[OT] Favorite Beer?

Guest Sloth

No hockey = off topic talk.

List your favorite regular beer and your favorite light beer.

1. Regular beer: Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan

2. Lite beer: Sam Adams Light

Molson Canadian.

No Lite Beer for me.

Definitely understandable. I just don't feel as "guilty" when I drink lite beer. The more beer the better! :beer:

Don't tell my wife I said that.

Regular beer: Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse Dunkel
cold!

I keep my Dunkels in the basement and never chill them any more than that. I put one in the fridge once, but when I started to drink it, I found it didn't taste that good. Let it sit and warm a bit; got much better!

Oh god I love this thread already :). For me right now it's a toss-up between Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA and Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale.

Oh man... A real man loves his IPAs. Dogfish Head 90 min is number one in my book. I just took down 4 too many while watching Ryan Miller, Paul Gaustad and Patrick Kaleta get hit on by fat chicks at Coles.

Oh man... A real man loves his IPAs. Dogfish Head 90 min is number one in my book. I just took down 4 too many while watching Ryan Miller, Paul Gaustad and Patrick Kaleta get hit on by fat chicks at Coles.

:lol: Nice.

Pizza Plant on Main St is tapping some 120 min on 2/4. :thumbsup:

I was a big Heineken fan for a long time, aside from the occasional micro-brew, none of which really left an impression. I cut down significantly on beer drinking when our first kid was born. The past couple of years the wife and I have been getting into wine - which has led me (back) into the world of micro-brews. Sometime shortly after Christmas Premier had some Great Lakes Brewery stuff on sale, I think it was either the Commodore Perry IPA or the Burning River Pale Ale. See, I was invited over somewhere to watch a movie and I brought the 4-pak with me. It didn't occur to me to note the kind of brew it was, but it was the best beer I ever had. Very, very good. I plan on buying some more this weekend, finally, to see if I can figure out which one it was.

Guinness and Smithwicks are my social beers, although Blue is good anytime. They actually sell it down here, so that's cool.

Back in my Prime (like 7-8 years ago) Molson XXX was the trendy pick up, but back then (or thereabouts) you could only get it in Canada or the duty free shop. Can't remember when they started selling it locally, I moved to Florida around that time.

You folks that say "no light beer" isn't that an oxymoron for you in the USA?

I mean, your beer is already light.

A light beer is 4% here in the great white north.

A Canadian who says no light beer, I am onside with. I totally agree.

If you Americans are drinking beer that is actually called light, it's pretty much a non alcoholic beverage. :beer:

Archived