[OT] So comforting

PASabreFan

What did Bush do that would qualify as "good?"

Hmmmm....You didnt like the way he handled the attack against the US??? I suppose you would have just rather taken the attack and turned the channel and watched a different show...He handled it amazingly..He had no true enemy, and yet searched them out and pretty much disabled them from attacking us again..He went after terrorists when most would have turtled..He messed up after that and went into Iraq with no real mission plan however he freed a lot of innocent people..For as much as some here are saying we need to stand on our "values and release the detainees in Gitmo they are probably the ones bitching about us being in IRAQ and actually freeing an oprressed country..Keep the blinders on..Bush made a lot of mistakes however he helped a great many people who have a chance to be free now because he took a stand right or wrong....

Bitter Republicans are looking for anything to bitch about right now.

PTR

Stop stereotyping and throwing everyone into your convenient, smug group of people. By your statement you are showing your ignorance and what side of the fence you are on.

I am a Republican and have my concerns about Obama's past voting records and positions on key issues (too numerous to mention here), but I am not " looking for anything to bitch about right now". I hope and pray for the best for my country and that includes our new President. I also hope he leads with wisdom and strength and not by what is politically expedient nor by what only the winds of change would have us taken toward.

I cant wait to see the reaction from some American mom after Obama releases a few of these terrorists and he has to explain why her son or daughter or husband was killed by the hands of a freed terrorist..Of all the things he should be worried about and try to correct this is the least of them all..

<_< <_<

Man... Having all those viruses locked away in my computer's "virus vault" always scares the crap out of me. Or is it kinda like Daffy Duck the salesmen to Elmer Fudd:

"Don't EVER Press the RED Button!"

Guess what? Elmer pressed the red button because his curiosity finally got the best of him. Daffy flies by in a helicopter and says after Elmer presses the "anti-flood button" (red):

"Now you NEED to BUY the BLUE button to get you down."

:D

I am not sure where I am going with this... But, I thought about it when I read your equally inane post.

:nana:

<_< <_<

Man... Having all those viruses locked away in my computer's "virus vault" always scares the crap out of me. Or is it kinda like Daffy Duck the salesmen to Elmer Fudd:

"Don't EVER Press the RED Button!"

Guess what? Porky pressed the red button because his curiosity finally got the best of him. Daffy flies by in a helicopter and says after Elmer presses the "anti-flood button" (red):

"Now you NEED to BUY the BLUE button to get you down."

:D

I am not sure where I am going with this... But, I thought about it when I read equally inane post.

:nana:

Let me ask you this..All kidding aside..Just imagine how you would feel if another attack happens and it comes out that one of the terrorists running or involved in is one of the detainees we released? Now imagine it if one of your close family members is one of the ones killed..Still laughing???? The chances of one of the detainees who are still be held are not capable and willing to carry out a mission like this is much greater than most....Its common sense..Joke away flame away whatever you want but this is a HUGE MISTAKE....So go ahead and push the red button :nana:

Let me ask you this..All kidding aside..Just imagine how you would feel if another attack happens and it comes out that one of the terrorists running or involved in is one of the detainees we released? Now imagine it if one of your close family members is one of the ones killed..Still laughing???? The chances of one of the detainees who are still be held are not capable and willing to carry out a mission like this is much greater than most....Its common sense..Joke away flame away whatever you want but this is a HUGE MISTAKE....So go ahead and push the red button :nana:

I'd feel horrible. I'd also feel horrible if there was an attack and none of the current detainees were involved.

We don't lock people up forever without trial in this country. This isn't Iraq, it's the United States of America.

It would be bad and horrible... My world as I know would end... But a NEW one would open up. I would have to carry on knowing that my loss would still not be as bad as the other side of the argument. It is NOT ABOUT ME. You probably say: "How can you say that?" Well, I can... Don't ask me my... But, I can for the sake of the country. Again, It is not about me individually... It is about the team... The US. My loss, surely a tragedy... But, not doing what Obama is doing is a far bigger tragedy if one innocent person suffers at our hands because of my selfishness. My laziness. I believe this with everything... Even capital puunishment.

Really!

My grandfather had a saying:

"Don't be a golly-ga-loo bird!"

You know what a "golly-ga-loo bird" is? It is a bird who sticks their head in the sand and whistles out their ass. And that is what Bush's policy with regards to Gitmo represents. Don't hide our heads in the sand and whistle out our .

We can't innoculate everyone from harms way... We can be vigilant and still protect our people.

I think one man said:

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself."

;) ;)

Besides turn the country and economy into utter shambles, not much unlike turning the clock back to October 1929 with his "voodo" consumer policies of the 1920's?

Oh, wait... That is not good. That is a republican's nocturnal emmission.

So what exactly are you implying is a Republican's wet dream? I don't want to misinterpret what your jab is trying to imply, so I will wait for your enlightened explanation before I respond.

Hmmmm....You didnt like the way he handled the attack against the US??? I suppose you would have just rather taken the attack and turned the channel and watched a different show...He handled it amazingly..He had no true enemy, and yet searched them out and pretty much disabled them from attacking us again..He went after terrorists when most would have turtled..He messed up after that and went into Iraq with no real mission plan however he freed a lot of innocent people..For as much as some here are saying we need to stand on our "values and release the detainees in Gitmo they are probably the ones bitching about us being in IRAQ and actually freeing an oprressed country..Keep the blinders on..Bush made a lot of mistakes however he helped a great many people who have a chance to be free now because he took a stand right or wrong....

That is pretty much what I was thinking after Deluca made a not so well thought out remark. I'm not a Bush supporter, but he did exactly what he needed to do after a horrific day none of us will ever forget.

That is pretty much what I was thinking after Deluca made a not so well thought out remark. I'm not a Bush supporter, but he did exactly what he needed to do after a horrific day none of us will ever forget.

What exactly was that? Starting a needless war in Iraq. You know the terrorists got exactly what they thought would happen... They knew we would throw the baby out with the bathwater.

It is the western financial system that they want to take down. And in 8 years they seem to be doing a very nice job. Bush bit hook line and sinker. And if we keep on going down that road, the very fabric of our society will unravel from within.

Creating a bigger disparity between rich and poor. Eliminating the middle class.

Ummm...I am a Republican and do not want what you are suggesting, that is, outdated, useless, destructive class warfare. Why is it liberals have to perpetuate these nonsensical class stereotypes and paint everybody & everything with broad-brushed strokes? You don't know me as a Republican or what I stand for.

It benefits no one and certainly not to our free market system to have wealth & capital horded by one "class", yet you seem to think this is what all Republicans think. Our economy & society is more prosperous when more contribute to it.

Instead of putting labels on everyone and playing the blame game, why don't you devote your time & energy to writing or doing something positive that is of benefit to all?......i.e., I am a Republican but devote my time volunteering at a soup kitchen.

FYI, the Republicans, or any party, cannot "eliminate the middle class". The traditional middle class has been made obsolete in part by America losing its' manufacturing base by becoming noncompetitive.

Why is it liberals have to perpetuate these nonsensical class stereotypes and paint everybody & everything with broad-brushed strokes?

Ah, because it actually happened the past 8 years? NEWFLASH: Their oil cronies hoarded our hard earned money when gas prices were doubled, yes DOUBLED than what they are now?

Any coincidence?

What's so scary about class warfare? If the shoe fits, why not wear it? We saw the separation in 1929 from that decades policies and we saw the fruits of 8 years of labor in 2008. It is going to take decades to bring at least a sembalance of socio-economic equillibrium like we saw during the "golden years" after the WWII.

Ah, because it actually happened the past 8 years? NEWFLASH: Their oil cronies hoarded our hard earned money when gas prices were doubled, yes DOUBLED than what they are now?

Any coincidence?

What's so scary about class warfare? If the shoe fits, why not wear it? We saw the separation in 1929 from that decades policies and we saw the fruits of 8 years of labor in 2008. It is going to take decades to bring at least a sembalance of socio-economic equillibrium like we saw during the "golden years" after the WWII.

I don't appreciate you lumping all opponents of your political ilk into one convenient box. If there was corruption within one small faction of "oil cronies", then that is someone no one can condone, regardless of political affiliation. NEWSFLASH: gas prices are subject to the laws of supply and demand, a basic tenet you seem to ignore or be unaware of. It our society's fault, not Republicans' fault, that we have remained dependent on foreign oil and have remained at the monopolistic mercy of OPEC.

We'll see about your doomsday prediction of decades required for equilibrium, Nostradamus.....

BTW, you meant semblance, correct?

I don't appreciate you lumping all opponents of your political ilk into one convenient box. If there was corruption within one small faction of "oil cronies", then that is someone no one can condone, regardless of political affiliation. NEWSFLASH: gas prices are subject to the laws of supply and demand, a basic tenet you seem to ignore or be unaware of. It our society's fault, not Republicans' fault, that we have remained dependent on foreign oil and have remained at the monopolistic mercy of OPEC.

We'll see about your doomsday prediction of decades required for equilibrium, Nostradamus.....

BTW, you meant semblance, correct?

:oops: I was writing phonetically... Sorry. My bad.

Like you said... Time will tell.

Stopped them from attacking the US again? There has only been one attack. It's not like there was a series of attacks and the W came in and put a end to it all. You might want to take a look around. Terrorist attacks are still happening as they did pre 9/11. The only thing Bush accomplished was to take an event that had the entire world in our corner and he screwed it up with his incompetence.

Iraq was oppressed. What about all the non-oil producing countries that still to this day face oppression? Maybe they should have built fake oil rigs to gain the attention of W.

You mean sit there with a dumb expression? Or, do you mean stop all flights over US air space. Except of course his Saudi Arabian friends who were allowed to leave the US.

What exactly was that? Starting a needless war in Iraq. You know the terrorists got exactly what they thought would happen... They knew we would throw the baby out with the bathwater.

It is the western financial system that they want to take down. And in 8 years they seem to be doing a very nice job. Bush bit hook line and sinker. And if we keep on going down that road, the very fabric of our society will unravel from within.

I often wondered how much financial support the second Bush campaign received from terrorist groups. Even on their best day terrorists couldn't inflict the damage the Bush Presidency has on this country.

Apparently the holier-than-thou Left is now characterizing a human mistake as an "embarrassment". Get over yourself. We have bigger issues to debate and fix in this country.

Closing Gitmo.

Restoring funding to international organizations that help women with abortions.

I even saw on the front page this morning that the FDA has authorized stem cell testing on humans.

Looks like in the first few days things are already getting fixed.

Archived