Game Discussion Thread

darksabre

I see one of two things happening with Mancari tonight (or possibly, in the case of #2, happening next game because of tonight):

1) He looks like he has in the past when called up to the NHL. Mair moves to the Paille-Gaustad line and Peters, Kaleta and Mancari spend most of the night gathering splinters; or

2) He steps up, shows some major heart and ends up being swapped with Stafford on the second line (Roy's line, I believe, despite the order shown in the article.) We all know that Stafford hasn't done anything lately, so perhaps Mark takes his spot.

As for the comment about not being strong down the center. Unless we trade for someone to replace Connolly, those have been and likely will be the four centers that we use with Connolly out of the lineup. Sometimes, I wonder if swapping MacArthur and Hecht might work. Crazy, I know, but Clarke's production has dropped considerably since being moved from the second-line center position that he had when Hecht and Connolly were both out. Plus, he did seem to have some chemistry with Pommer. Unfortunately, I haven't found a game-by-game (with wins and losses, not just %) listing for faceoffs to see if he has improved any. He he started out terrible, but was working with Gaustad to improve. It wouldn't take much to be better than Hecht, though.

Mancari up. Max and Hank to sit per Buffalo News blog.

Too lazy to look it up. I assume Paetch is filling in for Hank? Gosh I wish they would've called up Weber. The guy was around +11 during the last portion of the season. The d needs a wake up call and some temporary changes can do that.

Mancari up. Max and Hank to sit per Buffalo News blog.

This is what I like to see.

I can see where Lindy is coming from. You try to give people chances to change things. I've got a house mate who I've been friends with since high school, and he's terrible at paying the rent on time. I've been extremely forgiving about it, hoping that he would fix his mistakes. But my patience has run out, and it looks like Lindy's has too. So I can understand trying to give people a chance to turn their game around. I think it can be hard to get tough on people, especially players like Max and hank who have been around this team a long time. It wouldn't be a far stretch to say that they might be friends with Lindy after all these years. I think the idea of being benched by Lindy if you're a vet is the equivalent of knowing you've failed him greatly. I don't think it's something he likes to do, but when he does do it, you know you f*cked up.

I can see where Lindy is coming from. You try to give people chances to change things. I've got a house mate who I've been friends with since high school, and he's terrible at paying the rent on time. I've been extremely forgiving about it, hoping that he would fix his mistakes. But my patience has run out, and it looks like Lindy's has too.

So what happened? did you boot him?

Vanek-Hecht-Pominville

Paille-Gaustad-Mancari

MacArthur-Roy-Stafford

Kaleta-Mair-Peters

Still not scared of this lineup...

Far from being scared. Goose has been pure garbage all season. Now he's with a guy who's always been a bum in the NHL, Mancari.

Lazy bum Stafford is with Roy which will make him ineffective tonight.

And Kaleta, Mair and Peters is probably one of the worst lines in hockey.

But, we do have Pommer the Bomber and TV on the top line! YAY!

Far from being scared. Goose has been pure garbage all season. Now he's with a guy who's always been a bum in the NHL, Mancari.

Lazy bum Stafford is with Roy which will make him ineffective tonight.

And Kaleta, Mair and Peters is probably one of the worst lines in hockey.

So much for being the board cheerleader. :lol:

Too lazy to look it up. I assume Paetch is filling in for Hank? Gosh I wish they would've called up Weber. The guy was around +11 during the last portion of the season. The d needs a wake up call and some temporary changes can do that.

FWIW, I thought he looked somewhere between pedestrian and just plain bad on his recall this year.

FWIW, I thought he looked somewhere between pedestrian and just plain bad on his recall this year.

Wasn't that during the preseason?

And I know I'll stupid for this, but what the heck does FWIW stand for?

Archived