Slightly OT - Avery's big mouth gets him in big trouble

carpandean

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/12/02/..._sloppyseconds/

Super-pest Sean Avery of the Dallas Stars has been suspended indefinitely by the NHL for conduct "detrimental to the league or game of hockey"

------

"I'm really happy to be back in Calgary. I love Canada," the Stars forward said. "I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds.

------

Phaneuf is dating Canadian actress Elisha Cuthbert, who once went out with Avery.

Good to see that he's still a class act. This should give him some more time to work on his purse collection.

Only problem is, Phaneuf would destroy Avery.

I'd love to watch Phaneuf pound Avery.

lol wow, he gets suspended for that? what is this highschool? get real.

Yeah, who would have figured that a multi-million dollar corporation frowns on its employees making juvenile sex jokes in the media? It's not like the NHL is concerned about its image or anything.... :doh:

I think the Stars and the NHL should have made Avery play tonight so Phaneuf could beat his little gay ass! Then suspend him tomorrow.

I'm sure Avery has said things in the past to his ex girlfriend that have gotten back to Phaneuf. Avery probably planned this so he would get suspended and not have to face Phaneuf like a man. I could see that spineless little turd doing something like that.

Don't worry, based on ratings no one's listening.

Maybe not, but you still can't have a jackass like him making sexually suggestive comments to the media.

It speaks volumes that his direct employer and teammates are supporting the league's suspension. Interesting that it took Avery all of two months before his act grew tiresome in Dallas...

Maybe not, but you still can't have a jackass like him making sexually suggestive comments to the media.

It speaks volumes that his direct employer and teammates are supporting the league's suspension. Interesting that it took Avery all of two months before his act grew tiresome in Dallas...

It's not just suggestive, it's offensive; look at it from Cuthbert's point of view.

Am I the only one who thinks this is hilarious? :ph34r:

No. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Oh... This just keeps on confirming my belief that the NHL is a joke for suspending him for this reason... Like anybody is listening.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention NHL.

I can feel BM's footsteps a flaming soon... ;) ;) :nana:

And it's plain moronic, as I'm pretty sure Mr. Nobody wasn't the first to "play on that field" anyhow.

Idiot - Mr. Nobody, not you.

Ya it was... But come on! He's kinda right... She does seem to be making the rounds arounf the NHL.

This is just plain silly... Again, it was disrespectful... I am no Avery fan... Yet... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Again - Who IS this Avery guy?

perfect. love it. his being a non-factor in that series is such a fond memory for me.

that is way over the top

it's really absurd, isn't it? so, the league is still ambivalent about handing out stiff suspensions for head shots, but comments from a diva in the media about his former girlfriend's va-jay-jay, that's something that will be met with a swift and stern rebuke. :death:

Archived