Game Discussion Thread

darksabre

And let's hope the message isn't only being send to Hank and Max tonight. Hopefully Ryan Miller gets the message loud and clear and gets 60 minutes to sit on the bench to think about it all.

:blink:

Yeah, because he might really think his job is in jeopardy if Lalime and his 0.878 save percentage win tonight, inspiring him to try harder.

I hope they get a spark tonight too, I have no problem shaking up the lineup, but come on ... let's not completely lose our minds before the end of November. He knows he is playing like #%^$#!, I am quite sure, and it's not from lack of effort. Does he strike you as the kind of guys who thinks everything is OK? He's their best goalie, they are struggling as a whole, they need to trust the guy ... hell, if he had played great they still would have been lucky to get a point the other night.

:blink:

Yeah, because he might really think his job is in jeopardy if Lalime and his 0.878 save percentage win tonight, inspiring him to try harder.

I hope they get a spark tonight too, I have no problem shaking up the lineup, but come on ... let's not completely lose our minds before the end of November. He knows he is playing like #%^$#!, I am quite sure, and it's not from lack of effort. Does he strike you as the kind of guys who thinks everything is OK? He's their best goalie, they are struggling as a whole, they need to trust the guy ... hell, if he had played great they still would have been lucky to get a point the other night.

Hey, if Marty could do it then so can Lalime.

I swear to god, if I see a "WTF arm wave" from Miller tonight, I am coming down from the 300's, climbing over the glass, I will get within a few feet of him and give him my own version of the "WTF arm wave" except mine will include my middle finger raised on both hands. This will then be followed up by me driving him into the net before security knows what is happening and I am taken away for a psychiatric evaluation.

:D :D

I swear to god, if I see a "WTF arm wave" from Miller tonight, I am coming down from the 300's, climbing over the glass, I will get within a few feet of him and give him my own version of the "WTF arm wave" except mine will include my middle finger raised on both hands. This will then be followed up by me driving him into the net before security knows what is happening and I am taken away for a psychiatric evaluation.

:D :D

I hate it too ... can't say I never did it, but I hate it ... you just can't do that, you have to at least give the illusion nothing can rattle you.

That said, I stand by what I said above ... if he can't right the ship and regain his form, they are screwed no matter what ... changing Lalime's "schedule" they supposedly have for him to punish Miller is not the answer.

EDIT/ADDITION: You know what that arm wave reminds me of? It reminds me of poker pro Phil Helmuth whining like a baby about getting beat on the river. Hey, Phil, it's a 7-card game. The last card counts too. You are GAMBLING, it happens. Shut up. Same thing with Miller ... screens and bounces happen. You better deal with it, forget about it and move on. If you can't, THAT'S why you lose, not because of the bad bounce. It's how you reacted to it.

I hate having Hecht at center either way you slice it. Hes a natural winger. And i dont really care for Vanek and Pominville on the same line. But it has been working the past 3 games. I'd much rather see Roy with Hecht and Pommer. That leaves the top line thin down the middle. But perhaps Mc Carthur would fit in well there with Paille? Idk.

Were so weak at center its unreal. I've supported Connolly ever since he got received his knee injury against Kasparaitis in feburary of 2006(remember that!). Thats when alot of the questions about his reliablity started to surface. I thought with the losses of Drury and Briere,Connolly would step in and secure a number 1 or at least number 2 center spot. But last year was horrible for him. This is his final year and hes missed more than half of the games already. He must either come in and play a huge streak of games(while putting up good numbers),like 30 games. Or become an even bigger head case this offseason. If its the latter,then we gottta let him go. And fill that number 2 center spot with a strong power center. It has taken me awhile to come to this conclusion. But at some point i have to consider myself a bigger fan of the sabres and hope that they do whats best for the team. However i still feel Connolly is by far the best player on the team,when hes healthy. And i still have faith that he'll prove to the organization that hes worth another contract.

And you wonder why I tune out your bullcrap. Maybe you need a new pair of specs, but that was shrader who said that, not me.

You a ventriloquist now? Or just a dummy?

"Yeah I think I'm calling it a night. I've been kicked in the junk too much by Buffalo sports over the last few weeks. I'd have to be a masochist to continue watching this."

blah blah blah

Yet again, more garbage comes off your keyboard. Course that's what happens when you make assumptions. I made an offhand comment about turning off a blowout game, but being the glutton for punishment that I am (evidenced by the fact that I keep responding to your crap) I kept the game on in a separate window while I was working. After the game other posters talk about being done with the team until the team shows they care, and yet once again you single me out.

You should see a doctor about your unhealthy obsession with me. My name pops up in your posts waaaaaay too often.

Un :censored: believable. Roy has a great 1st period, dominated them on the PP, get 4 outstanding chances, and then Miller goes down when Hartnell's at the face-off dot... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Not saying goalies are not all mental cases... But, man Miller head is screwed... It gets even worse when he loses his focus during a game!

Now they have a 5-3 (again)... And they are spuddering... :wallbash: :wallbash:

Archived