[OT] So comforting

PASabreFan

you are referencing an article from 2005 as somehow refuting me? Hoyer said just this month there will be NO vote on the fairness doctrine. THe president said this past summer he does not support the Fairness Doctrine and Pelosi also stated this past summer the bill will NOT be presented on the floor. so good job with a 4 year old article trying to call me out.

Like i said there are no current sponsors of any bill regarding the fairness doctrine. A bill from 4 years ago ? You are prob well off in GA with the rest of your types. You want to talk about entitlement? the South takes in about $1.40 for every $1.00 in taxes they pay, thats entitlement, GOP country. Also have more per capita teenage mothers, high school dropouts, and welfare recipients.

Right its just the liberal media that hates the US. you hatred and vileness are just representative of the modern conservative movement

I feel better with an intelligent person in charge of the country instead of some #%^$#!up.

oh really - why don't you cite a source if you are going to throw your smack at me? You didn't even recognize the Fairness Doctrine by name until I did.

you said no legislation had ever been enacted, which I refuted. I was also referring to Holder and Pelosi being quoted as saying they would support the Doctrine in its proper application. You have a point - no current legislation....fine, agreed. I have a point: talk of re-enacting the Doctrine is alive and well.

Source: On June 24, 2008, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (who represents most of San Francisco, California) told reporters that her fellow Democratic representatives did not want to forbid reintroduction of the Fairness Doctrine, adding ?the interest in my caucus is the reverse.? When asked by John Gizzi of Human Events, ?Do you personally support revival of the ?Fairness Doctrine???, the Speaker replied "Yes." [22]........WHAT DO HAVE TO SAY TO THIS PATTY ????????

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairness_Doctrine)

What are you insinuating by your asinine, smarmy "rest of my types" BS? I live and work in a suburb of North Atlanta that is different demographically from GA & the rest of the "South" ... real crappy job painting with a broad brush and stereotyping me. My tax dollars go to funding an indigent hospital in downtown Atlanta, so I know about entitlement...if you want to play that card. How you combine entitlement with a discussion on the Fairness Doctrine is beyond me, Patty (....or is it Patti?). You make no sense whatsoever.

Someone needs to put a leash on you b/c you are in fully attack mode. Your raging, foaming at the mouth fury is spouting again....I NEVER said the liberal media hates the US, you liar, so don't put words in my mouth. What I said is that the media will not IMO treat Obama with the same fervor as they did with Bush...there I said it again - what's the big deal? To deny it is to deny there is a liberal media bias - but I guess people with their heads in the sand or stuck somewhere else are intellectually dishonest if they deny this.

You don't know me and you never will, but yet you say I am full of hatred and vileness? why - because we disagree?....seriously, put the leash back on the bitch, or change the dosage on your medication. You look stupid and thin-skinned when you attack someone personally who disagrees with you.

And that's fine with me. That's why I said it as more of an opinion than a statement of fact knowing no such statistics exist. You would have to have access to IRS and Social Services records to compare. Being a betting man I would put my money on the Corporate Cheats.

Politics aside, the number of people in need is going to continue to grow. Providing help to those people doesn't create a "welfare state". Ignoring them or telling them to pull themselves up by their bootstraps isn't going to feed them. They have to be provided for.

I agree with you 100% that there are those that need social assistance.....no quarrel with that

oh really - why don't you cite a source if you are going to throw your smack at me? You didn't even recognize the Fairness Doctrine by name until I did.

you said no legislation had ever been enacted, which I refuted. I was also referring to Holder and Pelosi being quoted as saying they would support the Doctrine in its proper application. You have a point - no current legislation....fine, agreed. I have a point: talk of re-enacting the Doctrine is alive and well.

Source: On June 24, 2008, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (who represents most of San Francisco, California) told reporters that her fellow Democratic representatives did not want to forbid reintroduction of the Fairness Doctrine, adding ?the interest in my caucus is the reverse.? When asked by John Gizzi of Human Events, ?Do you personally support revival of the ?Fairness Doctrine???, the Speaker replied "Yes." [22]........WHAT DO HAVE TO SAY TO THIS PATTY ????????

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairness_Doctrine)

What are you insinuating by your asinine, smarmy "rest of my types" BS? I live and work in a suburb of North Atlanta that is different demographically from GA & the rest of the "South" ... real crappy job painting with a broad brush and stereotyping me. My tax dollars go to funding an indigent hospital in downtown Atlanta, so I know about entitlement...if you want to play that card. How you combine entitlement with a discussion on the Fairness Doctrine is beyond me, Patty (....or is it Patti?). You make no sense whatsoever.

Someone needs to put a leash on you b/c you are in fully attack mode. Your raging, foaming at the mouth fury is spouting again....I NEVER said the liberal media hates the US, you liar, so don't put words in my mouth. What I said is that the media will not IMO treat Obama with the same fervor as they did with Bush...there I said it again - what's the big deal? To deny it is to deny there is a liberal media bias - but I guess people with their heads in the sand or stuck somewhere else are intellectually dishonest if they deny this.

You don't know me and you never will, but yet you say I am full of hatred and vileness? why - because we disagree?....seriously, put the leash back on the bitch, or change the dosage on your medication. You look stupid and thin-skinned when you attack someone personally who disagrees with you.

Haha i actually laughed at this one. i said pelosi said it wouldnt come to a vote. it hasnt, it wont. I never put words in your mouth, I made general comments. same thing with your paintbrush, while GA itself doesnt suck my tax dollars all of your neighboring states get as high as $1.77 whereas NY only get $.80 on the dollar. I personally have nothing against you, as wever seen youre very passionate about your beliefs, I do have problems with the political ideology that has put our country in its current state without apology.

Leash? bitch? Im not really concerned whether i look stupid to you. Denying a media bias isnt intellectually dishonest. however i digress.

Haha i actually laughed at this one. i said pelosi said it wouldnt come to a vote. it hasnt, it wont. I never put words in your mouth, I made general comments. same thing with your paintbrush, while GA itself doesnt suck my tax dollars all of your neighboring states get as high as $1.77 whereas NY only get $.80 on the dollar. I personally have nothing against you, as wever seen youre very passionate about your beliefs, I do have problems with the political ideology that has put our country in its current state without apology.

Leash? bitch? Im not really concerned whether i look stupid to you. Denying a media bias isnt intellectually dishonest. however i digress.

nice lame attempt to backtrack. You cite no sources or quotations. I did. Just wait to see what Pelosi does, that's all I am saying. I quoted her directly....not sure how much clearer I can make it. But you are a denier.

All of "my neighboring states"? get off the crack pipe Patti....I am a current Atlantan, native Buffalonian.

Denying a media bias is not only intellectually dishonest, it also is farcical and reduces what little credibility you have. I can freely admit Fox is right-leaning....who cares? You are so arrogant to deny the left wing mainstream bias.....keep on dreaming Patti and living in your bubble.

Not to kick the hornet's nest again, but can someone just make Blagojevich go away? I had to do my workout earlier than usual yesterday and the seniors were watching "The View" where I had to listen to this steaming pile of douchebaggery keep insisting that everything he said was taken out of context and kept telling everyone about all the great things he's done for Illinois as governor. I cannot believe that this guy believes he did nothing wrong, when they wiretapped him and recorded him.

I hope those who are against helping those who have hit hard times never find themselves in need of help. As the economy continues to falter (68,000 jobs lost today according to reports) we are all finding ourselves closer to that poverty line. I guess it's just easier for people to sleep thinking that those on welfare are because they want to be. To believe they are lazy and just looking for handouts. Not to say those people don't exist. I would be willing to bet there are far more Corporate Tax cheats that remain a drain on the American tax payer than those who commit welfare fraud.

Not sure about that however I am sure that the corporate cheats are way ahead in the dollar count as far as money cheating goes..

I do believe the constant berating of any Dem/Lib politician or view and the consistent prop of all things "right" is a good indicator. If can't see this then the rabbit hole runs real deep with you.

au contraire, if you can't see that the "mainstream" networks are the exact inverse of how Fox chooses to report and position the news, then you are the one whose rabbit hole runs real deep.

It is a well known reality the non-Fox networks have always maintained a left-leaning bias....so be it. Fox exists to offer a format & content which is counter to the mainstream paradigm....big deal. I watch them all and gather my own conclusions.

Anything wrong with that? I think it is pretty American to have our precious First Amendment protected.... otherwise we'd be looking at a monopoly of the airwaves.

au contraire, if you can't see that the "mainstream" networks are the exact inverse of how Fox chooses to report and position the news, then you are the one whose rabbit hole runs real deep.

It is a well known reality the non-Fox networks have always maintained a left-leaning bias....so be it. Fox exists to offer a format & content which is counter to the mainstream paradigm....big deal. I watch them all and gather my own conclusions.

Anything wrong with that? I think it is pretty American to have our precious First Amendment protected.... otherwise we'd be looking at a monopoly of the airwaves.

Man, I really tried to stay out of this. This just is not true. When you are on the right, everything else looks left. I've worked for the mainstream media for almost twenty years now, and the things I have heard off air, behind the scenes, about what they want to cover and why have at times made me completely crazy. So the fact that I'm on the left and think they lean right, and you think they lean left, tells me that they are probably near the middle on most things.

Man, I really tried to stay out of this. This just is not true. When you are on the right, everything else looks left. I've worked for the mainstream media for almost twenty years now, and the things I have heard off air, behind the scenes, about what they want to cover and why have at times made me completely crazy. So the fact that I'm on the left and think they lean right, and you think they lean left, tells me that they are probably near the middle on most things.

I guess it would depend on which portion of the mainstream media you have worked and experienced what you are describing - but I can respect your experience and opinions. I would also surmise that different outlets have different shades or degrees of bias. But to say, for example, that MSNBC, Chris Matthews, and Keith Olbermann do no come across as left leaning is plain wrong. It's there, plain and simple.

Could you imagine, as an another example, if Timothy Geithner had been a Republican nominee for his position, then it was revealed he had failed to pay over $42k in back taxes he "overlooked"? He would have been scrutinized & pilloried by the media to the point where the nomination might have been retracted, and the media in so doing would have created a public outrage. Did that happen in this case b/c Geithner was a Democratic nominee? NO

I am not saying bias is a bad thing; to make the case it does not exist IMO is disengenuous. Let's just acknowledge it's there, and the smart ones among us can make the determination on their own what to believe as "news"...

Could you imagine, as an another example, if Timothy Geithner had been a Republican nominee for his position, then it was revealed he had failed to pay over $42k in back taxes he "overlooked"? He would have been scrutinized & pilloried by the media to the point where the nomination might have been retracted, and the media in so doing would have created a public outrage. Did that happen in this case b/c Geithner was a Democratic nominee? NO

It still amazes me he got confirmed. Humans make transgressions. Certain transgressions can be forgiven.. It depends who you are and what you are trying to become. Examples in my mind of unforgiveable transgressions are:

Geithner wanting to be a T-man and not paying taxes.

Caroline Kennedy wanting to be a Senator but didn't have the wherewithall to vote

Jesse Jackson having a mistress and a child by her..

John Edwards campaigning to be President while catting around on his wife stricken with cancer

Eliot Spitzer who is the re-incarnation of Eliot Ness getting caught up in a prostitution sting

Sorry didn't mean to just demonize the democrats... I guess the democrats get caught up in stupid decisions and the republicans get caught up in graft. What a country...

I for one have no confidence in Geithner. He was part of the NY Fed so a lot of the current fiscal policies fall on his shoulders already.

The more I hear about this 850B and rising stimulus package, the more incensed I get. This is the most pork-laden package in US history..

I guess it would depend on which portion of the mainstream media you have worked and experienced what you are describing - but I can respect your experience and opinions. I would also surmise that different outlets have different shades or degrees of bias. But to say, for example, that MSNBC, Chris Matthews, and Keith Olbermann do no come across as left leaning is plain wrong. It's there, plain and simple.

I am not saying bias is a bad thing; to make the case it does not exist IMO is disengenuous. Let's just acknowledge it's there, and the smart ones among us can make the determination on their own what to believe as "news"...

Olbermann is as left as O'Reilly is right. And as much as I agree with what he says, I really can't stand the way he says it and won't watch. The only reason that either one is even on TV is because they are so inflammatory.

I have learned that to get upset over how a certain news outlet feels about an issue or how they present a story is pointless. I'll read about it and make up my own mind how to feel about it. I work in television and I can say that it is the absolute worst possible way to keep oneself informed, because that is not their job. Their only job is to get you to keep watching.

Olbermann is as left as O'Reilly is right. And as much as I agree with what he says, I really can't stand the way he says it and won't watch. The only reason that either one is even on TV is because they are so inflammatory.

I have learned that to get upset over how a certain news outlet feels about an issue or how they present a story is pointless. I'll read about it and make up my own mind how to feel about it. I work in television and I can say that it is the absolute worst possible way to keep oneself informed, because that is not their job. Their only job is to get you to keep watching.

agreed, totally

I didn't mention them, so why are you? Let's stay on topic.. Fox News in the conservative voice. It's ok, accept it, live with it.

why is what I said off topic? Just b/c you didn't mention the mainstream media, I was trying to make a point that these networks are a consistent prop of all things "left", to parse your words, the inverse and polar opposite of Fox. Sorry you missed my point.

No quarrel with the fact that Fox is the conservative voice....I'm not debating that.

Archived