2024 NHL Playoffs - ROUND TWO

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

I know most of you guys hate Marchand, but maybe you can respect this:

I am most definitely not one of those people. We desperately need a guy like him on the Sabres.

• Agree 2

Marchand's is absolutely the right response to what happened and the guy is a heckuva hockey player.

He's also a prick and I have not lost touch with my basic Sabre fandom so much as to not enjoy it any time he suffers.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I give him credit for admitting it.

This is what I mean about Boston culture and is what I wish would come to the Sabres. It's always accountable. It's never whiney or shrugs of idk and it never turns on the fans. It's always personal responsibility in all facets. "I have to be better" and "we have to be better" is the only mantra when they lose. Sabres need this. 

• Agree 4

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I know most of you guys hate Marchand, but maybe you can respect this:

If he were a Sabre he would be a legendary fan favorite.  He dishes it out, he takes it.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Agree 1

Carolilna is just a somewhat better version or Toronto...if you are a fan of that organization you have to be frustrated and wonder what else you can do

-3rd most wins in the league since Brindamour took over

-3 seasons in a row with 110+ points (would have been 4 if you project out the previous shortened season).  Their last 4 years were better statistically (in some cases much better) than even the 2005-06-07 Sabres teams.

Sure, a lot more fun and Sabres fans would trade their success for ours recently, but you have to wonder...the Hurricanes are still young but what else can they do to get to the cup?  The 3rd most successful team in the league (2nd in the conference to Boston, Had Boston's regular seasons stats not been so inflated by last season, Carolina would be above them).

• Agree 1

3-1 lead and you smack 2 posts and get stoned by Shesterkin right after. 

Then collapse to a natural hat truck. Those are Sabres levels of misery right there. 

This team is dying for a Krieder (cough Reinhart) 

11 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Carolina… yikes. What a choke. Brindamour might not be as great as everyone thinks. 

Brind’Amour is fine.  The Canes are a result of his coaching and his disciplined system.  

The Rangers are the better team, and their goalie was amazing in the 3rd period. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Vancouver’s commitment to team defense and special teams won game 5. Quite impressive. 

Thought that was their best game of the playoffs.

They just allowed nothing, which is not unusual, but it was the first time they looked dangerous in offence.

It’s remarkable how much - in just a year - Tocchet has transformed the way they play.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1