GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

Maybe that's because I like watching the game, not my computer screen. I've never understood how people carry on banter during the game. The eyes can only point one way... unless you're Ryan Miller.

You really are an Old Grumpy Bastard. Our young, Sesame Street, MTV minds allow us to do both things at once.

Good rebound win for the Sabres. Stafford, Paille, Connolly played really well. Miller was really sharp tonight. Even the PK goal was not his fault, but rather Rivet's fault for not picking up Kubina coming in from the backdoor. Either way, Miller was on tonight and he will need to be on against Philly. The Philly game becomes extremely important now to keep pace in the East and to move up. Looks like we might get Gaustad back for that game. Good win and need to continue the momentum forward against Philly.

No Im the one who supposidly says it funny... I can't really describe it because I don't know that I do it... I think I might say it more like SAlad (Sale-ad kinda)... Whereas its supposed to be (Sahl-ad)

Get back at them when they say warsh. As in " I have to warsh my car if it doesn't rain."

Good rebound win for the Sabres. Stafford, Paille, Connolly played really well. Miller was really sharp tonight. Even the PK goal was not his fault, but rather Rivet's fault for not picking up Kubina coming in from the backdoor. Either way, Miller was on tonight and he will need to be on against Philly. The Philly game becomes extremely important now to keep pace in the East and to move up. Looks like we might get Gaustad back for that game. Good win and need to continue the momentum forward against Philly.

I think Kubina was Pommers man.

Good win. Our D will need to be a little more solid than that, though, for the Philly game. However, I'm saying that not being able to devote my full attention to the entire game.

I'm happy to see Ellis get a goal for the second line! For low skillz, he sure does wag his fanny!

No Im the one who supposidly says it funny... I can't really describe it because I don't know that I do it... I think I might say it more like SAlad (Sale-ad kinda)... Whereas its supposed to be (Sahl-ad)

He's right; there are Burghers who call it "sawlad." Give 'em a break; they have to follow the Pirates all summer, every year.

Even the PK goal was not his fault, but rather Rivet's fault for not picking up Kubina coming in from the backdoor.
I think Kubina was Pommers man.

Yup. While Rivet probably shouldn't have been pulled over to Miller's left, Pominville definitely shouldn't have and should have had an eye on the point man (Kubina.) Pominville also shouldn't have played the puck after it was gloved out of the zone on the play before. Instead of having Toronto outside the zone, he brought the faceoff right back in the zone.

Yup. While Rivet probably shouldn't have been pulled over to Miller's left, Pominville definitely shouldn't have and should have had an eye on the point man (Kubina.) Pominville also shouldn't have played the puck after it was gloved out of the zone on the play before. Instead of having Toronto outside the zone, he brought the faceoff right back in the zone.

Well Pommer also tipped the puck to Stafford on the first goal (they gave him an assist after the game was over), so that offsets it. I thought he played very well tonight actually. Should have had a goal.

Gotta admit, Paille had a really good game. I've been his biggest critic but he was impressive tonight. He positioned himself perfect for the pass from Connolly on his goal, and Ellis' goal was the result of Paille stealing the puck away. On top of that, he just seemed to be fighting very hard for the puck whenever it was close to him. He is a very unpolished player, but shows potential.

Gotta admit, Paille had a really good game. I've been his biggest critic but he was impressive tonight. He positioned himself perfect for the pass from Connolly on his goal, and Ellis' goal was the result of Paille stealing the puck away. On top of that, he just seemed to be fighting very hard for the puck whenever it was close to him. He is a very unpolished player, but shows potential.

My uneducated opinion (having never spoken to him) I think Paille has no clue what is expected of him any more. I think he's spent the most time in Lindy's doghouse over the last couple years, and there's been times where he's played well for a few games in a row and then ended up the odd man out and stuck back in the press box while underachieving veterans stayed in the lineup.

You really are an Old Grumpy Bastard. Our young, Sesame Street, MTV minds allow us to do both things at once.

La,la,la la

La,la,la la

Elmo's World...

La la la la

La la la la

Elmo's world

Elmo loves his goldfish...

his crayons too...

(Double headswings to the music each way)

That's Elmo's world!!

Hey..its Mr. Noodle's brother, Mr. Noodle!!

:thumbsup:

I have a 2 year old who loves "Elmi" as she calls him....what can I say...I couldn't resist...

La,la,la la

La,la,la la

Elmo's World...

La la la la

La la la la

Elmo's world

Elmo loves his goldfish...

his crayons too...

(Double headswings to the music each way)

That's Elmo's world!!

Hey..its Mr. Noodle's brother, Mr. Noodle!!

:thumbsup:

I have a 2 year old who loves "Elmi" as she calls him....what can I say...I couldn't resist...

Great. I was enjoying the peace and quiet of my two-year-old's bedtime, and now that damn Elmo song is once again stuck in my head.

Good win. Our D will need to be a little more solid than that, though, for the Philly game. However, I'm saying that not being able to devote my full attention to the entire game.

I'm happy to see Ellis get a goal for the second line! For low skillz, he sure does wag his fanny!

OK, that's enough of the wagging-the-fanny reference.

Good call. That line was pretty lively. I'm fine with Roy-Stafford-Gerbe and Connolly-Kotalik-Paille as the top 2 scoring lines, with Hecht-Pommer-Mac as the disappointingly-impotent-on-offense-but-decent-on-the-backcheck #3 and Mair-Kaleta-Ellis as the energy/hitting #4, at least until Goose and Vanek get back.

(Speaking of guys returning, what's that whooshing sound in the shadows? Could it be Max getting limbered up to return for a few more lightning rushes before the deadline? Maybe even the point-a-game Max from a couple of years ago, miraculously returning, along with TC, to the glory days?)

My uneducated opinion (having never spoken to him) I think Paille has no clue what is expected of him any more. I think he's spent the most time in Lindy's doghouse over the last couple years, and there's been times where he's played well for a few games in a row and then ended up the odd man out and stuck back in the press box while underachieving veterans stayed in the lineup.

Well, I think Lindy feels like Paille doesn't play with nearly enough energy or desperation 90% of the time, and that's why he's usually the odd man out for the healthy scratch.

Separately, I'm glad we won tonight but it really wasn't much to get excited about. We came out flat, again, Miller bailed us out until their rookie goalie let in a couple of softies, and then we executed a win against a lousy team. BFD. We'll need to play a lot better to beat Philly.

Also -- I usually don't mind the VS coverage, but it was pretty lame tonight.

Great. I was enjoying the peace and quiet of my two-year-old's bedtime, and now that damn Elmo song is once again stuck in my head.

Yo, "Mr.Business Man Bm", try and get these lyrics out of your head: :nana: :nana:

Set to the tune of Aerosmith, Janie's Got a Gun.

~Weird Al

Elmo's got a gun

Elmo's got a gun

Big bird's on the run

Ernie's dialin' 911

What made elmo snap,

Was he tired of big birds crap?

They said when Elmo was arrested

They found Oscar headless in the trash

I hear that Gordon's really runnin

Now that elmos got a gun,

The streets never gonna be the same.

Elmo's got a gun

Elmo's got a gun

Grover's head has come undone

Sesame street's not real fun -

*GUNSHOT*

You want me to walk around sesame street without a bulletproof vest?!

Forget about it!

Archived