[OT] So comforting

PASabreFan

What exactly was that? Starting a needless war in Iraq. You know the terrorists got exactly what they thought would happen... They knew we would throw the baby out with the bathwater.

It is the western financial system that they want to take down. And in 8 years they seem to be doing a very nice job. Bush bit hook line and sinker. And if we keep on going down that road, the very fabric of our society will unravel from within.

Bush's initial reaction was perfect for 9/11 until he had our country invade Iraq. The man did not just sit still w/ his thumb up his arss. If he did, you'd be mad about that right now. Remember, the entire Senate, first time in our Nation's history, backed our President's course of action.

ahh, there we go again with the tax cuts "for the rich". Right out of the playbook.....

Reverse tax cuts for the wealthy. Yes, Obama campaigned on a platform of ending Bush tax cuts for Americans earning more than $250,000, but now his economic team is talking about letting those tax cuts expire in 2010. Don't get me wrong. Obamaland is right to put off raising taxes during a recession.

I'm not making this stuff up.

Closing Gitmo.

Restoring funding to international organizations that help women with abortions.

I even saw on the front page this morning that the FDA has authorized stem cell testing on humans.

Looks like in the first few days things are already getting fixed.

According to your opinion of things, everything's already getting fixed.....

the U.S. government has no business funding international organizations that help women kill babies, I mean help women with abortions.

According to your opinion of things, everything's already getting fixed.....

the U.S. government has no business funding international organizations that help women kill babies, I mean help women with abortions.

You are so right. Why would any responsible government what to provide detailed information as well as access to clean safe medical facilities to women? Let's send them back to the days of dirty back alleys and coat hangers.

Things are getting fixed. This country was built on individual rights and freedoms. It is the basis of the "American Dream". It will take time to undue the damage the W caused to this country's ideals and international reputation. It will take a lot of hard work and some tough yet intelligent decision making to repair. Luckily for us we now have a intelligent articulate President who is surrounding himself with some intelligent articulate people in some very important positions.

You have hid your true colors pretty well until this post. This is kool-aid drinking at it's finest.

Another genious with the tru colors remark...You dont know me...Just to give you a history lesson on myself...10 years in the Marine Corps.. Go to CHurch and try and live an honest hardworking life.Raise 4 kids pay taxes and love my wife...There's my true colors drink that koolaid....

You are so right. Why would any responsible government what to provide detailed information as well as access to clean safe medical facilities to women? Let's send them back to the days of dirty back alleys and coat hangers.

Things are getting fixed. This country was built on individual rights and freedoms. It is the basis of the "American Dream". It will take time to undue the damage the W caused to this country's ideals and international reputation. It will take a lot of hard work and some tough yet intelligent decision making to repair. Luckily for us we now have a intelligent articulate President who is surrounding himself with some intelligent articulate people in some very important positions.

My point is that this funding is the responsibility of other countries' institutions....why should we be funding this boondoggle when we have a myriad of our own peoples' problems to fix?

You're right, we now have a Messiah, I mean President, who is very articulate and rhetorically says all the right things to those with a grievance. Let's see if he deliver on all the things he has promised. I wish him well as our new President for our country's sake.

My point is that this funding is the responsibility of other countries' institutions....why should we be funding this boondoggle when we have a myriad of our own peoples' problems to fix?

You're right, we now have a Messiah, I mean President, who is very articulate and rhetorically says all the right things to those with a grievance. Let's see if he deliver on all the things he has promised. I wish him well as our new President for our country's sake.

Why this funding? If there is funding to be cut to international organizations I am sure there are many outside the field of medicine that can be cut. Funding to international health organizations should be the last to get cut. The US is a world leader in medicine and we should share advances with all nations. Just imagine what a better world it would be if the billions of dollars given to Halliburton, oops I meant rebuilding Iraq, were used to fund humanitarian efforts. Do you have any idea how many lives could be saved with the cost of one missile? Spending money on education and providing birth control would go a long way to reducing the numbers of abortions world wide. It would also reduce the numbers of babies seemingly born to die of disease and malnourishment.

Our new President isn't a Messiah. He's a huge improvement over the lower standard of leadership this country has endured over the past eight years. Time will tell what President Obama is able to accomplish. I just hope he keeps one promise that his predecessor never even considered keeping. That would be to uphold and defend the Constitution.

Another genious with the tru colors remark...You dont know me...Just to give you a history lesson on myself...10 years in the Marine Corps.. Go to CHurch and try and live an honest hardworking life.Raise 4 kids pay taxes and love my wife...There's my true colors drink that koolaid....

Does your wife know she comes in third? :rolleyes: If at all :rolleyes:

Why this funding? If there is funding to be cut to international organizations I am sure there are many outside the field of medicine that can be cut. Funding to international health organizations should be the last to get cut. The US is a world leader in medicine and we should share advances with all nations. Just imagine what a better world it would be if the billions of dollars given to Halliburton, oops I meant rebuilding Iraq, were used to fund humanitarian efforts. Do you have any idea how many lives could be saved with the cost of one missile? Spending money on education and providing birth control would go a long way to reducing the numbers of abortions world wide. It would also reduce the numbers of babies seemingly born to die of disease and malnourishment.

Our new President isn't a Messiah. He's a huge improvement over the lower standard of leadership this country has endured over the past eight years. Time will tell what President Obama is able to accomplish. I just hope he keeps one promise that his predecessor never even considered keeping. That would be to uphold and defend the Constitution.

There is no way you can understand my point of view because of your thick skull - you twisted my point around to suit your own agenda and that's fine. Just don't pretend you are offering a clever rebuttal when you are being disingenuous.

Does upholding & defending the Constitution also mean protecting our country? Yes it does and I hope for you and your family's sake that he does this. I hope Obama makes and keeps one promise - that Government doesn't usurp power through taxation and social programs to dictate who gets "opportunity" versus those who actually work for it.

Intelligent and articulate doesn't necessarily translate into doing the right thing. Wall Street is full of intelligent and articulate people. Heck the Treasury Secretary to be didn't understand the tax code well enough to pay his own taxes or he outright cheated. I'm willing to bet he is intelligent and articulate. Richardson pulled out as Commerce Sec because of intelligent and articulate decisions he is alleged to have made. John Edwards.. well you know his story..

All we can hope for at this juncture is that these folks use reasoned judgment and make decisions that are good for the country.

I would like to meet you....I am sure you type a good game.You are themost repulsive poster I have ever read..Why don't you give me a call 491-1593...We can find out how repulsive you are in person....

I'd I'll keep you waiting. :lol: If this you way to meet men I suggest you try other means. I'm not interested. :thumbdown:

Just what I figured..Your all talk..But I figured as much..Keep hiding behind your keyboard...Make sure mommy turns the light out when she puts you to bed :rolleyes:

Intelligent and articulate doesn't necessarily translate into doing the right thing. Wall Street is full of intelligent and articulate people. Heck the Treasury Secretary to be didn't understand the tax code well enough to pay his own taxes or he outright cheated. I'm willing to bet he is intelligent and articulate. Richardson pulled out as Commerce Sec because of intelligent and articulate decisions he is alleged to have made. John Edwards.. well you know his story..

All we can hope for at this juncture is that these folks use reasoned judgment and make decisions that are good for the country.

The sad thing is there really appears to be two United States. The divisions in the country have really come to light over the past eight years. Decisions may be made that greatly improve the country as I see it. There are those who will never recognize those decisions as improvements. Just take a look at this thread. There are those who saw this election as much needed change and hope for the future. There are those who see it as the beginning of the end.

Just what I figured..Your all talk..But I figured as much..Keep hiding behind your keyboard...Make sure mommy turns the light out when she puts you to bed :rolleyes:

You are hilarious. I don't mix Sabre Space with real life. Don't feel hurt or rejected you're not the first person to send me their phone number. I'm really not interested. Try Ellicot Creek Park.

If you are trying to be funny with that crappy insult, you are wrong. That was pathetic and there is no place for that on this Board.

I have to agree, you talk a big game behind your PC and keyboard.

If you are trying to be funny with that crappy insult, you are wrong. That was pathetic and there is no place for that on this Board.

I have to agree, you talk a big game behind your PC and keyboard.

This isn't church. If you don't like my posts don't read them. I do believe there is a block function. Try using it. That way if my posts get too racy for you they will be blocked.

This isn't church. If you don't like my posts don't read them. I do believe there is a block function. Try using it. That way if my posts get too racy for you they will be blocked.

I never said it was church, Mr. Atheist. I have right to comment on your posts and in this case you deserve to be called out b/c it was a crappy post, it was a personal attack and had nothing to do the spirit of this board.

I was merely commenting on a post you sent someone else. Looks like you have neither the spine nor sack to handle a little criticism. If you can't handle it, don't post something so idiotic. Since I didn't receive the post from you, how can I block it? Please enlighten me o Great One..... :worthy:

I never said it was church, Mr. Atheist. I have right to comment on your posts and in this case you deserve to be called out b/c it was a crappy post, it was a personal attack and had nothing to do the spirit of this board.

I was merely commenting on a post you sent someone else. Looks like you have neither the spine nor sack to handle a little criticism. If you can't handle it, don't post something so idiotic. Since I didn't receive the post from you, how can I block it? Please enlighten me o Great One..... :worthy:

If you consider that a personal attack you really need to stay far away from my posts.

Go to My Controls - Manage Ignored Users. Add my name. The only way I think you would see my posts is if someone were to quote me. How often does that happen? I really suggest you do this. I don't think your delicate sensibilities can handle my posts. Trust me, they get a lot worse when I'm in the mood.

You make very good points with your post.....especially the last statement. That is all that of all us are asking regardless of which side of the political aisle we sit.

Amazing though, that Geithner made it through the appointment process after his "oversight" of not paying taxes....or is really that amazing? :wallbash:

Archived