Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

The guy I report to is a PM. His boss asked me if I wanted the job before it was offered to him and I turned it down for various reasons. This dude was like the default as no one really wanted that job.

So, this guy is incredibly overly confrontational. He tries to play devil's advocate, but it's just restrictive to the point where we don't talk in meetings with him and wind up making plans via IM afterwards. Just don't want to deal with it.

Today, I figure we're not being fair and I pull him aside and explain that he's got to calm down a bit. The response was classic...

"Me? Who? I'm not confrontational! Do you think I'm confrontational? Why? What's your reason for thinking that?"

Well, I tried.

My complaint is extra loud clapping guy. You know the guy who cups his hands and torques his elbows just right so the sound emminating from his clap is near thunderous proportions. This person also persists on clapping 10 seconds after everyone is finished. At sporting events said schmuck is somewhat tolerable, being it's a large arena with thousands of people. So why does this a#$^$#!e have to sit directly behind me evertime I go to the bar to watch the Sox? :angry:

My complaint is extra loud clapping guy. You know the guy who cups his hands and torques his elbows just right so the sound emminating from his clap is near thunderous proportions. This person also persists on clapping 10 seconds after everyone is finished. At sporting events said schmuck is somewhat tolerable, being it's a large arena with thousands of people. So why does this a#$^$#!e have to sit directly behind me evertime I go to the bar to watch the Sox? :angry:

I do that on purpose just to piss guys like you off.

The continuing Complaint Thursday Format. I don't want to have to figure out where today's ports start.

See sub-title. Normally I change it, but forgot about it being Thursday and didn't even check.

PS It's not that hard. Typically the complaints for a given day are 3 pages long, so depending on the time of day, go back between 1-3 pages. :doh:

See sub-title. Normally I change it, but forgot about it being Thursday and didn't even check.

PS It's not that hard. Typically the complaints for a given day are 3 pages long, so depending on the time of day, go back between 1-3 pages. :doh:

That sounds too much like math. I never learnt me my numbers so good.

I just saw a guy standing outside a store, begging for change. Once he got enough, he'd head inside, buy some scratch offs, then immediately head back outside. Could there be a more worthless move? At least with alcohol or smokes, he gets something in return.

I just saw a guy standing outside a store, begging for change. Once he got enough, he'd head inside, buy some scratch offs, then immediately head back outside. Could there be a more worthless move? At least with alcohol or smokes, he gets something in return.

Did you see this while you were going by on the train?...

Did you see this while you were going by on the train?...

People actually read that thing over on TSW? But yeah, that's a good complaint, so here we go:

Yesterday on my way to work, I watched some kid driving an SUV pull up behind a parked garbage truck. He then tried to throw and empty water bottle out his window into the back of the truck. He missed, then as the truck pulled away, he parked in the spot the truck had been blocking. His water bottle was right next to his door as he got out, but he couldn't be bothered to pick up the bottle and throw it out in the garbage can the truck had just emptied. I'm always amazed at just how lazy people can be.

And another train rant. On the cars I ride on, they'll open all of the doors to let people out, while new riders are supposed to enter at the front so they can pay. They'll close the back doors pretty quickly so people can't sneak on. Well yesterday, this one guy was taking his time even getting out of his seat and the door closed long before he got anywhere near it. He then began pounding on the door yelling "OPEN THE BACK DOOR!" over and over. Each time he did it, I'd add a "please" on to the end of his sentence. Then the driver started yelling back "front door" every single time he said it. The guy eventually caved and walked the incredible 20 feet up to the front of the train so he could leave. The train was completely empty too, so it wasn't like he had to push his way through 50 people to get there. I'm always amazed how much of a scene people will make just to save about 5 seconds of their day.

I'm Mr Obvious, and public transportation etiquette should be a requirement in schools.

Not to mention elevator etiquette (allowing people to get off the elevator before trying to force your way on), cell phone etiquette (too many to go into) and parking lot etiquette (tearing diagonally across an empty portion of the lot while some of us are driving between the rows). Ughh! :doh:

Not to mention elevator etiquette (allowing people to get off the elevator before trying to force your way on), cell phone etiquette (too many to go into) and parking lot etiquette (tearing diagonally across an empty portion of the lot while some of us are driving between the rows). Ughh! :doh:

Add to that mens room etiquette, all the other unrinals are empty but you come stand right next to me and want to talk about something.... Excuse me but I'm not in here trying to make friends....

People actually read that thing over on TSW? But yeah, that's a good complaint, so here we go:

Yesterday on my way to work, I watched some kid driving an SUV pull up behind a parked garbage truck. He then tried to throw and empty water bottle out his window into the back of the truck. He missed, then as the truck pulled away, he parked in the spot the truck had been blocking. His water bottle was right next to his door as he got out, but he couldn't be bothered to pick up the bottle and throw it out in the garbage can the truck had just emptied. I'm always amazed at just how lazy people can be.

And another train rant. On the cars I ride on, they'll open all of the doors to let people out, while new riders are supposed to enter at the front so they can pay. They'll close the back doors pretty quickly so people can't sneak on. Well yesterday, this one guy was taking his time even getting out of his seat and the door closed long before he got anywhere near it. He then began pounding on the door yelling "OPEN THE BACK DOOR!" over and over. Each time he did it, I'd add a "please" on to the end of his sentence. Then the driver started yelling back "front door" every single time he said it. The guy eventually caved and walked the incredible 20 feet up to the front of the train so he could leave. The train was completely empty too, so it wasn't like he had to push his way through 50 people to get there. I'm always amazed how much of a scene people will make just to save about 5 seconds of their day.

I had a house mate that made a point to bitch at me every time I pulled my truck up too close to the front of the house because it prevented him from walking in front of it to his car. Instead he would have to walk aaallllll the way around my truck to get to his car, an extra 5 seconds at best. But this was such a huge problem for him. He even made a point of climbing on our bushes and the front of my truck just so that he didn't have to walk around it. Needless to say I was pissed and gave him what for about it. Nobody touches my personal property like that. I mean, how lazy do you have to be?

I had a house mate that made a point to bitch at me every time I pulled my truck up too close to the front of the house because it prevented him from walking in front of it to his car. Instead he would have to walk aaallllll the way around my truck to get to his car, an extra 5 seconds at best. But this was such a huge problem for him. He even made a point of climbing on our bushes and the front of my truck just so that he didn't have to walk around it. Needless to say I was pissed and gave him what for about it. Nobody touches my personal property like that. I mean, how lazy do you have to be?

A carefully placed small animal trap should do the trick. (wiping off fingerprints and checking for cameras, of course).

Oh, and pay cash for the trap.

This applies to treadmills too. :angry:

Treadmills are iffey, IMO. If you are in the middle of a good run and/or have the earbuds/headphones in, don't even think about interrupting me unless my treadmill is catching fire or the building is being evacuated. If you get on a treadmill and walk at a leisurely pace and have no headphones in - well you're just asking to be pestered.

Not to mention that he really should have been putting it into a recycling bin.

Three replies and a complaint, I guess:

1. Corp: That sucks. Four hours of sleep is not enough. (Look at the first post in the thread. And then please see my point no. 4.) But Thai food is awesome. Try it on a night before a day off next time. (Really daring? Go to India Gate and order the Vindaloo, "Indian Hot." Epicurean goodness translates into gastronomic malady (or is that Malaysia, I always forget) within an hour. Oh, and happy birthday!

2. XB: The spear is supposed to make the buns soggy. Otherwise, well, you're doing it wrong.

3. Rickshaw has a great point, and I'll take it one step beyond: get off your ass and either get involved in politics or RUN. If you're that confident in the views you have, well, do more than just vote.

4. Here's the complaint: Seriously, this was more fun when it was a separate thread each week. If there's no server issue, can we at least take a poll before condemning us to this single-thread Complaint Thursday formant? I don't remember who started the tradition, but it was pretty cool, and it was neat enough to re-start each week. And I don't like being the poster who started the perma-thread!

I'm tired of idiots I work with having no respect for your time and normal schedule. Piling on trainings sandwiched around meetings on top of the usual steaming pile of crap I have to deal with every day - and most of the time the meetings fall under the usual last-second "oh by the way you have to go to this meeting at our downtown branch next week" scheduling. Absolutely ridiculous.

6:40 hockey games. They're next to impossible to get to on time during Boston rush hour traffic.

I hate this scenario when I'm cashing out at a store. I had the bills to the cashier while holding a handful of change in clear site. I'm doing this to show the cashier that I intend on giving some change, but don't have the free hand to start digging through for correct change. Sometimes I'll say something along the lines of "I should have the 19 cents", but other times I forget. I'm always holding the change right next to the cash though so the cashier can see that I intend on using it. Most of the time, they just immediately cash out and start digging through the change in the register. It's annoying, especially when you get the clueless one who can't figure out what money to give you back since they already hit that $10 button on the register and are totally reliant on the machine to know the correct change. That last part is a whole rant on it's own, but the first part about them ignoring that I'm about to give them change is my main complaint here.

The college that I pay tons of money to go to.

They decided this week to cancel our intramural Ice Hockey program indefinitely, citing some real B.S. reasons for doing so, including incidents that occurred up to 4 years ago. Last year they mandated that we have a security guard on duty for all the games, so we paid the college to let us play. WE PAID FOR SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE FREE. Apparently the security guard wasn't enough though, because certain teams and players that should have been banned ages ago were still allowed in.

So now the rest of us are being punished for the actions of a select few, because the intramural and recreation board was too lazy to bother to sort out the problems effectively, or involve ANY of us in the discussions they've apparently been having on the topic.

Thanks for nuthin RIT.

The college that I pay tons of money to go to.

They decided this week to cancel our intramural Ice Hockey program indefinitely, citing some real B.S. reasons for doing so, including incidents that occurred up to 4 years ago. Last year they mandated that we have a security guard on duty for all the games, so we paid the college to let us play. WE PAID FOR SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE FREE. Apparently the security guard wasn't enough though, because certain teams and players that should have been banned ages ago were still allowed in.

So now the rest of us are being punished for the actions of a select few, because the intramural and recreation board was too lazy to bother to sort out the problems effectively, or involve ANY of us in the discussions they've apparently been having on the topic.

Thanks for nuthin RIT.

So wait, RIT is dropping their DI program? :D