Sabres say seasons ticket sales rising, Ruff a reason

dudacek

Buffalo News has a lengthy Sabres-focused interview with new COO Pete Guelli.

He says the Sabres are expecting a season ticket base of about 10,000 last year to grow about 10-15 %.

New roof underway, new scoreboard ready by August, lots of other business-related tidbits, including an answer to everyone’s favourite ownership question.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/professional/nhl/sabres/pete-guelli-coo-terry-pegula-buffalo-sabres-nhl-lindy-ruff/article_33306f9c-22a5-11ef-90ca-2b5da1025629.html

Edited by dudacek
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

BuffaloNewsBreakingNewsReadthelatestBu.thumb.jpeg.c1a9be12ea4856bcb296d30d66039d6e.jpeg

Might just be this photo’s wonky composition (focusing on the helmets), but dude bears a striking resemblance to The Dark Lord (he who shall not be named).

Thought maybe Billy Corgan was a Bills fan.

• Haha (+1) 4

Save us, Master Guelli. You got Ruff in here. Now let's clear some kid trash and bring in someone fans will love, like Tkachuk.

As an avowed antimeddlite, I say meddle, Pete!

Bring back NHL hockey to Buffalo. Trying to fill the seats and make the customers happy can go hand in hand with actually winning.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

14 hours ago, dudacek said:

Buffalo News has a lengthy Sabres-focused interview with new COO Pete Guelli.

He says the Sabres are expecting a season ticket base of about 10,000 last year to grow about 10-15 %.

New roof underway, new scoreboard ready by August, lots of other business-related tidbits, including an answer to everyone’s favourite ownership question.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/professional/nhl/sabres/pete-guelli-coo-terry-pegula-buffalo-sabres-nhl-lindy-ruff/article_33306f9c-22a5-11ef-90ca-2b5da1025629.html

Couldn't read the article, might ask the 'rents to save it.  

But, it'll be real interesting to see what the STH base ends up at.  Everybody in our row came back, but when they were letting STHers choose different seats that their current ones there were a lot more than 8,000 seats available.  People in the rows behind us were really not sure they were going to renew &/or had already decided not to renew.  There also were a LOT of 1st time STHers that bought into the hope of the previous season's finish which is how the base got to be ~10k.  A lot of that hope was dashed by the way last season went.

Maybe Ruff coming in restored the hope.  But they're going to need a LOT of new people signing up to hit 11-11.5k IMHO.  Guess that's why they're opening up the next BG&I to people that aren't STHers.  (Even though that's supposed to be an exclusive perk of being a STHer.)  Hoping that hearing Lindy's enthusiasm (and Kevyn's for that matter) will seal the deal on getting people to put down their deposit.

Hope they do hit that goal and exceed it before the season is out, because games are a LOT more fun when the barn is packed.  But this past season did them no favors in that regard.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Couldn't read the article, might ask the 'rents to save it.  

But, it'll be real interesting to see what the STH base ends up at.  Everybody in our row came back, but when they were letting STHers choose different seats that their current ones there were a lot more than 8,000 seats available.  People in the rows behind us were really not sure they were going to renew &/or had already decided not to renew.  There also were a LOT of 1st time STHers that bought into the hope of the previous season's finish which is how the base got to be ~10k.  A lot of that hope was dashed by the way last season went.

Maybe Ruff coming in restored the hope.  But they're going to need a LOT of new people signing up to hit 11-11.5k IMHO.  Guess that's why they're opening up the next BG&I to people that aren't STHers.  (Even though that's supposed to be an exclusive perk of being a STHer.)  Hoping that hearing Lindy's enthusiasm (and Kevyn's for that matter) will seal the deal on getting people to put down their deposit.

Hope they do hit that goal and exceed it before the season is out, because games are a LOT more fun when the barn is packed.  But this past season did them no favors in that regard.

Hope you and/or others are able to go to the event next week and report back.

One of the reasons it was a smart hire. Sure, it has the shelf life of, I’d imagine a few weeks once the season starts, but it ramped up my willingness to be excited for game 1 2024, definitely.

If it’s the year it all comes crashing down, it’ll certainly start in intriguing fashion 

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Save us, Master Guelli. You got Ruff in here. Now let's clear some kid trash and bring in someone fans will love, like Tkachuk.

As an avowed antimeddlite, I say meddle, Pete!

Bring back NHL hockey to Buffalo. Trying to fill the seats and make the customers happy can go hand in hand with actually winning.

He needs to hire Master Gorino and teach the Sabres how to "Become...become...become..."

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

Hope you and/or others are able to go to the event next week and report back.

I’ll be there!

Truly sad and crazy that I plan my entire business around being available for a meaningless presser in June.  But ***** I’ll be there! 

• Awesome! (+1) 3

• dudacek changed the title to Sabres say seasons ticket sales rising, Ruff a reason

Figure for 100 level corners ~$80/seat or $3,500 for the 40 games plus how ever many preseason games they stick the STHers with.

Front row is $150/game.

Clubs are $104-$135 each/game.

The cheapest seats up in the 300's corners are $26/game.

On 6/7/2024 at 7:40 PM, Taro T said:

Figure for 100 level corners ~$80/seat or $3,500 for the 40 games plus how ever many preseason games they stick the STHers with.

Front row is $150/game.

Hey did you ask a question during the Q and A?  My little guy asked the first question. ‘I just want to know if you’re gonna push this team to the limit.’  I didn’t know what he was going to ask haha.  Nothing real interesting said during the session but fun event overall.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/7/2024 at 7:28 PM, shrader said:

How much does a season ticket go for these days? I’m thinking middle of the pack seats, not nose bleeds and not lower bowl. 

They had a $22/ppg special when Lindy arrived. That's $902 + whatever preseason games go for. Otherwise $26/ppg is their lowest price. Obviously those are in the nosebleeds.

10 hours ago, Derrico said:

Hey did you ask a question during the Q and A?  My little guy asked the first question. ‘I just want to know if you’re gonna push this team to the limit.’  I didn’t know what he was going to ask haha.  Nothing real interesting said during the session but fun event overall.  

Yep.  Mine was the one about any additional modifications to the hockey department / coaching ranks and about the PP.  The last one with Granato was the only one (other than the very 1st one that was done over Zoom) that I didn't get a question asked.  (My son asked my Q of Levi when he was there as I had to leave before I got a chance to ask it.)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Yep.  Mine was the one about any additional modifications to the hockey department / coaching ranks and about the PP.  The last one with Granato was the only one (other than the very 1st one that was done over Zoom) that I didn't get a question asked.  (My son asked my Q of Levi when he was there as I had to leave before I got a chance to ask it.)

So you got the ovation. Seated I assume? Or did the assemblage rise as one? And the flow is your hair not how you spit out the words like stone cold rapper?

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

So you got the ovation. Seated I assume? Or did the assemblage rise as one? And the flow is your hair not how you spit out the words like stone cold rapper?

No, they remained seated.

By any chance did you in a past life write songs for Tonic?  Because there's one that just screams you everytime it's heard.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

No, they remained seated.

By any chance did you in a past life write songs for Tonic?  Because there's one that just screams you everytime it's heard.

Tuch didn't notice RJ. That was all set up beforehand.

Scream that.

• Eyeroll 1

On 6/7/2024 at 7:40 PM, Taro T said:

Front row is $150/game.

I love hockey and of course the Sabres all the time, can't think of how connected to the team I will be when they are good.

Maybe I'm just at the point/age in my life though...when I look at those numbers...think of driving/parking/concessions...wow.  I really can't imagine going to many games (more than 3-5) per season at those prices.  NOT because I don't like the team, its just that I think I get 80%+ watching it on TV (sometimes more)....so the 'cost' of those games to me vs. what else I can do with the money...I no longer can (personally) justify it at all.