Looks Like The Slug Comes In Dead Last

CallawaySabres

yeah, but they are only selling them out because the originals aren't available so people spend $100's on a jersey they don't like only because its available.

Apparently Quinn knows this and it was his plan all along to get people to buy the new ones.

Its not possible that some people don't find them as deplorable as most posters here do

I actually have a conspiracy theory on the lack of Sabres jerseys. Reebok and the league claiming there is not enough capacity to make more jerseys is a joke. If we were talking about precious metals and intricate machining processes here they could have an argument, but they are talking about fabric and some sewing. Even synthetic fabrics should not be hard to have made when you have textile powerhouses like Pakistan and India in the mix. I firmly believe there is more of a profit margin to be made on selling the new sweaters coming out next year, and that is the only reason there are not more Sabre jerseys available this year. Like I said, it's just a theory. Another theory is that Reebok wants to make sure they have a huge volume of orders when they start making the new jerseys to help offset tooling and other start up costs associated with rolling out a new product. Either way, I believe this comes down to money, and making sure they can make as much as possible no matter how many people wanted a new Sabres jersey for Christmas.

Shaaaught, I think there is definitely something fishy going on with the current production of Sabres jerseys. As has been mentioned before, Reebok is owned by adidas, and in turn, Reebok owns CCM. So a company that is probably the 2nd-largest athletic apparel manufacturer in the world can't keep up with demand for a hockey jersey? :blink:

I think there is something else going on here, some other reason why they have purposely limited how many the Sabres/NHL ordered and how many Rbk/CCM produced...someone mentioned earlier that the Sabres only ordered ~18,000 jerseys from Rbk - I don't know the source of that number but I'd like to know why the order wasn't increased when it became apparent that the new uniforms were selling faster than they could make them...

Maybe they only oredered 18,000 because they thought they weren't going to sell because every Sabres fan hated them and was boycotting the new uniforms? They figured they could atleast sell 18,000 even if people hated them and then they found out that there was a demand and people didn't hate them as much as it is believed around here?

I don't know - that's sounds like a good reason for supply shortages in September and October - not January.

Maybe they (rightly) stayed conservative with their initial order. But when they found out they had the hottest jersey in the league for 2 1/2 months, WITH the Christmas season coming, they were unwilling or unable to get more? Like I said, it just sounds fishy to me...I think there is some other factor affecting this, whether it's the Sabres not getting their ducks in a row and ordering more, or Rbk limiting how much they can produce, or the league telling them to limit how many are available, since the new jerseys & replicas next year are supposed to be form-fitting....I don't know.

But IMO, there is something more than "they thought everyone would hate them so they didn't order a lot" going on here...

I don't know - that's sounds like a good reason for supply shortages in September and October - not January.

Maybe they (rightly) stayed conservative with their initial order. But when they found out they had the hottest jersey in the league for 2 1/2 months, WITH the Christmas season coming, they were unwilling or unable to get more? Like I said, it just sounds fishy to me...I think there is some other factor affecting this, whether it's the Sabres not getting their ducks in a row and ordering more, or Rbk limiting how much they can produce, or the league telling them to limit how many are available, since the new jerseys & replicas next year are supposed to be form-fitting....I don't know.

But IMO, there is something more than "they thought everyone would hate them so they didn't order a lot" going on here...

That last part was just a joke

I would believe that the league or Reebok maybe limiting the amount being made because of the new form fitting ones coming out next season

Archived