Lindy Ruff officially hired as Sabres HC

LGR4GM

3 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

He talked with double digits, truly interviewed 3/4

A good way to fight off a question regarding who he talked to as no one will pursue the read people until late in the offseason. 

It's obvious (at least to me) that Ruff was the replacement coach before the declared process even started. The qualifications that were laid out prior to the so-called search favored him as a candidate. The announced criteria fit Lindy who was going to be selected right from the start. There was no need to expand the pool of candidates and extend the search because the GM and the owner knew in advance who they were going to select. 

In my view, the search was a charade. The person that was going to be hired before the process even began was the person who was hired. If there would have been an authentic search process, it's not inconceivable that Ruff would have ultimately been the hire. My issue isn't that Ruff was hired. My issue is that this wasn't a genuine search for the best candidate. A case can be made that after a more extensive search that he would have been the best selection at the end of the search. The reality is that there was no need to rush the process out of fear that the organization would have lost Lindy to another organization. There were no reports that any other team had an interest in him. 

I would have had more respect for KA if up front came out and said the owner and I discussed the issue and felt that Lindy would be the best selection for this team at this time instead of going through this charade. 

I wish Lindy the best. Now the onus is on the GM to make the right moves to put this new coach in a position to succeed. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Lindy sounds infinitely better today in this interview with Biron. Make me feel a bit better but that roster surgery is gonna make or break it. 

None of the Buffalo media asked about roster improvements and what Lindy thinks they need.  I would have ask him that.  Ruff knows what they need.   But will he say it on Day 1? 

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'd bet that Ottawa is talking to one or both of them as well and they might be more inclined to go there with that team roster more closely aligned with their philosophies. Adams would also not want to get into a bidding war or get used in a negotiation. Sabres aren't exactly in a good position to come out a winner in those. 

Yup, I thought about that too. 

Gallant may end up in Ottawa, which will give them a big boost.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Yup, I thought about that too. 

Gallant may end up in Ottawa, which will give them a big boost.  

I think Berube or Gallant are fits for Ottawa and both of them would love Tkachuk. I'm surprised they haven't named a coach yet though . They've had plenty of time to think about it so maybe that means they are looking at an assistant on a big team still playing right now. 

or Brind'Amour 🙂

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You want me to say deliberately deceived his audience instead? Adams knowingly and purposely made it sound like he conducted a more extensive search than he clearly did. They wanted Ruff and they got Ruff. 

I don't care if he said the moon was made of cheese.  If Lindy Ruff takes the team to the next level, I'm not gonna be mad.

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

Lindy’s interview with Marty today came across better than the big presser.

Yep.  Just watched it.  Lindy's still Lindy.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Talk your therapist about it instead of torturing us with your rants.

Where's @nfreeman with a "this isn't necessary" response. Dude, do you seriously think you can cast the first stone? I recommend some rigorous meditation and self reflection.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ... said:

Where's @nfreeman with a "this isn't necessary" response. Dude, do you seriously think you can cast the first stone? I recommend some rigorous meditation and self reflection.

He's going on and on and on about.  We get it:  He thinks Kevyn lied to HIM.  Personally.  And he doesn't like it.  Can we move on now?

To be honest, the real problem is that there's very little going on in Sabreland.  Okay, Lindy was hired.  But there will be few, if any, roster changes before the playoffs are done and we're all ready to start next season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

He's going on and on and on about.  We get it:  He thinks Kevyn lied to HIM.  Personally.  And he doesn't like it.  Can we move on now?

Why are you referring to yourself in the third person?

crazy cuckoo GIF

• Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, Doohickie said:

To be honest, the real problem is that there's very little going on in Sabreland.  Okay, Lindy was hired.  But there will be few, if any, roster changes before the playoffs are done and we're all ready to start next season.

No I don't. That's idiotic and stupid. Adams has no idea who I even am. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Nailed it.

We want the next season to start now.

I don’t get as much entertainment from watching the Leafs lose as I do with a Sabres game in which they compete.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

No I don't. That's idiotic and stupid. Adams has no idea who I even am

Lol — you sure?

I take your issue here to be principled and generalized (“don’t lie to your team’s long suffering fans”), not personal.

As stated, I’d urge you to a more practical view, but I won’t drag for the passion or zeal with which you’re making your point. Keep on rockin’ in the free world.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

No I don't. That's idiotic and stupid. Adams has no idea who I even am.

Of course he doesn't.  But when you said,

17 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Called it. Again, I don't like being lied too.

...you made it sound personal.  That's all I was reacting to.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Lol — you sure?

I take your issue here to be principled and generalized (“don’t lie to your team’s long suffering fans”), not personal.

As stated, I’d urge you to a more practical view, but I won’t drag for the passion or zeal with which you’re making your point. Keep on rockin’ in the free world.

I mean... they did draft Zach Benson which was something I would have done... so maybe he does. 

Let's try something. Dear Kevyn Adams, don't ever draft a Leinonen with a 2nd round pick again, thanks. 

... now we wait. 

• Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

Yeah, it’s truly riveting stuff in this thread. And we wonder why people constantly disappear around here. 

like most communities, online or otherwise, Sabrespace inevitably devolves into psychodrama.

10 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

like most communities, online or otherwise, Sabrespace inevitably devolves into psychodrama.

It's cabin fever time.  We're all stuck in here together... just waiting....

Not sure what anyone could expect from a 28-page thread titled "Lindy Ruff officially hired as Sabres HC".

I would be interested to see what others think would be happening in here right now other than what is actually happening.

Recipe swaps? Some odd tangent into a discussion on stick blade curves? A debate over which year Miata is the best?

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Pimlach said:

None of the Buffalo media asked about roster improvements and what Lindy thinks they need.  I would have ask him that.  Ruff knows what they need.   But will he say it on Day 1? 

I'm sure it's because Lindy has yet to sink his teeth into the current lineup. Give him time.

11 minutes ago, ... said:

Not sure what anyone could expect from a 28-page thread titled "Lindy Ruff officially hired as Sabres HC".

I would be interested to see what others think would be happening in here right now other than what is actually happening.

Recipe swaps? Some odd tangent into a discussion on stick blade curves? A debate over which year Miata is the best?

Homemade garlic bread:

- Any baguette-type long roll is fine.  Cut it in half longwise like you're making a sub sandwich.

- Apply a decent amount of olive oil with a tablespoon to each half of the roll (i.e. several spoonfulls)

- Sprinkle lightly with parsley, oregano and minced garlic

- Bake in oven or toaster oven at 325 for 7 min or so until it browns

- Add some shredded cheese and bake for another 4-5 min

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Homemade garlic bread:

- Any baguette-type long roll is fine.  Cut it in half longwise like you're making a sub sandwich.

- Apply a decent amount of olive oil with a tablespoon to each half of the roll (i.e. several spoonfulls)

- Sprinkle lightly with parsley, oregano and minced garlic

- Bake in oven or toaster oven at 325 for 7 min or so until it browns

- Add some shredded cheese and bake for another 4-5 min

That's the exact recipe I use!

• Like (+1) 1