GDT: Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres 3/27 7PM MSG and Radio

bob_sauve28

I picked a bad night to quit smoking weed.  Good news is I’m about to get a 40% raise (my old company wants me back, but I think I have to pass a drug screening to get rehired)   Bad news is I can’t get to sleep without weed so booze it is.  

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, inkman said:

I picked a bad night to quit smoking weed.  Good news is I’m about to get a 40% raise (my old company wants me back, but I think I have to pass a drug screening to get rehired)   Bad news is I can’t get to sleep without weed so booze it is.  

Ever try melatonin?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Nobody cares anymore. The fanbase is zombified. 

Tonight is really the first time where I am really thinking this team will not be here in 5 seasons. This fanbase and franchise are dead and unless things change drastically headed towards the same fate as the Whalers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

KA collects players who have never been in the playoffs. Skinner on the vereran side is the most glaring. Doesn’t play defence. On the youngest roster in the league there are many others who have yet to make the show. There’s much that is lacking on this team. We’re seeing the results in this game. Another soul crushing loss to what by all accounts is a lesser team. Late in another season we will miss the playoffs yet again. KA find some capable vets who would literally chew off their foot to get to the dance. And find a coaching staff with years of playoff appearances. Or get out of town.

Well put. In off season I try to move Skinner and retain whatever we have to within reason. If no trade, he has to be bought out.

Tonight it looked like Cozens was not into it. 

Definitely need some vets who will ruffle feathers. 

Coaching staff has to change. An example of not being ready was tonight and to not call a timeout at 2, then 3 nothing is unacceptable. Feelings being hurt doesn’t matter either. UPL didn’t have it tonight and after 3 he should have been pulled. The game was salvageable at 3 and Levi playing well game them a chance. Off season is gonna be very interesting, or it should be.

• Agree 3

Just now, sabremike said:

Tonight is really the first time where I am really thinking this team will not be here in 5 seasons. This fanbase and franchise are dead and unless things change drastically headed towards the same fate as the Whalers.

I live in Albany. It would take free club suite tickets for my family, paid expenses (gas and hotel) and a meet and greet for me to come to a game. Even then I’d second guess it. I used to go to multiple games a year and pay for my friends who didn’t really like hockey to come. I would try and convert them to become fans because the Sabres were so special. I wanted them to be a part of it. I am now zombified

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, rickshaw said:

Well put. In off season I try to move Skinner and retain whatever we have to within reason. If no trade, he has to be bought out.

Tonight it looked like Cozens was not into it. 

Definitely need some vets who will ruffle feathers. 

Coaching staff has to change. An example of not being ready was tonight and to not call a timeout at 2, then 3 nothing is unacceptable. Feelings being hurt doesn’t matter either. UPL didn’t have it tonight and after 3 he should have been pulled. The game was salvageable at 3 and Levi playing well game them a chance. Off season is gonna be very interesting, or it should be.

Unfortunately, there's no way to threaten their players to do better as they will think "GREAT, maybe I will end up getting traded to a better team".   It might work for other team's players though....as their GM can say "You better play better or else I'm trading you to Buffalo!!!"

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, sabremike said:

So the current owner doesn’t give two shits. The franchise will be sold and moved?

5 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Ever try melatonin?

I have.  It kinda works but by the time I realize I need it it’s about 3 hours too late.  Drinking has been a large part of my life.  It’s ruined most of it. I’ll do it until the drug screening then get back on the weed bus.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, inkman said:

Congrats on the raise! Hopefully you figure out the weed thing. My friend was a wake and baker, and it took a bit to get straightened out after giving it up, but he feels better now than he had in a long while.

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

I have.  It kinda works but by the time I realize I need it it’s about 3 hours too late.  Drinking has been a large part of my life.  It’s ruined most of it. I’ll do it until the drug screening then get back on the weed bus.  

image.thumb.png.f94c6a94a1b620eed8f41db9258be07d.png

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

I don’t think so at all. I’ve played with some really skilled guys who if they couldn’t go through or around everyone they were completely lost on the ice. I definitely think there’s guys that have had to think a lot more about the game and positioning and strategy to stick with their peers and that shows in their game. 

Which is why you need good coaching. Good coaches can teach dumb guys to be good at their assigned roles. I'm not saying high hockey IQ isn't real or doesn't exist, I'm just saying it's over used these days and is over valued. Skill is skill, low hockey IQ just means you need more teaching and mentoring. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, inkman said:

image.jpeg.41e4f5ce152f304821863b3e21cc40bd.jpeg

6 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

and it should be. 

Now really, seriously, does ANYBODY find that first period acceptable at this stage and does ANYBODY still think Granato shouldn't be fired? 

To me it's so past the question of a debate it's ridiculous.  He should have been fired months ago. 

18 minutes ago, inkman said:

Edibles?

• Agree 3

Just now, KC Scouts said:

Right......guess he saw the light

I think Dons mistake tonight was he could have bailed UPL out. Called a timeout. Or pulled the goalie. These are simple resets that all coaches employ when the team comes out flat. Don seems to know better. And before long its 5-0.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

image.gif.d0a5bf31dd231f69dfeba6bb83f5cd

Mission accomplished.  Pray for everyone else in my life.  

7 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

and it should be. 

Now really, seriously, does ANYBODY find that first period acceptable at this stage and does ANYBODY still think Granato shouldn't be fired? 

To me it's so past the question of a debate it's ridiculous.  He should have been fired months ago. 

Edibles?

I have plenty of edibles.  I was under the impression that’s going to trip up the weed test as well. 

27 minutes ago, inkman said:

What about getting medical Marijuana card?