Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

This is more of a frustration than a complaint, but here it goes...

So, next week, I referee my first ever ice hockey game. It is my first year of officiating with USA Hockey, so I am really friggin nervous. The rules and such aren't such a big problem, it's the skating. I pretty much have exclusively played organized roller hockey for about 10 years, with very limited Ice Hockey (It's not really big around here, as far as adult leagues and pickup games go.)

I can skate pretty well, but I am still learning the stopping thing. I'm fairly positive that most of the Mites that I ref next week will be better at stopping than I am.

Prepare to be heckled. And heaven help you if you fall. Just do your little spin stop thing. People will look at you funny, but there is nothing worse (or better, from the fan's perspective) than the ref falling down.

For the last couple months, I feel like I've just been going through the motions 24/7. Work, gym, sleep, work, gym, sleep... There's nothing new, nothing I'm enjoying lately.

Sounds like a good time for "Road Trip". A few weeks back I was actually not looking forward to my annual Bills game roadtrip,(Jags game) we went anyways. It started a little slow on Saturday night and then as night went on we just let loose and it turned into a blast of a weekend, Bills game included, best road trip in a long time.

My complaint, no roadtrips on my calendar now for the forseeable future...

Sounds like a good time for "Road Trip". A few weeks back I was actually not looking forward to my annual Bills game roadtrip,(Jags game) we went anyways. It started a little slow on Saturday night and then as night went on we just let loose and it turned into a blast of a weekend, Bills game included, best road trip in a long time.

I've been trying to put a couple things together, but so far people are unresponsive. We'll see.

Prepare to be heckled. And heaven help you if you fall. Just do your little spin stop thing. People will look at you funny, but there is nothing worse (or better, from the fan's perspective) than the ref falling down.

Heh, yeah, that is what I am figuring. I can actually stop pretty well with my right foot first, but it's pretty ugly trying to stop in the other direction.

I got turned down for a job with a company that had already trained me during college to do that very job. They turned me down in favor of someone with more experience.

It was an entry level position. :wallbash:

I'm just going to go work construction. Apparently there is no way to break into this field.

Not really a complaint but I have complained about this co-worker before. He finally got fired. After four years of leaching off of everyone, the company let him go. The mood in the office went up 10 fold. No one liked this guy because he was an arrogant prick who never thought he was wrong but never got anything right. Now I know how the people of Oz felt.

On to my complaint:

We got a new server at work and it is causing havoc as nothing is working now. I spent 4 hours this morning trying to solve some problems and it is not even my job. We do not have any IT people so you have to fend for yourself and some of my co-workers are not the most computer savvy.

I'm looking at a file with 184,857 lines of height/weight/BMI entries that is a real mess and needs to be cleaned. Sometimes weights are listed as pounds, other times they're kg. Then the actual measurements are listed in different columns throughout the file. It looks like the only way to accurately clean this file up is to do it by hand. I'm going to need some beer tonight.

I'm looking at a file with 184,857 lines of height/weight/BMI entries that is a real mess and needs to be cleaned. Sometimes weights are listed as pounds, other times they're kg. Then the actual measurements are listed in different columns throughout the file. It looks like the only way to accurately clean this file up is to do it by hand. I'm going to need some beer tonight.

I'm betting something with regular expression skillz (not me, I only know basics) could make it work.

http://www.regular-expressions.info/quickstart.html

I'd like to congratulate the SabreSpace posters on this grand day.

Complaint Thursday has reached 100 pages in length.

To think, only yesterday it barely could roll over, now it's walking upright, taking names.

You spur us all to greater lengths.

Wait, that sounds wrong.

If it's wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I'd like to congratulate the SabreSpace posters on this grand day.

Complaint Thursday has reached 100 pages in length.

To think, only yesterday it barely could roll over, now it's walking upright, taking names.

It's 200 on my view, that's even better. :)