Free Agency Frenzy

Corp000085

I thought he was already on the LTIR for a hang nail. It's really bad I hear. Could be tears.

Leave Timmy alone. Don't you know Quinny and his dad are buddies? I wonder if that friendship influenced TC getting a 9 milion dollar deal while his brain was in a scrmabled eggs state. <_<

I think I may have to put this in my signature: Free agency for Sabres fans... it's like your parents wait until Christmas morning to tell you you're Jewish

Initially, that was very funny. However, how do you deal with those years when Hanukkah and Christmas take place right at the same time (such as 2008)?

The totally expected is the mid-November upper-body injury that knocks TC out of the lineup for 40 games (20 for the shoulder, then 20 more for the MRSA infection he gets while trying to rehab.

No offense, but TC having 90 points and leading a "humming" PP by the trade deadline belongs on the same list as "What Cool stuff I will buy when I win the Mega Millions jackpot."

I am trying hard WOlf to not blast away at the FO but they are making it very difficult...

You're going to pay someone that won't play every night.

Just to piggy back, Peters, or someone like him is the perfect thirteenth forward.

Someone who won't mind sitting 20 to 30 games.

Someone who won't kill you when you have to play him.

Someone who won't mind playing 3 shifts when you do play him.

Someone who will go away quietly after the trade deadline and hopefully into the playoffs.

Someone who will play for the minimum.

Someone with some respect in the lockerroom.

Someone who is not a kid who needs work in the AHL.

I guess it's just fantasy because I would dress that big beefy brotha every night! :ph34r:

I know there is some double meaning in your post, but if we had a Laraque or Brashear I'd write his name in permanent marker on the lineup board. He'd be there as long as he's healthy enough to skate.

Just to piggy back, Peters, or someone like him is the perfect thirteenth forward.

Someone who won't mind sitting 20 to 30 games.

Someone who won't kill you when you have to play him.

Someone who won't mind playing 3 shifts when you do play him.

Someone who will go away quietly after the trade deadline and hopefully into the playoffs.

Someone who will play for the minimum.

Someone with some respect in the lockerroom.

Someone who is not a kid who needs work in the AHL.

Wow. Peters out of the goodness of his heart is doing all these things and in return the Sabres ONLY pay him 500k per season. Unbelievable. What a great guy!

PS Peters will kill you every time you have to play him which is why when he does dress, he sees 2 or 3 shifts and usually all of them are in the first part of the game. What does that tell you? On top of this, he sucks as a fighter. His "I'm going to turn my back and I'll tug at you really hard until we fall clumsily to the ice" fighting style is a joke.

I know there is some double meaning in your post, but if we had a Laraque or Brashear I'd write his name in permanent marker on the lineup board. He'd be there as long as he's healthy enough to skate.

Amen! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Amen! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm not going to crusade against Peters, because he fills a role that not many guys willlingly accept.

But without a doubt, I'd much rather overpay someone like Big Georges or Brashear than underpay someone like Peters.

So you'll throw them in the same sentence as Peters. Brilliant.

I see that DeLuca is back on his "I hate Andrew Peters" soapbox again. <_<

It was sorta fun to watch you guys try to lecture him to back off on Petey. IIRC, DeLuca has hated Petey from Day One, so there was no point in me trying to argue against him on this.

Wow. Peters out of the goodness of his heart is doing all these things and in return the Sabres ONLY pay him 500k per season. Unbelievable. What a great guy!

PS Peters will kill you every time you have to play him which is why when he does dress, he sees 2 or 3 shifts and usually all of them are in the first part of the game. What does that tell you? On top of this, he sucks as a fighter. His "I'm going to turn my back and I'll tug at you really hard until we fall clumsily to the ice" fighting style is a joke.

He looked good that one game. :D

I'm on that bandwagon too. As a matter of fact, I've been there since the beginning. :D

I see that. However, you don't appear to be as vocal about it as DeLuca. That guy really shouts it from the rooftops like that New York Lottery jackpot announcer back in the 90's.

I kinda feel bad for Peters. I think if he got more ice time he could actually be reasonable. When he was on a line for a bit with Kaleta and Mair (I think???), he actually didn't look too bad. I think if he were to lose 20 lbs and put just a little more muscle on, then he could be a Bernier type player and wouldn't have to fill out the role of an enforcer, which he really isn't that good at.

I kinda feel bad for Peters. I think if he got more ice time he could actually be reasonable. When he was on a line for a bit with Kaleta and Mair (I think???), he actually didn't look too bad. I think if he were to lose 20 lbs and put just a little more muscle on, then he could be a Bernier type player and wouldn't have to fill out the role of an enforcer, which he really isn't that good at.

I don't like his fighting style either. He certainly can't hold a candle to Rob Ray. Goodness, even Matthew Barnaby was a better fighter than Petey!

Peters being compared to Bernier? If I was Bernier, I'd come hunt you down. That is about as insulting as you can be. B-)

Archived