Official Mark Mancari Speculation thread

What will happen to Mancari once Kotalik is back (presumably on Monday)? Will he be sent down? Will someone else be benched? WILL HE PRESS THE RED BUTTON?

The best I have is that I wouldn't doubt that Kaleta is made a healthy scratch. Or, Mancari goes back down. As much as I like Kaleta, I would prefer he's scratched rather than send Mancari back down.

I guess it's always possible we trade Max for a pick and open up a spot that way - but that's the least likely to happen IMHO.

could he be the big power forward that we have been clamoring about for years? Last night, that line finally looked like a checking line that the opponent feared. I think there's no way that mancari goes back, but you never know... The dude could put in 12 goals tonight and lindy may still send him back to make room for kotalik.

Less we forget that they could be showcasing him to. Maybe the only way they can move someone like a Max/Tallinder type that the other team would want someone like Mancari. I'm guessing this would only be done to get a a top 3 line player in return...not picks.

Personally...I think this would be a mistake. Seeing Mancari in that 25, and his skill around the net has to make everyone think back to our other 25 Dandy Andy!

As long as they put Connolly on IR, as Kotalik comes off of it, they have a roster spot for him. The question is, who sits? Everyone has been playing well. I'm not even sure that they will sit Peters with Laraque in the lineup tonight. That means two other players would have to sit (assuming Kotalik does play tonight) for Mark to play.

I wouldn't be shocked if Mancari was in a Pirates uniform by the end of next week, but if not then Sabres are going to have a decision to make by Dec 9th when Mancari play's in his 10th NHL game.... You know he'll get claimed so they need to make decision if they want to keep him up or move somebody else.

They could send Kaleta down creating a spot for him without making a trade.

Either way, the Sabres will have to make some sort of move.

They could send Kaleta down creating a spot for him without making a trade.

I think this may be the way to go. Kaleta seems like a liability now that refs are making those reputation calls against him when he breathes on an opposing player. Maybe some time away would lessen that reputation (not that it would take long to regain it).

More we remember?

(My first post via blackberry)

Nice isn't it? I've never posted here with my curve, but I absolutely love everything t here is to love with the blackberry

How dare you support that swine!!

Hey, sometimes you have to support the beast.

Archived