[OT] Favorite Beer?

Guest Sloth

This anti-light/anti-American stuff is laughable. I don't drink typical "American" or Canadian Beers as they all taste relatively the same, crappy.

Victory Lagers

complaining about crappy tasting beers and then saying you drink lagers, :lol:

Oh God Oh God Oh God Oh God....

120 on tap, a man can only dream.

My fav is 90 min. Anyone who doesn't list that as their fav can go to hell. :D

I put down a few 90 mins last week, and then found the 120 which I never had before. It was actually very sweet, which I found suprising. The 90 min is the best of the bunch though.

Oh jeez yes the ponys. You could hide them everywhere. Well before the days when they checked purses and big coats at the Aud. Hee Hee.

And the cases of OV at the bar? Yes, I do remember that and I just loved the debauchery of it. Buy a case at the bar...throw in some ice and you were good to go. We never left ours on top of the bar though...always put the case at our feet. That way, when you slid down to the floor your beer was right beside you.

Being a responsible wife, mom, and business owner, I never drink like that anymore. Coffee is my drug now, but I do have my memories! Real life can't take those away!!!

Yup. About once a year I buy a six-pack of GCA bottles for nostalgia sake. Costs about two bucks.

To make it really authentic, you have to drink it warm like when you used to sneak it away from the adults.

It must get judged towards the end at the Great American Beer festival to have won so many awards (and as recently as 2005). Obviously the judges are not spitting as they proceed through the tastings.

By the way, I'm pretty sure you can still get Genny Cream on draft at Seneca Lodge (our favorite bar in Watkins Glen) but I think it's getting tougher for them to obtain. Is it still on tap in a lot of other WNY bars? Pabst is another die hard draft you find in the rural hotspots.

It must get judged towards the end at the Great American Beer festival to have won so many awards (and as recently as 2005). Obviously the judges are not spitting as they proceed through the tastings.

I wonder how much competition there is in the "America Cream Ale/Lager" category at these competitions. Personally, I'm not sure there's any style of beer with the name "American" in it that I would consider to be a good style of beer.

Side note: I do find the concept of krausening an Ale to be an interesting one from both a product and an operational standpoint.

I have been drinking some of this Wisconson stuff called Leinenkugol's. They make a pretty taste brew.

I also picked up a case of Rickard's from Canada that was enjoyable.

Light beer - the wife likes Miller lite, which means I like Miller Lite...

I think Leinenkugel has upgraded their product since we drank it in 1989-1991 while in college nearby in Iowa. You had to drive over to LaCrosse, WI to buy Leinenkugel but it was like under $5 for a case - came in an old recycled cardboard crate and the bottles were re-used glass - so scuffed, the paper label barely stuck on. That was some nasty beer - you could see why we splurged the extra $1 for Keystone. Now I laugh when I see Leinenkugel with the fancy artistic box and label selling for $8/6 pack all the way down here in Texas. Tastes better too but still not great in my opinion.

Speaking of Canadian beers, there seem to be so many available up there that never make it south of the border and what does (Labatt/Molson/Moosehead) isn't nearly as good. We tried a bunch of different stuff on tap in Ottawa - pretty decent but I'd never heard of them. Same goes for some of the beer commercials you see on the Canadian feeds - are the Canucks ("it's pronounced Canada") hoarding the good stuff and pawning off the 2nd rate on the entire country south of Buffalo?

I put down a few 90 mins last week, and then found the 120 which I never had before. It was actually very sweet, which I found suprising. The 90 min is the best of the bunch though.

I can't wait to finally sample the 120 min. Wow - 20% alcohol and 450 calories. Holy shiat, this beer is dinner!

I've got a bottle of 120 that I'm aging. Right now, its about to hit the 1 year old mark, and I'm aiming at 75 years.

Whats everyone drinking tonight for the superbowl?

I've got a couple bottles of Lagunitas' special Zappa release, a 6 pack of oak aged arrogant bastard, and a bottle of Dogfish Head Fort.

I've got a bottle of 120 that I'm aging. Right now, its about to hit the 1 year old mark, and I'm aiming at 75 years.

Whats everyone drinking tonight for the superbowl?

I've got a couple bottles of Lagunitas' special Zappa release, a 6 pack of oak aged arrogant bastard, and a bottle of Dogfish Head Fort.

Bought two 4-packs from Wegmans of the 90 min. It's going to be a good night.

Archived