GDT / Maple Leafs @ Buffalo Sabres Saturday March 30th, 7pm / MSG ESPN+ & WGR Radio

It wasn’t No Goal 

it wasn’t John Rigas 

it wasn’t Game 7 in Carolina 

It wasn’t Alfredsson scoring in OT

it wasn’t Briere and Drury leaving 

it wasn’t Darcy saying suffering

it wasn’t the tank year

it wasn’t Jack Eichel being traded 

It wasn’t Jeannerete passing away 

THIS moment. Is the lowest point in Sabres franchise history.

It may be due to a combination of the above things plus where we are as an organization and a fan base. This is bleak. It’ll take an intervention for this team not to be moved. The only hope I have is that the Coyotes are still a team and they’re a joke 

Edited by OverPowerYou
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

FYI on why nobody dropped their gloves. “A player who instigates a fight in the final five minutes of a game (or in overtime in the regular season) will be charged a game misconduct and given an automatic one-game suspension.”

But at this point who cares, don’t get pushed around.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Correct.  Next year is his last year.  Adam’s will likely try to extend him before the season, no?  Why else would he trade Mitts for him?  

Byrum will probably not sign. He is not committed to the team like the others are. 

• Like (+1) 1

In the 2012 offseason, at least Regier signed John Scott and re-signed Kaleta. Matt Ellis skated on a garbage 4th line with the two of them. (Tarnasky was signed to the Amerks that same offseason.)

The game is different, but you can still sign players who will be teammates and stick up for each other and say, "No more."

And that team already had Foligno. And a soon to retire Cody McCormick. Girgensons was on that team! How can you all forget how to care for your own?

• Agree 1

The "scrum" at the end of the game was embarrassing. Someone.  Anyone.  Drop the gloves. The face wash stuff is just stupid. The refs giving everyone 10 minute misconduct after a lot of nothing is even a worse look. 

I hate what this league has become.  Even worse, I hate what my beloved Sabres have become

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm telling you, the NHL is an old boys' club and Pegula must owe something to someone somewhere. He's letting the team rot on the vine; make it so bad even the legendary loyal Buffalo Sabre fanbase would be numb to the Sabres being sold and moved to a new city. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OverPowerYou said:

It wasn’t No Goal 

it wasn’t John Rigas 

it wasn’t the tank year

It wasn’t Jeannerette passing away 

It may be due to a combination of the above things plus where we are as an organization and a fan base. This is bleak. It’ll take an intervention for this team not to be moved. The only hope I have is that the Coyotes are still a team and they’re a joke 

Why will they be moved?

Someone will buy them and keep them here if Pegula sells the team. It’s not the fans fault Pegula has destroyed the team.  Bring in some successful NHL people to run the team and the building will be full again. All people want is success.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

FYI on why nobody dropped their gloves. “A player who instigates a fight in the final five minutes of a game (or in overtime in the regular season) will be charged a game misconduct and given an automatic one-game suspension.”

But at this point who cares, don’t get pushed around.

Tyler bertuzzi sure didn't care as he was throwing haymakers at everyone coming near him.

1 minute ago, Sidc3000 said:

Byrum will probably not sign. He is not committed to the team like the others are. 

Why would he want to be here any longer than he has to? Would you?

If I were Benson, and I cared about my career, I'd ask to be traded this very summer.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

He's only 22 they will just give him a three year deal .

probably so, but they gave Power an 8 year deal when he was 20, and they knew Dahlin was up too. 

What if he does not sign it, they suck again next season, and he wants out so he gets moved at the deadline?  

Edited by Pimlach

4 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

In the 2012 offseason, at least Regier signed John Scott and re-signed Kaleta. Matt Ellis skated on a garbage 4th line with the two of them. (Tarnasky was signed to the Amerks that same offseason.)

The game is different, but you can still sign players who will be teammates and stick up for each other and say, "No more."

And that team already had Foligno. And a soon to retire Cody McCormick. Girgensons was on that team! How can you all forget how to care for your own?

Oh yes the vaunted 2012-13 Sabres. What a legendary team. Having those guys really made that team so good... I mean they had What? 80pts?

Edit: Sorry, lockout year. They had 48pts in 48 games. So that's an 82pt pace. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Oh yes the vaunted 2012-13 Sabres. What a legendary team. Having those guys really made that team so good... I mean they had What? 80pts?

How was your experience tonight? Id like to know your first hand report 

2 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Tyler bertuzzi sure didn't care as he was throwing haymakers at everyone coming near him.

haymakers? The whole thing was embarrassing on both sides because both teams are a bunch of pussies. Leafs want to act tough so they can look playoff ready but have you ever seen so many guys involved and yet almost nobody actually drops the gloves. Like a bunch of preschoolers all 10 of them. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, ... said:

I'm telling you, the NHL is an old boys' club and Pegula must owe something to someone somewhere. He's letting the team rot on the vine; make it so bad even the legendary loyal Buffalo Sabre fanbase would be numb to the Sabres being sold and moved to a new city. 

Pegula came in bragging and talking smack about winning Cups, spending money and drilling wells.  

The other owners probably don’t care for him. He really thinks he knows hockey because he coached his kid in the Olean Bantam House League.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Edit: Sorry, lockout year. They had 48pts in 48 games. So that's an 82pt pace. 

Yup, that team was utter garbage and had a center spine of kid-Hodgson, Ennis, Grigorenko, and Ellis (and Kevin Porter). They were already dismantling. But they weren't indifferent.

This team, with all their top 10 draft picks, has 75 points in 75 games for the very same 82-point pace.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Correct.  Next year is his last year.  Adam’s will likely try to extend him before the season, no?  Why else would he trade Mitts for him?  

What can he afford to pay him?  If you tie up almost $30M in Dahlin, Power and Byram you’ve painted yourself into a nasty corner.  IMO, one of the 3 would have to go.  

10 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

It wasn’t No Goal 

it wasn’t John Rigas 

it wasn’t the tank year

It wasn’t Jeannerette passing away 

This is familiar information? 

2 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

How was your experience tonight? Id like to know your first hand report 

I had a blast actually. We bashed the Sabres and then the Leafs fans near us. How was your 2013? I'd comment on that but I literally can't remember that team at all. They were unremarkable. 

1 minute ago, Mr Peabody said:

What can he afford to pay him?  If you tie up almost $30M in Dahlin, Power and Byram you’ve painted yourself into a nasty corner.  IMO, one of the 3 would have to go.  

He can afford Byram if he trades Power. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Yup, that team was utter garbage and had a center spine of kid-Hodgson, Ennis, Grigorenko, and Ellis (and Kevin Porter). They were already dismantling. But they weren't indifferent.

This team, with all their top 10 draft picks, has 75 points in 75 games for the very same 82-point pace.

Doesn't make the og point any better. Stop wishing for a different ***** version of this team and wish for something better. 

• Like (+1) 1