GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

28 minutes of ice time for Soupy. This guy needs minutes to shine. His most TOI since early December during that run when Tallinder was out. Another big story was Conklin's play. A little shaky at times, but fantastic in the third period. Now Ruff knows he can trust the guy. But of course Lydman has to go out. As Ruff said in that MSG piece on the trade deadline war room, "You know we're not going to be healthy." Make it a wee injury for once, hockey gods. Please.

in the controversy thread i mentioned that miller should regian his edge after tonight. I believe he had gotten complacent, because well, his backup was that guy that let in that goal from the finals last year. Well, almost 50 saves later, we have ourselves a true backup. Was it a one game wonder for conks? who knows, and quite frankly i don't care. message to miller received though. He'll play well tomorrow, so will the reenergized team in front of him.

I'd come right back with Conklin.

I'd come right back with Conklin.

I would too if it were earlier in the season, but with 10 or so games to go and a 2 pooint lead in the eastern conference, you can't really afford to not play your starter, even if he is struggling. I'm impressed with conklin now. I will be impressed with miller if he finally gets that chip on his shoulder back. Benching him again tomorrow might be counterproductive. I'd say you play miller tomorrow and see what he's got.

I thought the Sabres looked awful. Conklin, Stafford and Zubrus showed up, but that is about it. They just seem to have zero jump these days. They are losing too many battles for the puck and seem to have lost their transition game and their attack. I think we were lucky tonight.

S.

Was anyone else laughing hysterically at RJ's play by play of the final minute? Did we win the Cup tonight? He was going absolutely apeshit. After the botched goal call in the early going and his comment on Conklin's first save as a Sabre, I had to wonder what was up with him tonight.

On another broadcast note, I LOVED the low camera angle use for much of the game. Really felt like I was sitting in the crowd. Much better depth perception of where the puck is. But you do lose some action along the side boards. A lot of interesting camera angles and cutaways, including one where Teppo rung puck around the glass and I thought it was coming into my house. If I had HD, I would have reached up.

I thought the Sabres looked awful. Conklin, Stafford and Zubrus showed up, but that is about it. They just seem to have zero jump these days. They are losing too many battles for the puck and seem to have lost their transition game and their attack. I think we were lucky tonight.

S.

Well that's one way to look at it... :blink:

Florida had 45 shots.. There would have been a full blown barbecue if the Sabres lost this game by some esteemed members here. It is an amazing team; they got thoroughly beat all of the first and most of the third and yet somehow ended up with five goals.... Let's hope we have seen the last of this type of game. I can't see how a team could be successful letting the opposition take 45 shots at you. Imagine how many goals these Sabres would have if they could uncork 45 shots on the competition. Great, great results, but a difficult game to watch for big stretches of time.

Florida had 45 shots.. There would have been a full blown barbecue if the Sabres lost this game by some esteemed members here. It is an amazing team; they got thoroughly beat all of the first and most of the third and yet somehow ended up with five goals.... Let's hope we have seen the last of this type of game. I can't see how a team could be successful letting the opposition take 45 shots at you. Imagine how many goals these Sabres would have if they could uncork 45 shots on the competition. Great, great results, but a difficult game to watch for big stretches of time.

Totally agreed with you about the number of shots we allowed. Still an important win to end the worst losing streak.I loved the seond goal.

:worthy: :worthy:

I kept saying wow Conklin is playing great, but at the same time, how many times did shots come from just inside the blue line with no one infront of the net?

Conks made some excellent saves.

Sabres also kept a lot of the game to the outside. It reminded me of the playoffs against Ottawa. They just kept firing shots on goal, but not a ton of quality chances. Then they'd make a mistake and Buffalo would capitalize.

Sabres success is determined by them capitalizing on chances. Last year, everytime they had an odd man rush, it was a goal.

Potvin is really fishing there - from the overhead view, it was pretty apparent that the puck was hit the back of the net before Mair came up on the crossbar.

Potvin's gotta be one of the worst color commentators out there. Brutal, just brutal!

Archived