aggregate effect is one of the biggest problems in both the voting system and in mediocre franchise management.

All that said, if I had the money, I'd probably buy.

I've never wanted to give you a wedgie more. Atomic, even.

I love hockey so if I had the money I would buy, even if it was only to see some of the other teams/players who play great hockey.

I'd buy em for sure. I am just another sheep. Hey by the way who wants to talk about John and Kate getting divorced... :wallbash:

To each his own I guess, I can't deny it has been a frustrating two years. But if it was me I would get them and not even think about it. If I didn't I would feel like a fair-weather bandwagon fan. It's frustrating as hell but they are competitive if not what we all think they should be. If you were paying to watch them go 10-28-3 at home, maybe I could understand. But odds are they will win more than they lose and be in the playoff race at the very least.

I understand those who say that supporting them will just make it less likely things will ever change, but some things are not bound by logic ... it's part of the equation, at some point it is also an emotional decision. I am attached to the team and "support" them even if I disagree with some of the things they do. I know when they suck, I don't go into every season thinking they will win the Stanley Cup. But that doesn't mean they are not worthy of my support.

Again, all this is IF IT WAS ME. Everyone is different and I would not think you are a fair-weather fan if you passed ... OK, maybe a little ;)

I've hit the point where I'm watching the game as much as, if not more than I am the team. If I was still in Buffalo, that price would be next to impossible to pass up. Hell, I could get decent seats at about the same per game price as I'm paying for BU season tickets right now. Up until this year, I've been paying that for some pretty poor hockey, but I wouldn't even think about not buying if I had the chance to go back and change things.

TIf you were paying to watch them go 10-28-3 at home, maybe I could understand. But odds are they will win more than they lose...

Unless you are me and the Sabres had a record of like 2-10(or somehting like that) when I was at the arena last year. :angry: :angry:

What level seats would you be buying? Between gas, tickets, and lodging, not to mention the extra sauce I drink when I'm back there, I probably pay more than some of the lower packages traveling back to Buff for only four games. I'd do it if I could.

Buy 'em. Just make sure they're decent seats in the section you want. If they aren't, buy them anyway and get on the list to exchange with someone else. I'm keeping mine, if only to yell "Daaaar-ceeee" up to his pressbox.

Games are fun, win or lose. Granted, much more fun when winning.

I bought 'em. Sec 314 nosebleeds but is there really a bad seat at HSBC? I live near Boston so I won't be going to more than a few games. I'll be sharing them with friends and family. Now make the playoffs so I can see them!

PTR

Congrats on being right below Regier's box. :thumbsup:

This happened to me last season. I was splitting seasons 4 ways since the Arena opened. I signed up for B&G to buy playoff tickets. Even though I live in Maryland I've always wanted season tickets. I figured that I could give some away as Christmas presents, sell some to friends, and sell the rest on StubHub. With all that I broke even for the year. The access to playoff tickets was a huge motivation and I'm trying to move back. If you can front the money I say go fo it. They can't always suck, right?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived