AHL PLAYOFF GDT - Crunch @ Amerks - Friday, April 26, 2024 - 7:00 PM (EDT) AHL TV, 950/95.7 WROC

Could only catch the 3rd and all I can say is I’m glad Levi is on our side. Thought Östlund looked good, too. But the Amerks once again showed their season long propensity to have problems in their own end. Duffer made the point that one of the reasons the Amerks win so many one goal games is because they don’t score empty net goals. Their play in the D zone, especially the inability to win key faceoffs consistently, are the biggest reasons for that imo. 

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Sabres couldn’t be happier with tonight.

3 top prospects score and Levi stands tall in net.

Kulich, Rosen, Östlund, Wahlberg, Neuchev, R Johnson, Novikov, Levi all developing in the playoffs.  Good stuff.

A lot of AHL teams go far with a bunch of vets and tweeners that don’t really help the NHL team but the Amerks have a lot of kids helping drive the bus who have NHL potential in the coming years.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Could only catch the 3rd and all I can say is I’m glad Levi is on our side. Thought Östlund looked good, too. But the Amerks once again showed their season long propensity to have problems in their own end. Duffer made the point that one of the reasons the Amerks win so many one goal games is because they don’t score empty net goals. Their play in the D zone, especially the inability to win key faceoffs consistently, are the biggest reasons for that imo. 

If this is the case, glad we didn't go with Appert for the big club.

• Like (+1) 1

Wad a great game. Got to meet the #1 star Isak Rosen after the game. A really nice kid who loves to come out and mingle with fans after the games. I have a pic, but I'll have to shrink it before this crappy site will let me add it, lol.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Thanks (+1) 1