[OT] So comforting

PASabreFan

Color me cynical, but one of the great moments in our nation's history was just ruined by a president and chief justice who couldn't memorize a short oath. For those who missed it, Barack Obama interrupted Chief Justice Robert's first line, throwing them both off and launching the Clusterf*ck at the Capitol. Obama started again and completed the first line correctly. Roberts then butchered the second line -- "That I will... execute the office of president TO the United States faithfully." Obama started to repeat it, knew it wasn't right and stopped. Roberts jumped in and got it wrong again -- it was so mangled it's hard to even transcribe it. Obama did hold it together and actually in the final transcript took the oath correctly except for the misplaced "faithfully."

It's either a bad omen or the perfect symbolism of the last eight years that one of Bush's nominees is a bigger idiot than he is. Then again, the first mistake was Obama's. And he should have known the second line by heart anyway.

As for the speech, just words. The list of what Obama is going to do in the next four years was almost laughable. Everything except curing the Sabres' power play.

Color me cynical, but one of the great moments in our nation's history was just ruined by a president and chief justice who couldn't memorize a short oath. For those who missed it, Barack Obama interrupted Chief Justice Robert's first line, throwing them both off and launching the Clusterf*ck at the Capitol. Obama started again and completed the first line correctly. Roberts then butchered the second line -- "That I will... execute the office of president TO the United States faithfully." Obama started to repeat it, knew it wasn't right and stopped. Roberts jumped in and got it wrong again -- it was so mangled it's hard to even transcribe it. Obama did hold it together and actually in the final transcript took the oath correctly except for the misplaced "faithfully."

It's either a bad omen or the perfect symbolism of the last eight years that one of Bush's nominees is a bigger idiot than he is. Then again, the first mistake was Obama's. And he should have known the second line by heart anyway.

As for the speech, just words. The list of what Obama is going to do in the next four years was almost laughable. Everything except curing the Sabres' power play.

Apparently Roberts got it wrong per CNN...

Given the problems facing our nation, let me be the first to say "WHO GIVES A F-CK".

Can we please get on with our lives now..I am so sick of hearing about this so called change we are going to encounter..Mark this down..The only thing thats gonna change from here out is less rhetoric and more excuses....So why bother to listen..I am going on with my life and whatever happens happens....I know my taxes are going up so accept it..I know my services are going down so I accept that too..I know that if I want I can quit my job and I will still have my government to take care of me..What more can a lazy man want????/ Sarcasm off

Apparently Roberts got it wrong per CNN...

The president was wrong first when he interrupted. But, man, Roberts screwed the pooch on this one. He didn't appear to have anything written out.

I guess the thing that bothers me is, if Obama choked under this kind of pressure... Then again, Bush nailed his oath!

Can we please get on with our lives now..I am so sick of hearing about this so called change we are going to encounter..Mark this down..The only thing thats gonna change from here out is less rhetoric and more excuses....So why bother to listen..I am going on with my life and whatever happens happens....I know my taxes are going up so accept it..I know my services are going down so I accept that too..I know that if I want I can quit my job and I will still have my government to take care of me..What more can a lazy man want????/ Sarcasm off

Wall Street showed where they stand on the matter today.. Same ole, same ole...

umm the Chief Justice actually forgot his lines

he left out a few words and then wen he went to restate them he said the words out of order.

Its obamas mistake for talking over someone who forgot the 35 word oath?

A lot of people make mistakes like that on big occassions. Sure, it was the Presidential Inauguration, but give me a break. I've seen people at their weddings forget what they were supposed to say after hearing their minister tell them to repeat after me.

It doesn't matter who was at fault. The important thing is we have a new President that has given most people some type of hope.

A lot of people make mistakes like that on big occassions. Sure, it was the Presidential Inauguration, but give me a break. I've seen people at their weddings forget what they were supposed to say after hearing their minister tell them to repeat after me.

It doesn't matter who was at fault. The important thing is we have a new President that has given most people some type of hope.

I actually agree.

I think almost every American was sick of Bush and any Republican following him had no chance..I believe that any opponent wouldve won... ..Hell Sambo woulda beat them....

I think almost every American was sick of Bush and any Republican following him had no chance..I believe that any opponent wouldve won... ..Hell Sambo woulda beat them....

Your true colors are showing...and they're really ugly.

I think I have my first ignore list member. Congrats.

Your true colors are showing...and they're really ugly.

I think I have my first ignore list member. Congrats.

Whats your problem????

You dont know my true colors..You dont know me..So dont think your the Lord Almighty and judge me...I could care less if you read anything I write or not..I dont judge you or your opinion..Ignore have at it.As a matter of fact I encourage you to do so, so I dont waste any more of my energy responding to anything you have to write in response to any of my posts..Now that my rant is over...

If you think Obama has done anything to deserve the Presidency besides just being in the right place at the right time and being the right color at the right time then your very naiive..I made a lil joke...Sorry it hurt your feelings

Whats your problem????

You dont know my true colors..You dont know me..So dont think your the Lord Almighty and judge me...I could care less if you read anything I write or not..I dont judge you or your opinion..Ignore have at it.As a matter of fact I encourage you to do so, so I dont waste any more of my energy responding to anything you have to write in response to any of my posts..Now that my rant is over...

If you think Obama has done anything to deserve the Presidency besides just being in the right place at the right time and being the right color at the right time then your very naiive..I made a lil joke...Sorry it hurt your feelings

Yeah...that's why he was elected(you knew I couldn't resist). The fact that all you see is his color and that is why you think he got elected tells me everything I need to know. It couldn't actually be that he was the best candidate.

Yeah...that's why he was elected(you knew I couldn't resist). The fact that all you see is his color and that is why you think he got elected tells me everything I need to know. It couldn't actually be that he was the best candidate.

Thats the problem..He was the best candidate..Quick edit so u dont misunderstand me...I think he was the best candidate out of the few..But it wouldnt have mattered who he was..America didnt want another Republica..Hence my offcolored joke..It couldve been anyone..I went a lil to far maybe with people who dont know me quite too well..I apologize..But if I knew ya better I have better ones... :nana:

Thats the problem..He was the best candidate..Quick edit so u dont misunderstand me...I think he was the best candidate out of the few..But it wouldnt have mattered who he was..America didnt want another Republica..Hence my offcolored joke..It couldve been anyone..I went a lil to far maybe with people who dont know me quite too well..I apologize..But if I knew ya better I have better ones... :nana:

I get it.

I'm just glad that we finally have a president that doesn't say nuculer.

Archived