3 and half hour meeting?

deluca67

>>Maxim Afinogenov skated on a line with Tim Connolly and Ales Kotalik.

I guess that is a good indication that Connolly will be traded. ;)

Can we call that the trade line? If all three were gone on Wednesday, I wouldn't be upset at all (assuming, of course, that some other center is brought into the system, otherwise Timmy should probably stay.)

Edit: apparently somebody beat me to it ...

They called it "The Trade line" Max-Connolly-Kotalik.

(From the Max thread.)

It wasn't actually a meeting. Lindy just walked in with an overhead projector and put up this slide:

Safe:

Miller,Vanek,Gaustad

Safe for now:

Roy, Stafford, Butler, Rivet, Sekera

Willing to trade:

Connolly, Pominville, Paille, MacArthur, Paetsch, Ellis

Trying to Trade:

Afinogenov, Tallinder, Lydman, Hecht, Kotalik, Peters

Then proceeded to try to get everyone to STFU for an hour. Then fielded questions from the players for the next 2 1/2 hours as to why they were where they were listed.

Maxim Afinogenov skated on a line with Tim Connolly and Ales Kotalik.

Waste of a line. Kotalik is basically slap shot on skates, unable to do anything else but boom the puck. Max is a pair of legs with no head. Connolly is playmaker with no one to pass the puck to on this line...

Vanek was on a line with Derek Roy and Drew Stafford.

Heh. They had success early in the season, but I'd rather see Vanek paired with Connolly. Those two were tearing it up before Vanek got injured. Roy is in a terrible slump as of late, just making bad plays left and right.

Paul Gaustad skated with Jochen Hecht and Jason Pominville.

This line has never had great success. I feel this is a line that just aims to punish Pommers, forcing him to be a grinder. However, its a solid grind line and will play responsibly.

Matt Ellis centered Dan Paille and Pat Kaleta.

Like this line. Lots of energy.

Honestly, I'd like to see what Paille could do placed in a top two line.

Im sincerely hoping that this organization is looking to move Kotalik at the deadline, and that's why they've placed him in one of the top two lines for the past two weeks. He is a lazy player and liability whenever he is on the ice(five on five/four on four). With his size and strength, he should be a monster power forward/sniper, but he is an underachiever and has a very lazy pair of legs.

I'd rather see Paille given the opportunity to play with Connolly. Let Kotalik throw his body around with Kaleta and Ellis on the 4th line.

Lets have a meeting to discuss whats wrong :censored: like you don't know what's missing. :wallbash: You have all been playing hockey since midget or bantam and you need a meeting to discuss whats wrong. :chris:

I am so tired of these Bull #%^$#! charade excuses. If you don't know how to play with Heart, determination, like it's a job that you should be really thankful you have and be willing to give it all you got when your at work then No amount of frigging meetings is ever going to drill it into this bunch of lunkhead losers heads. :death:

Just watch some of the other playoff teams passing and/or catching you, you a$$clowns it's called "Give a #%^$#!", "Play with some passion", Allot of you are getting paid millions to "Play a Game" your supposed to care about....... What is there to figure out. :bag: ARghhhhhhhhhhh....

Somewhere in a sabres meeting room, Spach; woulda you think's wrong, I dunno coach maybe da pigeon bad luck, Hank any idea's; yeah lets a get a room after the game with some groupies, Sausage what you got to say; Maybe the whole team just needs a little tug and roll coach, Staf; coach I'm working on this really boss song that when done will just pump this team up, uhh though we can't finish it w/o Millsie, Craig your pretty new what you think; What did I do to deserve this, I meant we don't deserve this coach we need to try harder, Loods any thoughts; Yeah the das boot European tour starts 4/09 so if we keep it up we'll only miss the first couple of shows, Skill what you thinking, gee coach I thought I was playing fine, Vanek and me got this deal that we would tell each other honestly if our games weren't up to snuff, Timmay you know his mouth has been wired shut for 3 plus weeks right?, Ohhhh I thought he was a quieter than usual, and the saga continues, ................... return next week when we'll hear; Hey Pommers that stick looks like a shillelag, it is coach I got it from a lepruchan, who said it would break my scoring drought. Ah ain't it great to be Irish.

It wasn't actually a meeting. Lindy just walked in with an overhead projector and put up this slide:

Safe:

Miller,Vanek,Gaustad

Safe for now:

Willing to trade:

Trying to Trade:

Then proceeded to try to get everyone to STFU for an hour. Then fielded questions from the players for the next 2 1/2 hours as to why they were where they were listed.

Common, Ellis is safe for now, he has played alright for a waiver pickup and a fill in guy. I like putting him on a line with the guy he shares a homtown with, Paille.

Also, Peters is not on the Trying to trade list, Peters has no value in a trade, and plays like how he's played. He hasn't played any worse then he has in the past, although i know that everyone wants him gone for anything cause apparently they can find someone twice as good for his salary and willing to sit in the Press box most nights and be willing to go out as apunching bag when needed

Safe:

Miller,Vanek,Gaustad

Safe for now:

Willing to trade:

Trying to Trade:

Where's Kaleta and Spacek???

Lets have a meeting to discuss whats wrong :censored: like you don't know what's missing. :wallbash: You have all been playing hockey since midget or bantam and you need a meeting to discuss whats wrong. :chris:

I am so tired of these Bull #%^$#! charade excuses. If you don't know how to play with Heart, determination, like it's a job that you should be really thankful you have and be willing to give it all you got when your at work then No amount of frigging meetings is ever going to drill it into this bunch of lunkhead losers heads. :death:

Just watch some of the other playoff teams passing and/or catching you, you a$clowns it's called "Give a #%^$#!", "Play with some passion", Allot of you are getting paid millions to "Play a Game" your supposed to care about....... What is there to figure out. :bag: ARghhhhhhhhhhh....

Somewhere in a sabres meeting room, Spach; woulda you think's wrong, I dunno coach maybe da pigeon bad luck, Hank any idea's; yeah lets a get a room after the game with some groupies, Sausage what you got to say; Maybe the whole team just needs a little tug and roll coach, Staf; coach I'm working on this really boss song that when done will just pump this team up, uhh though we can't finish it w/o Millsie, Craig your pretty new what you think; What did I do to deserve this, I meant we don't deserve this coach we need to try harder, Loods any thoughts; Yeah the das boot European tour starts 4/09 so if we keep it up we'll only miss the first couple of shows, Skill what you thinking, gee coach I thought I was playing fine, Vanek and me got this deal that we would tell each other honestly if our games weren't up to snuff, Timmay you know his mouth has been wired shut for 3 plus weeks right?, Ohhhh I thought he was a quieter than usual, and the saga continues, ................... return next week when we'll hear; Hey Pommers that stick looks like a shillelag, it is coach I got it from a lepruchan, who said it would break my scoring drought. Ah ain't it great to be Irish.

It took me a while to warm up to old Duds here, but he (or she) is a treasure! Now let's bury him (or her). Just kidding.

I apologize in advance for not reading every post in this thread. But I am pretty sure no one will have said this, because I am usually on Grand Island with Wilson the soccer ball when it comes to Ruff. Ruff continues to remind me of the parent who can't discipline his kids. "Punishing" professional athletes for poor performance with long meetings and practice is a joooooke. It says a lot more about Ruff's performance than anyone else's. I'll leave it at that for now.

Ruff continues to remind me of the parent who can't discipline his kids. "Punishing" professional athletes for poor performance with long meetings and practice is a joooooke. It says a lot more about Ruff's performance than anyone else's. I'll leave it at that for now.

in fairness to lindy, he's not a parent so much as he's the director of -- what -- a group home of some kind? and there's this bureaucrat above him who chooses the kids that get sent to the home and those that can't be sent away, and he has to make do with the hand he's dealt. i think he does a good (sometimes great) job with the hand he's dealt. i also endorse the upshot of dudly's rant and echo (again) the post that someone had yesterday to the effect that what we have is a roster stocked with talented followers (a lot of the "same guys") who need a(nother) daddy/whip/sergeant at arms on the team to lead the way -- rivet can't do it alone.

What more can Lindy do? What would a new coach be able to do? Lindy benches players, cuts down ice time and sits players. What else can he really do? The players know the Sabres are in no position to have healthy multimillion dollar players sitting int he press box. The players know that many of the players in Portland are not ready to take their jobs. Lindy yells and puts the players through tough practices. The next step has to come from the GM. They have to start sending the slackers on this team packing.

It took me a while to warm up to old Duds here, but he (or she) is a treasure! Now let's bury him (or her). Just kidding.

I apologize in advance for not reading every post in this thread. But I am pretty sure no one will have said this, because I am usually on Grand Island with Wilson the soccer ball when it comes to Ruff. Ruff continues to remind me of the parent who can't discipline his kids. "Punishing" professional athletes for poor performance with long meetings and practice is a joooooke. It says a lot more about Ruff's performance than anyone else's. I'll leave it at that for now.

:lol: No offense taken i'm the first to admit I get carried away in my own thoughts.... anywho what you are saying has some truth to it. At some point you have to hold the coach accountable for how ready his players are.... for example I read in the Pittsburg Post Gazette today a good story on the coaching change in Pgh......Linky

For those w/o enough time to read link here's a little excerpt..... Circumstantial evidence suggests the coaching change the team made seven games and 16 days ago was just what the players needed or wanted, that perhaps a dislike for former coach Michel Therrien was holding them back and the quick acceptance of interim coach Dan Bylsma has translated into better hockey and a stronger chance to make the playoffs.

...... they said it's not so much a personality issue as the coaching style of Bylsma, who kept essentially the same system but tweaked it to stress a more aggressive approach.

"I think it's kind of a mixture of everything," defenseman Rob Scuderi said. "I don't think we were performing our best before the coaching change. Certainly that had some things to do with it.

There is no doubt the players are enjoying themselves, from dancing in the locker room after games to playfulness between drills at practice.

last and most important Bylsma also encourages a certain amount of fun.

"I believe in being passionate, energetic and enjoying what you're doing," he said. "Winning helps that situation, but the challenge of getting better, the challenge of where we're at, the challenge of seeing how good we can become here going down the stretch, is an exciting thing.

"You need to have an attitude and an energy level and an enjoyment that reflects the struggle and the challenge that we're in. That's something we try to put on the ice every day."

Bylsma has seen the change in his limited time with the club.

"Their eyes are up. Their shoulders are pulled back a little bit more. They come with a purpose," he said. "They're starting to develop [the attitude that] this is how we can be and play as a team, where before there were a lot of eyes down looking at the shoe tops when I first came in.

"I think there's a good feeling among the guys."

Hhmmmmm The signs of a team coming together and playing for each other rather than coming apart, forgot what that was like.

in fairness to lindy, he's not a parent so much as he's the director of -- what -- a group home of some kind? and there's this bureaucrat above him who chooses the kids that get sent to the home and those that can't be sent away, and he has to make do with the hand he's dealt. i think he does a good (sometimes great) job with the hand he's dealt. i also endorse the upshot of dudly's rant and echo (again) the post that someone had yesterday to the effect that what we have is a roster stocked with talented followers (a lot of the "same guys") who need a(nother) daddy/whip/sergeant at arms on the team to lead the way -- rivet can't do it alone.

good post.

What more can Lindy do? What would a new coach be able to do? Lindy benches players, cuts down ice time and sits players. What else can he really do? The players know the Sabres are in no position to have healthy multimillion dollar players sitting int he press box. The players know that many of the players in Portland are not ready to take their jobs. Lindy yells and puts the players through tough practices. The next step has to come from the GM. They have to start sending the slackers on this team packing.

and another one.

Update: Connolly was promoted from the Sabres? second line to the top unit during Tuesday?s practice, according to Buffalo?s WGR Radio. This is a significant promotion because it places Connolly alongside Thomas Vanek and Drew Stafford rather than Ales Kotalik and Maxim Afinogenov.

Much, much more like it. The VCS was tearing teams apart before Vanek went down.

Archived