GDT / Washington Capitals @ Buffalo Sabres Tues. 4/2 -7pm ESPN+ MSG & WGR Radio

11 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

2 pts means nothing was my point. Geez.

All we are playing for is pride and to gain some winning momentum for next year.  The chances of playoffs are of course extremely remote.  

Given that, why watch them if gaining 2 points means nothing?   Are you one of the "lose for a better draft choice guys", or  are you a "lose to get the coach fired guy"?  

I enjoy watching them play a good game and win, someday I hope to see it more often.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1

That was a textbook example of how the Sabres think they can win on a regular basis. When it works it works and looks good. I thought the caps would be better, thought they'd be more physical. Maybe this playoff run is wearing them down idk, but they had no answer for the speed of the Sabres tonight. 

Games like this will just serve to convince Adams he is on the right track and thus nothing will change. 

Lot of posts and crossbars on both sides. 

Winning is better than losing. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Entertaining win.

UPL was good and lucky.

Possession was really good, they moved the puck well.
I am surprised that Washington was so listless when they are right there in the WC slot battle.

That's what struck me the most. They showed nothing, except a few posts.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Entertaining win.

UPL was good and lucky.

Possession was really good, they moved the puck well.
I am surprised that Washington was so listless when they are right there in the WC slot battle.

Look at the shot pattern over the three periods… Is Washington that bad… or did Granato get his line match ups just right?… We haven’t been to the crease like that all season.

35 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

All we are playing for is pride and to gain some winning momentum for next year.  The chances of playoffs are of course extremely remote.  

Given that, why watch them if gaining 2 points means nothing?   Are you one of the "lose for a better draft choice guys", or  are you a "lose to get the coach fired guy"?  

I enjoy watching them play a good game and win, someday I hope to see it more often.  

The problem I have is that you can clearly see the Sabres are better than every team near them in the standings but managed to piss an entire year of everyone’s lives right down the toilet.  This team should be sitting comfortably in a playoff spot.  Instead our kids couldn’t figure out how to get motivated to not be down 2-0 in 30 freaking games.  Part of it is on the GM for not bringing in the leadership and players they needed to get over the hump. Part of it is on Granato for NEVER figuring out how to ensure they didn’t barf all over themselves in the first 10 minutes of every game.  Part of it is on players like Kyle Woe-Poso and Erik “where’s my” Johnson for fostering resentment toward fans and not getting this team where it should be.  There is nothing indicating anything has changed.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, inkman said:

The problem I have is that you can clearly see the Sabres are better than every team near them in the standings but managed to piss an entire year of everyone’s lives right down the toilet.  This team should be sitting comfortably in a playoff spot.  Instead our kids couldn’t figure out how to get motivated to not be down 2-0 in 30 freaking games.  Part of it is on the GM for not bringing in the leadership and players they needed to get over the hump. Part of it is on Granato for NEVER figuring out how to ensure they didn’t barf all over themselves in the first 10 minutes of every game.  Part of it is on players like Kyle Woe-Poso and Erik “where’s my” Johnson for fostering resentment toward fans and not getting this team where it should be.  There is nothing indicating anything has changed.  

This is totally on point.  The crises with the Sabres is one of leadership, top to bottom.  They have assembled some very good talent, which is clearly not enough.  I have no remaining confidence that the leadership of this organization, from players to coaches to front office to ownership are capable of taking the next steps.  

I am not surprised about the fact that the Buffalo Sabres won tonight with Sabres owner Terry Pegula at the arena for Jeff Skinner’s 1,000 game. It tells me the Buffalo Sabres play when they feel like it and that needs to change if the Buffalo Sabres want to make the playoffs next season in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I am not surprised about the fact that the Buffalo Sabres won tonight with Sabres owner Terry Pegula at the arena for Jeff Skinner’s 1,000 game. It tells me the Buffalo Sabres play when they feel like it and that needs to change if the Buffalo Sabres want to make the playoffs next season in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

the robot dancing GIF

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Lose = get mad. 😠

Win = get mad. 😠

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1