[OT] So comforting

PASabreFan

Given the problems facing our nation, let me be the first to say "WHO GIVES A F-CK".

While I wouldn't have given such a terse reaction, I agree with the sentiment. That's a tremendous weight of responsibility that the man was taking upon his shoulders (the office, not the oath).

Here's what someone had to say about it.

Damn, and here I had Crosschecking in the "first to post a negative thread about the Inauguration" pool.

:nana: How much money did you lose? :D

Oh, don't worry. Tomorrow's Complaint Thursday. I have a dandy lined up, and you won't believe who's on my list.

While I wouldn't have given such a terse reaction, I agree with the sentiment. That's a tremendous weight of responsibility that the man was taking upon his shoulders (the office, not the oath).

Here's what someone had to say about it.

No offense (and I hope that isn't you in the clip) but I hate these frigging video blogs posted on YouTube. Hey, look - it's Joe Blow from nowhere with no credentials/expertise at all - why the :censored: should I give a flying rat's ass what he thinks about the election, inauguration, the P*ts losing Brady, none of it.

"Hey, look at me, I have a webcam - I should record myself talking out my ass andpost it for the whole world to see! Then I'll have friends!" Morons.

:nana: How much money did you lose? :D

Oh, don't worry. Tomorrow's Complaint Thursday. I have a dandy lined up, and you won't believe who's on my list.

I'm looking forward to it. I had one of those days today, where I was toeing the line of blowing up and going off on the next idiot that screwed something up and made more work for me (or hell, even cut me off in traffic).

I am not making this up.

I heard a joke by a fellow Army Reservist (at that time) who said that in a few years, we will have to raise our right had for the servicemembers' oath and then raise the left hand to take the UN oath. Get the picture?

BTW, I did not come up with this at all.

I am not making this up.

I heard a joke by a fellow Army Reservist (at that time) who said that in a few years, we will have to raise our right had for the servicemembers' oath and then raise the left hand to take the UN oath. Get the picture?

BTW, I did not come up with this at all.

It is ridiculous that they still take oaths by placing a hand on a bible. Since the oath they are taking is to the American people they should be placing their hand on a telephone book.

I get it.

I'm just glad that we finally have a president that doesn't say nuculer.

Take it for what it is worth and by no means am I a fudge packin' Republican fan-boy... :D But the ad hoc spelling has been used by other presidents dating over 50 years now... Again, take it for what it is worth... From Wiki:

U.S. presidents that have used this pronunciation include Bill Clinton, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Jimmy Carter (who trained to be engineering officer on a nuclear submarine), and George W. Bush, as well as presidential candidate Walter Mondale and Alaska Governor Sarah Palin.

:nana: :nana:

Man with strong Buffalo roots makes good by becoming Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court and then he goofs up on the oath. Only about a billion people watching, too. He was afflicted with the curse.

:lol:

Didn't he spend most of his younger years growing up in Indiana? Long Beach... Right out side Gary.

Strong WNY roots? He moved when he was in second grade? :lol: :lol:

The Kennedy's (John and Robert) then have strong NYC roots... They moved out of the city when they were teenagers.

:nana:

Obama & Roberts got together and redid the oath yesterday. Hopefully that makes people happy. Also as some media have reported - the oath is really symbolic now since we have the 20th amendment.

Section 1. The terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.

Obama & Roberts got together and redid the oath yesterday. Hopefully that makes people happy. Also as some media have reported - the oath is really symbolic now since we have the 20th amendment.

Section 1. The terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.

Cool. For the last eight years, I've wondered if we even had a Constitution anymore. Glad to see that we've dusted it off and that it's back in action.

Yesterday, Obama didn't have his hand on the Bible. Time for another try at the oath! (Sarcasm)

It is disappointing they forgot to use the Bible, though.

I cant wait to see the reaction from some American mom after Obama releases a few of these terrorists and he has to explain why her son or daughter or husband was killed by the hands of a freed terrorist..Of all the things he should be worried about and try to correct this is the least of them all..

I cant wait to see the reaction from some American mom after Obama releases a few of these terrorists and he has to explain why her son or daughter or husband was killed by the hands of a freed terrorist..Of all the things he should be worried about and try to correct this is the least of them all..

They are being transferred, not released.

Thats what they say but I see where this is going and they will be released..But time will tell I guess..Obama is hell bent on reversing everything Bush did good or bad in his first two days.....

what has he reversed that bush did that was good? Gitmo was used as a recruiting tool for terrorist groups worldwide, esp in the middle east. Some iraqis, even join groups to fight americans only bc of Gitmo, (brother was marine in fallujah). Nothing about Gitmo was good or embodied AMerican ideals.

And for that matter some of these guys have no proof that they ever did anything wrong or were trying to.

Yesterday, Obama didn't have his hand on the Bible. Time for another try at the oath! (Sarcasm)

It is disappointing they forgot to use the Bible, though.

This was the version of the oath for non-believers. They did a version on the Koran but they made sure there were no cameras for that one. ;)

They are being transferred, not released.

Actually both..

In the news today is that a released Gitmo guy under Bush went home to Saudi and promptly disappeared. He re-emerged in Yemen and is considered to be Al Qaeda numero uno there.

Actually both..

In the news today is that a released Gitmo guy under Bush went home to Saudi and promptly disappeared. He re-emerged in Yemen and is considered to be Al Qaeda numero uno there.

What's that old saying? The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I'm sure that some of the detainees in Gitmo are legitimate threats. Just like I'm sure that some of the Japanese detainees where threats during WWII. That's not an excuse to violate the ideals this country is built upon. Each detainee has the right of due process. Arrest them and give them their trial. You can't hold someone forever under suspicion that may intend to commit a crime.

Archived