Looks Like The Slug Comes In Dead Last

CallawaySabres

He was an orange jersey and a hideous purple jersey ranked at 7 and 8. The moral of the story here is who the hell cares what some other guy thinks. The only opinion that matters (in this kind of discussion anyway) is your own.

And yes, that hat is horrible. Thank you reebok. You already killed NFL sideline hats, so it's time to take the logical next step.

Nice. And courtesy of the folks in the sportslogos.net forums, here is a link to the ugliest hat ever.

Ugh.

Somebody at Reebok should be fired for some of the hat designs they have come out with in recent years. I swear if they gave these out as a freebie at a game, I'd refuse it.

Bunch of crackheads! :blink: This guy isn't ESPN... he is a freelancer... a wannabe... he writes an article every few months...usually after a bender.

Notice the only uni's this guy likes? OLD GUY HOCKEY... Not OLD TIME Hockey...

The best uniforms... the Habs? Really? Canadian team in USA colors...makes sense. :beer:

then the Redwings followed by th Leafs -yawn.

Figure it out. Only the newer jerseys are at the bottom, beacuse they are not MANLY...STUFF MY DAD GREW UP WITH...get over it. Got my jersey. Home. Drury. Took eight weeks because they are a hot item. Appearantly only losers in Buffalo rank them number 1. So I'm a loser...or so some

chump on ESPN says so.

:bag:

Uhhhh....Terry Frei is a pretty accomplished writer - he is a regular contributor to ESPN.com and The Denver Post, as well as having written for The Sporting News, among others. You can check out his bio here.

And as for the completely subjective rankings of the uniforms - there are things I might disagree with, but he is absolutely right on with some of the classic uniforms - the Habs, Red Wings, Rangers, and yes, even the Leafs, have strong, classic uniforms that don't look out-of-date. Really, in my eyes, there are three tiers of uniforms: the very good- to great; the solid/middle of the road unis, and then the horrible (and everyone else.) IMO, the Sabres' new uniforms are solidly in the middle - good design, great colors, and an below-average logo. Improve the logo and the Sabres would have one of the top new uniform designs in the league, IMO.

Ahhh, Great Skate. I haven't been in there in years. Do they still do the summer tent sale with a handful of NHL stars coming in to sign autographs?

Yup and it always seems like they pick such random players...like last year I think we had DiPietro and somebody from the Bruins like Brad Boyes or something. Don't quote me on that but that's how random it seems. The tent sale is OK if you are looking to pick up some extinct jerseys or need some gear going into the fall/winter league season. I'd expect many, many Red and Black VINTAGE Sabres gear this year haha.

Uhhhh....Terry Frei is a pretty accomplished writer - he is a regular contributor to ESPN.com and The Denver Post, as well as having written for The Sporting News, among others. You can check out his bio here.

And as for the completely subjective rankings of the uniforms - there are things I might disagree with, but he is absolutely right on with some of the classic uniforms - the Habs, Red Wings, Rangers, and yes, even the Leafs, have strong, classic uniforms that don't look out-of-date. Really, in my eyes, there are three tiers of uniforms: the very good- to great; the solid/middle of the road unis, and then the horrible (and everyone else.) IMO, the Sabres' new uniforms are solidly in the middle - good design, great colors, and an below-average logo. Improve the logo and the Sabres would have one of the top new uniform designs in the league, IMO.

His mother wears Army boots..... :blink:

Nice. And courtesy of the folks in the sportslogos.net forums, here is a link to the ugliest hat ever.

Ugh.

It's called the Reebok "Five-Hole Hat" for a reason.

Beavis: I am Cornholio! I need a slughat for my fivehole! Are you threatening me?

Another useless ranking. Why do people bother caring about these things?

Because its ammo for their arguements that the logo sucks and should be replaced.

I'm sure Quinn will see this and immediately put in a change to go back to the old jerseys because a writer from ESPN thinks the uniform and logo sucks

Because its ammo for their arguements that the logo sucks and should be replaced.

I'm sure Quinn will see this and immediately put in a change to go back to the old jerseys because a writer from ESPN thinks the uniform and logo sucks

True, especially considering the jerseys have been soldout for months now. All that matters is some nobody's opinion. Money doesn't count. <_<

True, especially considering the jerseys have been soldout for months now. All that matters is some nobody's opinion. Money doesn't count. <_<

yeah, but they are only selling them out because the originals aren't available so people spend $100's on a jersey they don't like only because its available.

Apparently Quinn knows this and it was his plan all along to get people to buy the new ones.

Its not possible that some people don't find them as deplorable as most posters here do

Archived