[OT] Favorite Beer?

Guest Sloth

Mackeson's Triple Stout was my favorite beer until it was discontinued.

Still looking for a beer to replace it.

The best milk stout I've ever tasted. :thumbsup: It's still made but I don't believe a distributor has picked it up yet. You should try Lancaster's Milk Stout for the time being. It's a very good beer and a decent replacement.

The best milk stout I've ever tasted. :thumbsup: It's still made but I don't believe a distributor has picked it up yet. You should try Lancaster's Milk Stout for the time being. It's a very good beer and a decent replacement.

I've found it very difficult to find Milk Stouts here in Buffalo. I've tried consumers and they don't have any milk stouts, they will however be getting a shipment of Left Hand Milk stout which i will try.

Do you know any locations where I can purchase th Lancaster Milk Stout?

I've found it very difficult to find Milk Stouts here in Buffalo. I've tried consumers and they don't have any milk stouts, they will however be getting a shipment of Left Hand Milk stout which i will try.

Do you know any locations where I can purchase th Lancaster Milk Stout?

I've had a bottle of the Left Hand, and it was utterly fantastic. Similar to Lancaster, but in my opinion a bit better.

Can't help with finding Lancaster, I live about 25 miles from the brewery so it's everywhere. I'm even closer to Victory, they have a great brunch. :)

Hard to believe most here have Buffalo roots and only a couple of Canadian beers. I figured Labatt and Molson would be well represented. That's what I grew up with. OV was also very popular at one time.

Anyone remember OV Splits? They were like 6 ozs, I think. You could get them at the "Brick Bar" on Allen St. They served a open case, set it on the bar and poured ice on top. Good times!

I've had a bottle of the Left Hand, and it was utterly fantastic. Similar to Lancaster, but in my opinion a bit better.

Can't help with finding Lancaster, I live about 25 miles from the brewery so it's everywhere. I'm even closer to Victory, they have a great brunch. :)

Mmmmm.... Victory Whirlwind is always great.

Mmmmm.... Victory Whirlwind is always great.

I haven't had that one yet. What's unfortunate is I don't get over there enough to catch all the odd-ball stuff they brew in small batches. They usually have 15 or so beers on draft.

The Storm King Stout is pretty good, I've had a case of that. It's an Imperial and 10%, so watch out. Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout is good too, but strong as well.

I drink Labatt when back in Watkins Glen - great price for a good solid beer. The light isn't bad too either. Much prefer it to Molson.

Here in Texas, we are fortunate to have Shiner (www.shiner.com) - celebrating their 100th year in 2009. They've been putting out some great stuff to celebrate this past year - the Helles Lager was particularly nice. Looks like you can buy it almost anywhere except NYS. I always send a couple of cases home with Dad when he comes to visit.

Don't really like any of the big national brands but if it's free & cold I won't kick it out of bed. Could never get over the skunkiness of Mooshead or Rolling Rock.

Finally gave up drinking our beer of choice from college: Keystone - it was $2.69/12 pack but the traditional couple I had for my last birthday made me feel like crap half the next day. At least we still have Pearl here which is about $11/case if you want to drink decent cheap beer.

Anyone remember OV Splits? They were like 6 ozs, I think. You could get them at the "Brick Bar" on Allen St. They served a open case, set it on the bar and poured ice on top. Good times!

Great call! Just walk up to the bar and grab an ice cold OV. Remember it well. Some of the youngsters won't know this. Great memories.

Great call! Just walk up to the bar and grab an ice cold OV. Remember it well. Some of the youngsters won't know this. Great memories.

The bar down the street from one of my apartments* used to do $1 bottles of blue, served by the half dozen in a bucket of ice. Evil.

* Kelly's in Endicott, NY

Just say OV, just say OV.

Add an L and an E and you've got LOVE.

LOL

Oh yeah those little splits went down fast.

I think I saw them in a supermarket the last time I was in Syracuse.

Can't get them where I live so I pretty much stick to Labatts Blue.

Just say OV, just say OV.

Add an L and an E and you've got LOVE.

LOL

Oh yeah those little splits went down fast.

I think I saw them in a supermarket the last time I was in Syracuse.

Can't get them where I live so I pretty much stick to Labatts Blue.

Personally, I preferred the Iron City ditty.

"Just say I-C, add an L, and an E, and you've got LICE :unsure: "

Archived