Game Discussion Thread

darksabre

I swear to god, if I see a "WTF arm wave" from Miller tonight, I am coming down from the 300's, climbing over the glass, I will get within a few feet of him and give him my own version of the "WTF arm wave" except mine will include my middle finger raised on both hands. This will then be followed up by me driving him into the net before security knows what is happening and I am taken away for a psychiatric evaluation.

:D :D

Now that's funny as H E double hockey sticks........I can almost picture that in my mind. :lol:

As I suggested in the other thread. Maybe it's time for Ruff to move on.

I'd almost say it would be the honorable thing to do. Everyone says Ruff will decide when to walk. Well... you had 11 years, Bud. Step aside and let the next cheap former Sabre have his shot.

I'd almost say it would be the honorable thing to do. Everyone says Ruff will decide when to walk. Well... you had 11 years, Bud. Step aside and let the next cheap former Sabre have his shot.

Dumbass remark.

Dumbass remark.

What part? :)

You wanna go? Let's go!

Seriously, when he was hired, you don't think being a former Sabre helped him? You don't think as a young assistant coach, he wasn't the cheap option? If Ruff has "lost" this group, you don't think it would be honorable of him to step down? I don't expect management to rip up a playoff caliber team because the coach can't get them there. It's much easier to replace the coach.

What part? :)

You wanna go? Let's go!

Seriously, when he was hired, you don't think being a former Sabre helped him? You don't think as a young assistant coach, he wasn't the cheap option? If Ruff has "lost" this group, you don't think it would be honorable of him to step down? I don't expect management to rip up a playoff caliber team because the coach can't get them there. It's much easier to replace the coach.

"You wanna go? Let's go!"

Umm...can you say you have issues?

You, people on this board, and I have no idea what's going on behind closed doors. What makes you think he may have lost control of this team? What makes you think this is a guranteed playoff team? Haven't you noticed a team that is soft hitting and lacks depth up the middle? That is not a guranteed playoff team. It's a team w/ a chance...nothing more. What makes you think Ruff is THE problem and if he's replaced things will be fixed. How come you haven't looked at management. They are the ones who put a team together, not the coach. The NHL is going back to it's old ways and the Sabres have a long way to go for the transition. Actually, they need to get started. Can I say management again? How can you blame that on Ruff? A coach is a VITAL part of a team, but the players have to put out. Ruff was a good coach from the get go and he has recently won coach of the year. That means he is still a great coach. Buffalo is lucky to have the guy.

Also, quit getting into arguments w/ people on this board. I'm not saying you're agruing w/ me, but you have had pointless arguments w/ people on this board. That is childish and pathetic. I don't know what your age is, but you need to grow up. Debates are fine, but "You wanna go? Let's go!" is not.

Game thoughts...

-Went to the game last night.

-The first 15 minutes of the game was a huge disappointment considering the benchings and the poor effort in Boston. No emotion, no fire, just skating around like zombies until the 5 on 3.

-Miller has to make that save on Carter.

-I saw very little from the "stars" last night.

-I have been giving Roy the benefit of the doubt, but he continues to make bad decisions in terms of when to carry the puck into the zone versus dumping it in.

-Two 5 on 3's for over a minute each, yet a goose egg on the scoreboard...UNACCEPTABLE.

-The boxscore says 40 saves for Biron. I say he was not tested that much.

-Where is the Jochen Hecht from the last few years?

"You wanna go? Let's go!"

Umm...can you say you have issues?

You, people on this board, and I have no idea what's going on behind closed doors. What makes you think he may have lost control of this team? What makes you think this is a guranteed playoff team? Haven't you noticed a team that is soft hitting and lacks depth up the middle? That is not a guranteed playoff team. It's a team w/ a chance...nothing more. What makes you think Ruff is THE problem and if he's replaced things will be fixed. How come you haven't looked at management. They are the ones who put a team together, not the coach. The NHL is going back to it's old ways and the Sabres have a long way to go for the transition. Actually, they need to get started. Can I say management again? How can you blame that on Ruff? A coach is a VITAL part of a team, but the players have to put out. Ruff was a good coach from the get go and he has recently won coach of the year. That means he is still a great coach. Buffalo is lucky to have the guy.

Also, quit getting into arguments w/ people on this board. I'm not saying you're agruing w/ me, but you have had pointless arguments w/ people on this board. That is childish and pathetic. I don't know what your age is, but you need to grow up. Debates are fine, but "You wanna go? Let's go!" is not.

Kind of a joke. If you don't get the hockey reference, oh well.

Search continues for my new bitch. This is too easy. Maybe BM will come around. At least he's been responding to my posts lately. Note to self: push harder. That's what she said.

I don't know about this new/old NHL business. The team is built to play a certain style (we had "press the attack, ask Miller to make a big save at the right time" drilled into our heads) and that style had success. Ruff wants to change it and it's not working. The players hate him for it. Fitting a square peg into a round hole goes to coaching. I'm sorry, I have no doubt this team is good enough to make the playoffs. It's not asking all that much. As crappy as they've played, they're still on very close to a playoff pace.

Sign Dumont, Grier,Drury,Campbell..End Of story..You dont giveaway talent like that for Rivet......

Really? Do I need to explain any of those to you? The only one that makes sense is Campbell, who we could have had. And how you could still possibly be on that boggles my mind.

Kind of a joke. If you don't get the hockey reference, oh well.

Search continues for my new bitch. This is too easy. Maybe BM will come around. At least he's been responding to my posts lately. Note to self: push harder. That's what she said.

I don't know about this new/old NHL business. The team is built to play a certain style (we had "press the attack, ask Miller to make a big save at the right time" drilled into our heads) and that style had success. Ruff wants to change it and it's not working. The players hate him for it. Fitting a square peg into a round hole goes to coaching. I'm sorry, I have no doubt this team is good enough to make the playoffs. It's not asking all that much. As crappy as they've played, they're still on very close to a playoff pace.

"Note to self: push harder. That's what she said."

Are you going to start the "you're momma so..." stuff next. Man, grow up and get a life.

Through the 06/07 season, the Sabres style had success because of the SHORT LIVED new nhl. Things have gone back to the old style and the Sabres have not adapted. It appears as if Ruff is trying to get back to the old style and that is the right decision. If you didn't notice, the Sabres were playing a more old style of play at the beginning of season. This is when Buffalo had key players out w/ injuries. Look at their opening record and that'll speak for itself. Buffalo has sucked the last 10 games or so. It is ONLY becaues of their start they are still w/ in playoff contention. Use common sense.

"Note to self: push harder. That's what she said."

Are you going to start the "you're momma so..." stuff next. Man, grow up and get a life.

Through the 06/07 season, the Sabres style had success because of the SHORT LIVED new nhl. Things have gone back to the old style and the Sabres have not adapted. It appears as if Ruff is trying to get back to the old style and that is the right decision. If you didn't notice, the Sabres were playing a more old style of play at the beginning of season. This is when Buffalo had key players out w/ injuries. Look at their opening record and that'll speak for itself. Buffalo has sucked the last 10 games or so. It is ONLY becaues of their start they are still w/ in playoff contention. Use common sense.

The goalies made more saves the first eight games. I don't think "style of play" had a lot to do with it. Play old style hockey and win, don't play it and lose is too much of a simplification for me.

Yo mama's so dumb she didn't teach her kid the difference between you're and your.

inkman, you got my back here? Wait, what are you doing back there?!

It's the only thing he thinks he must be good at. He starts crap with everybody. I really don't think he was hugged enough as a child, although for some reason I can see him escaping from his dungeon and chasing children trying to hug them now.

It's the only thing he thinks he must be good at. He starts crap with everybody. I really don't think he was hugged enough as a child, although for some reason I can see him escaping from his dungeon and chasing children trying to hug them now.

Given your avatar, you must have missed some hugs too. That's usually the case with men who objectify and demean women.

Given your avatar, you must have missed some hugs too. That's usually the case with men who objectify and demean women.

PA,

I think "Old grumpy bastard" sums it all up for you.

You're quick!

Now take your big wheel and get off my driveway! You and your punk friends with your walkie talkies! That radio frequency goes right through my bridgework!

umm...ok. That was stupid, but whatever floats your boat.

Actually men who enjoy good looking women will use good looking women for avatars. I think I might have seen one, maybe two on this board and some others.

Now someone who has an avatar of yellow tree leaves......that might leave people to wonder what is up with said person. Are you by chance a dendrophiliac?

Actually men who enjoy good looking women will use good looking women for avatars. I think I might have seen one, maybe two on this board and some others.

Now someone who has an avatar of yellow tree leaves......that might leave people to wonder what is up with said person. Are you by chance a dendrophiliac?

Are you an anti-Dentite by any chance?

I had a man crush on Bob Ross, yes.

Man, do we need a win in the worst way.

No offense... I thought that it was the other way. Guys who do this and especially talk about their sexual exploits turn out to be latently gay.

:nana: :nana:

I am just funning you, no offense... But, it kind of holds true...

Archived