GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

I think we can start off today by not dissing the opponents. Florida is playing well and fighting for their lives. This is not a building we play well in, Briere has already mentioned it, so the self fulfilling prophecy is ready to kick in. I can just imagine how the boys spend Wednesday night in SoFlo. Given the slump the team is in, things are setting up for another disappointing night.

Florida definitely plays the Sabres tough. They have been on a roll of late. I'm pleased that Carolina beat them the other night. They are just too far back to have a realistic shot. Their momentum was stalled.

On the plus side we have had more success against Florida this year over last year. Hopefully that success continues tonight.

Vanek has played well against Florida this year. It would be great to see him get off the snide tonight.

id like to think im an optimist, so seeing that we are on a four game losing streak i dont have much to go with.

we played better against jersey in the last game than the 5-1 beating by minnesota, so it seems that we are working out of this losing streak by better play, it just so happened that last game was against the #2 in the east. that being said, we should continue playing well as we near the playoffs and play equally well against a much worse team than NJ in florida. i know that fla plays a trap-style game and usually plays us tough, but correct me if im wrong, but i think we still are one of the better teams, and with good efforts from vanek and zubrus tonight, the blue and gold pull out a W.

i am of course optimistic and this could all be crazy. i say we give conklin the go tonight as well.

id like to think im an optimist, so seeing that we are on a four game losing streak i dont have much to go with.

we played better against jersey in the last game than the 5-1 beating by minnesota, so it seems that we are working out of this losing streak by better play, it just so happened that last game was against the #2 in the east. that being said, we should continue playing well as we near the playoffs and play equally well against a much worse team than NJ in florida. i know that fla plays a trap-style game and usually plays us tough, but correct me if im wrong, but i think we still are one of the better teams, and with good efforts from vanek and zubrus tonight, the blue and gold pull out a W.

i am of course optimistic and this could all be crazy. i say we give conklin the go tonight as well.

I think you definitely give conklin the start tonight. this guy needs to get some games in and we need to see just how good or bad he is. That'll at least give us an idea of what to expect from him if we need him in the playoffs.

Tonight you play vanek, unless he has been playing injured like people claim he might be. In that case you rest him. Considering the end of our season consists of games against Jersey, Atlanta, Montreal and Toronto, two of which are fighting for playoff spots and the other two who want the conference lead, Vanek should get some rest in order for him to be in better shape for those games.

I think next week we'll see players like Teppo and Miller get a break for our game against Washington so that they'll be rested to play the Toronto double header and try and keep the Leafs out of the playoffs, where they belong. :thumbsup:

conklin will start tonight. sorry for not starting the GDT. I've been very tired because of the daylight savings time... plus, being a teacher for the month before spring break really sucks. I'll try harder tomorrow morning!

As for the game, i don't know what to expect. I saw that spacek is out, but will play tomorrow. The game tonight will be determined by the sabres transition game. Their defense has been pretty good, and when they actually gain the zone, they generate chances. It's all about the passing and gaining the zone. I hate to predict a loss, so i'll predict a hard fought 1 goal difference tonight, in favor of the sabres!

I'll be at the game tonight. Look for the bald guy with his face buried in his hands sitting next to a hot brunette.

If you're sitting next to a hot brunette, I don't think you'll have to worry about anyone on this board looking for you... :thumbsup:

I really hope we pull a win out today. It would be good for the team and for Conklin as well. Hopefully, a win tonight will put us on a roll. I think I am in the minority with this one, but I see winning the division as a huge thing. I know it's not even close to as important as the cup, but I would still see it as a significant accomplishment. The #1 spot isn't as big for me, but a division win would be nice.

I am am predicting and hoping for a win.

I really hope we pull a win out today. It would be good for the team and for Conklin as well. Hopefully, a win tonight will put us on a roll. I think I am in the minority with this one, but I see winning the division as a huge thing. I know it's not even close to as important as the cup, but I would still see it as a significant accomplishment. The #1 spot isn't as big for me, but a division win would be nice.

I am am predicting and hoping for a win.

I want it all, :worthy: Division, :worthy: Conference, :worthy: Hart, :worthy: President and :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Cup.. I've never believed in playing for second in anything...

Frankly I don't expect much from this game. Florida needs a win desperately. Without so many key players, it is a very difficult game.

I hear ya.. I think it is too late for them though. Too many teams to climb over. Their closing schedule is brutal.. Only the CAPS and Flyers are out of the playoff hunt.. That loss to Carolina the other night hurt them... to quote the Vice President "big time".

HOME Sabres

HOME Islanders

AWAY Flyers

HOME Senators

HOME Devils

AWAY Lightning

HOME Thrashers

HOME Capitals

HOME Hurricanes

AWAY Capitals

AWAY Lightning

AWAY Hurricanes

I hear ya.. I think it is too late for them though. Too many teams to climb over. Their closing schedule is brutal.. Only the CAPS and Flyers are out of the playoff hunt.. That loss to Carolina the other night hurt them... to quote the Vice President "big time".

HOME Sabres

HOME Islanders

AWAY Flyers

HOME Senators

HOME Devils

AWAY Lightning

HOME Thrashers

HOME Capitals

HOME Hurricanes

AWAY Capitals

AWAY Lightning

AWAY Hurricanes

I see, it is really a tough schedule but it won't stop them from the desire to beat NHL's best team :) That's something to play for. Anyway, I hope D. Briere scores tonight to add to his impressive record.

Archived