GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Montreal and Florida both won last night. We are quickly running out of air. However, I am positive that maybe they can do this. I will watch every game I can regardless if they make it or not, though. Let romp the Leafs tonight and keep it rolling!!!!!

alright. I had a gf this year, things went wrong...i hate her, she hates me. she loves the leafs...i am a sabres fan. so far, since we broke apart, the sabres have kicked the leafs . i work friday nights in a busy bar, and this horrid wretch comes in every friday and sits right in front of me as I work.

I don't give a crap if the sabres make the playoffs or not...since the chances are slim that they will. i ask this though. WIN THIS FREAKIN GAME!!!! sometimes, even if yer team misses the playoffs, there are little victories throughout the year that make you proud to cheer for that team. for me, this is one of those occasions. Just win this mutha-freakin game boys. puh-lease, win this game.

Sabres have had a total of 14 back-to-back series this season, and they play 3 more of these...including this weekend vs. Toronto/Montreal. Here are the results so far:

4 points collected ZERO times.

3 points collected 3 times.

2 points collected 7 times.

1 point collected 1 time.

0 points collected 3 times.

So if any of you are somehow expecting two wins this weekend from this gutless squad of underachievers, think again...

By the way, the Buffalo Bandits play the NY Titans this Saturday night, 7:30, at HSBC. If you want to see a real pro team with a real chance of winning a league championship, go cheer for the B's! Whose house? STEENHUIS :w00t: !

Maybe it's not Montreal we have to catch.....Rangers???? We have two games in hand on them. If we win our next two, that puts us at 80 and Rangers at 85. Their schedule is just brutal from here on out. Losing a 4-1 lead to Atlanta last night killed them. Just saying.......we win tonight and tomorrow and we are 5 behind NY & Mont. Must win BOTH to even consider scoreboard watching.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo

Maybe it's not Montreal we have to catch.....Rangers???? We have two games in hand on them. If we win our next two, that puts us at 80 and Rangers at 85. Their schedule is just brutal from here on out. Losing a 4-1 lead to Atlanta last night killed them. Just saying.......we win tonight and tomorrow and we are 5 behind NY & Mont. Must win BOTH to even consider scoreboard watching.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo

They will only be three behind Montreal.

Put me in the idiot box, as I keep watchin em as well. Goes beyond that, even was watching the Montrael game last night. WHY do i do this????? Of course Tampa has to get two in the third and really raise my hopes, then lose in OT.

Go Sabres, win the two this weekend and get some semblance of pride back.

Did you see the Sabres April schedule including WAS, NJ, DET, CAR & BOS?

Exactly why the rest of the NHL will be scared to death to have to play the Sabres when they go undefeated the rest of the season and lock up the...oh who am I trying to kid... Just give me something to look forward to for next year, please? And Go Orange!

Put me in the idiot box, as I keep watchin em as well. Goes beyond that, even was watching the Montrael game last night. WHY do i do this????? Of course Tampa has to get two in the third and really raise my hopes, then lose in OT.

Go Sabres, win the two this weekend and get some semblance of pride back.

This is what I'm hoping for. I do not see them making the playoffs but either way finishing the season on a strong note is always a good thing - take it one game at a time, but these two theoretically keep their hopes alive.

Guest Sloth

I know the pre-game talk has been repetitive, but tonight is a playoff game for the Sabres. It's do or die time. I'll be slamming a beer every time Buffalo scores. I hope I get a really good buzz tonight. :beer:

This is what I'm hoping for. I do not see them making the playoffs but either way finishing the season on a strong note is always a good thing - take it one game at a time, but these two theoretically keep their hopes alive.

I would normally agree, but we all know finishing strong will just affirm Larry and Darcy in their belief that this team is good enough to make the playoffs, if "this and this and this hadn't happened". :wallbash:

Either we run the table, or we enter free-fall mode.

Finishing strong only to miss the playoffs is the worst possible scenario.

Overall, I'm pleased with the first. I didn't like that Toronto played most of the period in the Sabres end and controlling the shot count, but if watch carefully, they aren't getting many great shots on goal. So, I like the way the Sabres are playing defensively and they are blocking a ton of shots. Two good goals and great to see Hecht get one. If he can get it done now, I'll forgive the awful season he's having. I'd like to see the Sabres have more time in the Toronto zone and get more shots on goal. Overall, I like the period, we just need to keep it up and play more in their zone.

Miller has looked really good and his glove hand is lightning fast tonight. PA, seriously, the dude's a good goalie. Now watch him give up 3 softies and get Toronto back in the game just as I say it.

I would normally agree, but we all know finishing strong will just affirm Larry and Darcy in their belief that this team is good enough to make the playoffs, if "this and this and this hadn't happened". :wallbash:

Either we run the table, or we enter free-fall mode.

Finishing strong only to miss the playoffs is the worst possible scenario.

I can't say I haven't thought the same thing. On principle I always want to see them win, but if the FO just does more of the same we will indeed be in for more of the same.

Archived