Do you remember...

wonderbread

Yeah I remember it, just like the first time I got kicked in the nut's. ;)

Seriously. As a displaced Buffalonian I found it surfing the web looking for Sabre web radio stations. I read for awhile and found it insightful , entertaining and little intimidating before I finally posted myself. The regulars pretty much ignored me for awhile before I got some replies to my commentary's, ,,,come to think of it.. they still pretty much ignore me.. :rolleyes: but I'm hooked and find I need to regularly check in and keep up with what's happening.... Nasty little habit..

It was soon after I moved back to Buffalo, and discovered that my new ISP didn't have usenet, or at least didn't have it in a form that was easy enough for the computer-illiterate folks like me to use. I used to like alt.sports.hockey.nhl.buffalo-sabres or whatever it was. So, I did a search, and now I like this. But I do miss the cross-posting among fans of different teams.

I was a very active member on the sabres.com forums when that forum was hit with a hacker. Sabres forums went dead for a few days and i started to search around and found this place. When the Sabres returned it's forums, it was the most bootleg forum ever. I'm not sure if anyone remembers but it was a mess. I stayed on it for a few more weeks while reading this forum and then i made the jump full-time and been here almost daily since. lol

I said to myself '"Who would open such a Nexus of Evil? Why would someone keep this Hellmouth open, this Gateway to the far reaches of people's minds, where all that is Pain and all that is Dark is stored?"

Sorry, my bad, that's what I said when I found TSW. I found the Sabrespace link there.

I think I was bored and screwing around one day. That was back when I lived in the dorms on campus. I think I just googled Sabres Forum to see if I could find a good one. I picked right and now I can't leave.

My first memory was that inkman was an angry dude. he was a post back then.

My first memory was that inkman was an angry dude. he was a post back then.

Not sure if I'm more angry or less angry. I was swimming in beer this weekend, and then came the shots, check please.

p.s. Now I'm just a man . :thumbsup:

It was soon after I moved back to Buffalo, and discovered that my new ISP didn't have usenet, or at least didn't have it in a form that was easy enough for the computer-illiterate folks like me to use. I used to like alt.sports.hockey.nhl.buffalo-sabres or whatever it was. So, I did a search, and now I like this. But I do miss the cross-posting among fans of different teams.

I had heard you were a cross-poster.

SDS should come out of his underground bunker near Camp David and give us a good timeline. Of course all this wasn't known as SabreSpace until relatively recently.

The end of the lockout plus boredom here at work brought me to this place. I got the Sabre Report (that was the name, right?) link through TSW. I think the most entertaining part was watching deluca transform from mr. negativity to a very positive "I love all things Sabres" type, then right back to what he is today. Well, that and PA's constant battles with dementia.

The end of the lockout plus boredom here at work brought me to this place. I got the Sabre Report (that was the name, right?) link through TSW. I think the most entertaining part was watching deluca transform from mr. negativity to a very postiive "I love all things Sabres" type, then right back to what he is today. Well, that and PA's constant battles with dementia.

I am pretty sure thats how I originally found it thru a like on the Sabres website. I do know that I lurked for a while almost a year before I actually signed in and created an account. I also know that when I started all you fools seemed so knowledgeable...now not so much. :chris:

The end of the lockout plus boredom here at work brought me to this place. I got the Sabre Report (that was the name, right?) link through TSW. I think the most entertaining part was watching deluca transform from mr. negativity to a very postiive "I love all things Sabres" type, then right back to what he is today. Well, that and PA's constant battles with dementia.

If it were you in these diapers, it wouldn't be funny at allllllll.

Yeah I remember it, just like the first time I got kicked in the nut's. ;)

Seriously. As a displaced Buffalonian I found it surfing the web looking for Sabre web radio stations. I read for awhile and found it insightful , entertaining and little intimidating before I finally posted myself. The regulars pretty much ignored me for awhile before I got some replies to my commentary's, ,,,come to think of it.. they still pretty much ignore me.. :rolleyes: but I'm hooked and find I need to regularly check in and keep up with what's happening.... Nasty little habit..

It really is, isn't it?

This is a phenomenon that hasn't received enough attention or analysis. I wonder what the next phase will be?

As for what brought me here -- obviously being a long-time Sabres fan looking for good hockey talk. The great run of 2005-06, followed by the offseason in the summer of 2006 (we had a bunch of FAs and nobody knew how much OSP would be prepared to spend to keep the team together -- it's hard to remember now in light of all of the blunders, but he stepped up and spent more than any of us expected that summer to keep it going), got me committed for good. Now I can't let go.

I used to post a bunch over at sabresfans.com years ago and would just check in over here and other places. But as they say - the cream rises to the top so now I really only need to come here to get all the info.

The end of the lockout plus boredom here at work brought me to this place. I got the Sabre Report (that was the name, right?) link through TSW. I think the most entertaining part was watching deluca transform from mr. negativity to a very positive "I love all things Sabres" type, then right back to what he is today. Well, that and PA's constant battles with dementia.
It really is, isn't it?

This is a phenomenon that hasn't received enough attention or analysis. I wonder what the next phase will be?

Just what we need, another thread about deluca. ;)

I found it through Two Bills Drive. As a displaced WNYer, I'm thrilled this and TBD exist. :thumbsup:

Same for me....

Not being around fans of my favorite team is annoying. My best friend is a Wings fan, and everyone else here doesn't watch Hockey (losers), so being able to interact with people here has been a great release.

I'm a member of a few other forums, and while the entertainment is great, the group here on this site is in a class of it's own! Knowledgeable and respectful but with some great humor, it's a perfect mix! I greatly enjoy visiting and reading this site. Now if only the team could get their sh!t together, maybe we could enjoy it a little more!!

Archived