Arizona Coyotes are relocating to Utah

LGR4GM

20 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Man, those are some lame names. 

Utah being the Beehive State seems like it would offer some interesting options. 

I've seen Mammoth as a possibility. I've warmed up to that name. No elephant mascots in any pro sports right now. But yeah, those other names stink.

33 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Man, those are some lame names. 

Utah being the Beehive State seems like it would offer some interesting options. 

The obvious name is the Utah Buzz; it fits with the bee theme and aligns with the NBA Utah Jazz name.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I've seen Mammoth as a possibility. I've warmed up to that name. No elephant mascots in any pro sports right now. But yeah, those other names stink.

The Colorado Mammoth are a National Lacrosse League team, they played Buffalo for the championship last season.

image.thumb.jpeg.08ccb5569bfa4b1d2e8ccf3e6b22168d.jpeg

4 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Meruelo is a delusional narcissist that won't admit defeat despite his ineptitude and toxicity.  He'll pretend he still owns a franchise with zero hockey being played.  He still thinks he's the lone savior despite everyone and everything in Arizona refusing to work with him.

The NHL is simpler: it's always money.  They can get Meruelo an expansion team or a moved team for him.  Or they can plug in a expansion team into Arizona with a different owner and then either buy the IP rights back from Meruelo or just plug in a non-Coyotes franchise without the rights.  They don't give a *****.  Money over everything.

Yeah, I thought about giving someone else a franchise and letting him sell the naming rights to the new owner for something stupid like a hundred mill.

5 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

Will Salt Lake City have a new team name? 

In short, yes.  The former owner, Meruelo, owns the rights to the Coyotes name and logos.